Dec 29 2011
By: OneDoesNotSImply First Son 12 posts

Playstation 3 XMB Theme changes colour by itself (Mystery still unsolved)

3 replies 122 views Edited Dec 29, 2011

Some Detailed Info on my problem:

Yesterday I restored by Playstation 3 system some time after noon (maybe at about 14:00-16:00) So I got the default settings on it. Previously my settings were determined by the previous owner so it might have been different. After I set up everything on the newly formatted HDD, I chose my theme colour to the elctric blue. I played to about 23:00 and when I went to shut down the system everything was still blue. Today I started at about 13:00 and it was still blue. At about 16:00 I shut down the system and came back at around 19:00 to play again. This time the when the ps3 logo came it wasn't simply the normal light purple, but it was black. I checked and found the setting to be default on both user accounts. I checked out on google for why it was so dark and apparently it is manipulated by the time of the clock.

My question is: how did it change to default colour when it was off?

Message 3 of 4 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5406 posts

Re: Playstation 3 XMB Theme changes colour by itself

Dec 29, 2011

I'm not sure how it changed back to default, but the default background does change color based on the time of day and the date of the year.

Message 1 of 4 (122 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Dec 29, 2011

I had accidentally set the date 2 days late, now it says 26th of December...could it be because of the end of christmas?

Message 2 of 4 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
5406 posts

Dec 29, 2011

OneDoesNotSImply wrote:

I had accidentally set the date 2 days late, now it says 26th of December...could it be because of the end of christmas?

I doubt the a date change on the calendar would start changing PS3 settings.

Also, today's the 29th. You may want to try setting the date and time again.

Message 4 of 4 (122 Views)
0 Likes