Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 17 2013
By: GuRuAsaki2098 Uncharted Territory 1739 posts

Playstation 3: PS Network Maintenance?

32 replies 9774 views Edited Jan 17, 2013

Issued early this morning on Thursday... & will be out till 10pm... 

Anyone know exactly what the Maintenance is for? 

Or what is exactly being Updated? 

The PS Store is seriously lacking in Content, most of the Stuff is old... 

Barely any of the Anime Games get Demos for them... 

DLC is so far behind, it's like taking months for just 1 DLC to hit, 

& it's usually just stuff already being given out for Pre-Order... 

Such a let down... 

I can deal with the DLC comming out in the Future, just as long as it comes out eventually... 

I hate waiting, just to find out it's not comming... 

But what I can't deal with, is that no Demos are comming out... 

When they come out, their mostly for Games i'm not interested in... 

I really hope this Update is big, their taking till 10pm, I expect a lot from it... 

All these Games that have Black Outs, & all kinds of Problems... 

& not 1 Demo, kinda wander if they are deliberately doing this to us, or not... oO 

If this Thread was already Up, I can't find it... Plz point me to it?

Hey, Yo, Waaaaazzzzuuupp!!! .................................................................................................................

Playstation 4
Too much Networking, & Socializing, but yet not enough Gaming... ~_~
Not My Style!!!

Get Your Portable ID!
Message 1 of 33 (9,774 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2712 posts

Re: Playstation 3: PS Network Maintenance?

Jan 17, 2013

lolwut. Lacking in content? Depends on what games you play.

Message 2 of 33 (9,682 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
30434 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 17, 2013

GuRuAsaki2098 wrote:

Issued early this morning on Thursday... & will be out till 10pm... 

Anyone know exactly what the Maintenance is for? 

Or what is exactly being Updated? 

The PS Store is seriously lacking in Content, most of the Stuff is old... 

Barely any of the Anime Games get Demos for them... 

DLC is so far behind, it's like taking months for just 1 DLC to hit, 

& it's usually just stuff already being given out for Pre-Order... 

Such a let down... 

I can deal with the DLC comming out in the Future, just as long as it comes out eventually... 

I hate waiting, just to find out it's not comming... 

But what I can't deal with, is that no Demos are comming out... 

When they come out, their mostly for Games i'm not interested in... 

I really hope this Update is big, their taking till 10pm, I expect a lot from it... 

All these Games that have Black Outs, & all kinds of Problems... 

& not 1 Demo, kinda wander if they are deliberately doing this to us, or not... oO 

If this Thread was already Up, I can't find it... Plz point me to it?

Click the folowing link then look at the top right hand corner, it's been there for a few days now. & is on EVERY page you open.

https://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Network/bd-p/22599

Here's the official link one of the managers put up.

https://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Network-Support/FYI-PSN-Maintenance-Scheduled-fo...

Message 3 of 33 (9,571 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jan 17, 2013

what's  the update #? 4.3what? or perhaps 4.40? jw

Message 4 of 33 (9,325 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
30434 posts

Jan 17, 2013

ShagsREVENGE wrote:

what's  the update #? 4.3what? or perhaps 4.40? jw

It's not a firmware update just routine maintenance.

P.S. Welcome to the Community.

Message 5 of 33 (9,007 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
889 posts

Jan 18, 2013

I just logged in and forgot maintenance was on. When I launched the store it gave me the message but froze me up.

photo wizard_zps4173ab5c.png
Message 6 of 33 (8,660 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1742 posts

Jan 18, 2013

It's amazing even today how many people don't know the difference between network maintenence (maintaing network equipment and software) vs. updates.......

They're not updating the Store...... and quite frankly there's no need. It's easy to use if you actually bother figuring it out. I was one of the opponents of it till someone pointed out a menu I hadnt' noticed.....  And they even changed the only thing I found annoying... the PS3 add-ons menu. Now it's listed by games only and not 8 different catagories. Although the thing that was pointed out to me was there WAS a list of games, literally the list of games...... and when you sort it A-z... there's your add-on by games list like we had before.

Message 7 of 33 (8,307 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1739 posts

Jan 18, 2013

Thats not the Problem with the PS Store I had... 

Avatars & Themes were messed up, Add-Ons were not under Games, they were jumbled around... 

Games were all over the Place... 

I hate the A-Z Search Tool... 

