Apr 26 2008
By: SenseLesSC0miC First Son 31 posts

Playstation 3 Startup Freezes/Error

61 replies 2056 views Edited Apr 26, 2008
When I Turn On My PS3, You Hear the Startup Music (The Orchestra Tuning soundfile) and You see the spiraling Image in the background and the words "Sony Computer Entertainment" Show up as they're supposed to but it immediately cuts out the sound and fades in color a bit and stops working. The only sign of activity is the spiraling image in the background, still moving but rather slowly. When you push the disc eject button it responds. But when you hold the power button to restart, or push the PS button on the controller to start the system or turn on/off a controller, the system doesn't respond. Anybody know what this issue might be?
Message 1 of 62 (2,056 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: Playstation 3 Startup Freezes/Error

Apr 27, 2008
I am having the same problem. It started today. If you find a fix, please post!!!
Message 2 of 62 (2,056 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
31 posts

Apr 27, 2008
Now the system turns on, but there is no sound and no picture. I don't even think the fan is working now.

I'm assuming the only fix is to call Sony? If I'm wrong please enlighten me.

Message 3 of 62 (2,056 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
11467 posts

Apr 27, 2008

BronxBombers2oo2 wrote:
Now the system turns on, but there is no sound and no picture. I don't even think the fan is working now.

I'm assuming the only fix is to call Sony? If I'm wrong please enlighten me.

Check that your cables are all plugged in tightly.
Message 4 of 62 (2,056 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
31 posts

Apr 27, 2008
All cables are plugged into PS3 tightly. All cables are plugged tightly and properly into TV; believe me that's the first thing you would check if you had this problem. 
Originally the PS3 was plugged into a surge protector, so I unplugged it from there and put it in a regular outlet and it still won't work.
Message 5 of 62 (2,056 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
11467 posts

Apr 27, 2008
Oh, does the green light come on when you turn it on?  I'm not sure about for a PS3, but that's a lot like what happens when a PSP bricks.  The lights come on for a few seconds and it shuts off.  No sound, no video.  But I'm not entirely sure, so check with others.
Message 6 of 62 (2,056 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
31 posts

Apr 27, 2008
You flip the switch on the back of the console and the red stand-by light turns on. 
The controllers don't respond to the system when you push the PS button (you push it and the 4 lights on top of the controller continuously flash without choosing a channel).
You touch the eject button and it makes the "beep" sound if there is no disc; it still takes and ejects games but will not play them. BUT when you push the eject button when the system is in Stand-by mode, the system will not "turn on".

The only way you can make the red light turn to the green light, is if you touch the power/restart button. The system will beep to let you know it is turning on, the TV will flicker to show there is some feed coming through the cables, and the fan even STARTS to work. But as soon as your hopes are high, the fan stops working, the light on the system remains green, but there is no sound ... and no picture ... and the PS3 makes no "fan" noise; then it gradually starts to overheat due to a lack of fan power. 

Message 7 of 62 (2,056 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
31 posts

Apr 27, 2008
Anybody have any suggestions??
Message 8 of 62 (2,056 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5269 posts

Apr 27, 2008
turn off in back for a min. then back on~~hold start button on front until second set of beeps ~ see if that helps
Serenity is not the absence of conflict;
Serenity is the elimination of conflict.

Photobucket
Message 9 of 62 (2,056 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
31 posts

Apr 27, 2008
yeah I've tried that. Doesn't work either.
Message 10 of 62 (2,056 Views)
0 Likes