Aug 08 2012
By: zteb12047 First Son 1 posts

Playstation 3 Not Connecting to HDMI

[ Edited ]
1 replies 60 views Edited Aug 8, 2012

Hello all, I am using a 40Gb 'non-slim' Play Station 3, which I have had since 2008 (at least).  

I am also using an Optoma DLP HD20 Projector, connected with a TX-SR606 Onkyo AV Receiver.

I have used my playstation 3 with this set-up for the 2.5-3 years that I have had this set-up, and all of a sudden I am having a problem.  My PS3 is plugged in to an HDMI port, and when I turn it on, I get a message, "HDMI has been found, would you like to output audio/video using HDMI?"  This is weird, because I didn't change anything...but I oblige, and click yes.  So I lose my signal, expecting it to come back asking if I can see the screen, and would like to save the settings.  But I sit there for 30, 45, sometimes even 3-5 minutes, and nothing happens.  Even when I hit no, or hit yes or press buttons on the next screen, nothing works.  Does anyone have any solutions?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 2 (60 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
14949 posts

Re: Playstation 3 Not Connecting to HDMI

Aug 8, 2012

Have you tried the video settings reset and reset the projector?

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 2 (53 Views)
0 Likes