You claim they fixed the 8 Catagory thingy, but I still see it there... 

Mind you that the Old Store ran A lot Faster, & it had different Layouts, unlike how this one only has 1 Layout that I've noticed so far... 

The only thing wrong with the Old Store was the Videos... 

--------------------

They claim it's faster & easier to Search now, then before... But that is a Lie, because I can't find anything I look for anymore... 

Before I used to be able to find things so fast... 

And their A-Z Seach Tool takes forever to use, it laggs, & this New Store is just Buggy as heck... 

Sometimes I get Errors kicking me out of the Store, & crap, saying it errored out or timmed out, or something.... 

Other times, I wander if my Funds are going to go through with a Purchase, or if i'm going to hit & Error, & get screwed over... 

I just plain do not like the New Store... 

-----------------------------------

Another Problem with the PS Store is that when you perform Searches, you don't always find what you want, even though, you know it's there... For instance, if you type Resident Evil in, you will not even find the 6th Game Listed on the Selection Area... 

Or at least it wasn't, I dunno if they fixed that, or not... but I mean this New Store kinda sux...

They are trying to fix it, but really, i'd rather they didn't fix it, & just try something else....

Hey, Yo, Waaaaazzzzuuupp!!! .................................................................................................................

Playstation 4
Too much Networking, & Socializing, but yet not enough Gaming... ~_~
Not My Style!!!

Get Your Portable ID!
Message 8 of 33 (7,427 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1283 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 18, 2013

GuRuAsaki2098 wrote:

Thats not the Problem with the PS Store I had... 

Avatars & Themes were messed up, Add-Ons were not under Games, they were jumbled around... 

Games were all over the Place... 

I hate the A-Z Search Tool... 

You claim they fixed the 8 Catagory thingy, but I still see it there... 

Mind you that the Old Store ran A lot Faster, & it had different Layouts, unlike how this one only has 1 Layout that I've noticed so far... 

The only thing wrong with the Old Store was the Videos... 

--------------------

They claim it's faster & easier to Search now, then before... But that is a Lie, because I can't find anything I look for anymore... 

Before I used to be able to find things so fast... 

And their A-Z Seach Tool takes forever to use, it laggs, & this New Store is just Buggy as heck... 

Sometimes I get Errors kicking me out of the Store, & crap, saying it errored out or timmed out, or something.... 

Other times, I wander if my Funds are going to go through with a Purchase, or if i'm going to hit & Error, & get screwed over... 

I just plain do not like the New Store... 

-----------------------------------

Another Problem with the PS Store is that when you perform Searches, you don't always find what you want, even though, you know it's there... For instance, if you type Resident Evil in, you will not even find the 6th Game Listed on the Selection Area... 

Or at least it wasn't, I dunno if they fixed that, or not... but I mean this New Store kinda sux...

They are trying to fix it, but really, i'd rather they didn't fix it, & just try something else....

The new store now runs at identical speeds to the old store, if it doesn't for you then upgrade to a better internet provider. Since the recent update items and pages load with ease, almost instantly. The store we upgraded from had one layout, I don't think you know the difference between a layout and a background image that spruced up the older store because it was so bland and outdated in design.

The store is faster and easier to search, this all comes down to how well accustomed to it you are, I find everything I need faster in this store than I did the other. It has everything to do with the user taking the time to get to know how to navigate through the store to get to a specific piece of content in the fastest way possible. Which I simply learned by experimenting with it.

I have not once come by one error in the store. I've had timeouts from the network while having something download and install while still having the store open during the process, that's normal. If you're not actively navigating the store or using it for a while you timeout from the network because no data packets are being transferred between your console and the network.

When doing searches throughout the store the available content extends far beyond the "Top Results" section. Just incase you didn't know, all of the content below the first few items that show up during a search is also content relevant to your search, it's just content that has yet to become a "top result" for the reasons that not many are searching it because it's either not high in demand or it's actually a newly released game.

All-in-all instead of continuously making it clear that you don't like the new store, learn how to use it. Any interface can be used with ease, you just have to master it, take it as a challenge over viewing it as a set back and time consumer. It isn't going anywhere, might as well learn to love it.

Message 9 of 33 (7,209 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1368 posts

Jan 18, 2013
So what happened.. it's unnerving when maintenance takes longer than normal.
 photo EZRASIG_zpsf85694e2.jpg
Message 10 of 33 (6,752 Views)
0 Likes