Dec 26 2012
By: GuRuAsaki2098 Uncharted Territory 1739 posts

Playstation 3: Games (Genre Questions)?

6 replies 153 views Edited Dec 26, 2012

I play All Genre in Games, maybe 1 or 2 are not for me, but pretty much I play everything... 

Thing is lately, all there is, is First Person Shooter Games & RPG Games & such, & such... 

What I mean is, there aren't really that many Variaties anymore... 

Does anyone else feel like they are killing off some of the Types Of Genre now? 

Fighting Games seem like they are going either Cross Over Fighting or RPG, Horror really isn't Horror anymore, & RPG are more like FPS now... 3rd Person Shooters are more FPS now, too... 

What i'd like to see is more 3rd / 1st Person Shooters, where you can switch the Views... 

Howabout some Games dealing with Dice, or Cards... 

How about some Games more based on Creation, instead of Destruction... 

What happened to all of those Types Of Games? 

Howabout some Free Roam RPG's like FF7, but without the Final Fantasy Name, & more HD like... 

Are these Genre going to Die out? I'm not saying we don't have These Types of Games, i'm saying there are a lot less of them now, then there was before... Whats the Deal?

Hey, Yo, Waaaaazzzzuuupp!!! .................................................................................................................

Playstation 4
Too much Networking, & Socializing, but yet not enough Gaming... ~_~
Not My Style!!!

Get Your Portable ID!
Message 1 of 7 (153 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1173 posts

Re: Playstation 3: Games (Genre Questions)?

Dec 26, 2012

So, you're asking for a variety on those genres which are Shooters & RPGs. That depends on the developer of how they want to make the game. Also, crossover fighting? What about Tekken Tag Tournament 2 & Dead or Alive 5? They weren't crossovers & were just fighting games.

RPGs are now FPS? But there are some that came out late 2010s that weren't even like that... Maybe you're not looking around? Also, there are tons of genres that aren't of what you mentioned.

Beat-em ups still continue via PSN since they don't offer a lot as a full retail $60 game. There are still racing around & in PSN.

Mostly, the full retail games aren't spreading out in genres. There will be in 2013 with DMC, Metal Gear Rising, and God of War.

It's just that you will see most doing shooters & sometimes you might see some original content or the same like any other shooter.

It depends on the developer.

You don't see those types of genre as they will stick with the basic ones that sells.

Just remember to keep checking upcoming full retail games + the network store & you might see a variety within other genres.

But don't expect such as shooters or even RPGs to spread out. You could sometimes see original games in PSN with the examples you gave.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GameAtHeart's Average Gaming & Entertainment Channel
Message 2 of 7 (145 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
25937 posts

Dec 27, 2012

GuRuAsaki2098 wrote:

I play All Genre in Games, maybe 1 or 2 are not for me, but pretty much I play everything... 

Thing is lately, all there is, is First Person Shooter Games & RPG Games & such, & such... 

What I mean is, there aren't really that many Variaties anymore... 

Does anyone else feel like they are killing off some of the Types Of Genre now? 

(You've heard of "supply and demand"? If these are the types of games that are selling, then that's what they will make. Nobody is "killing off" anything except the consumer. In a few years maybe something totally different will be in style. Who's to say.)

Fighting Games seem like they are going either Cross Over Fighting or RPG, Horror really isn't Horror anymore, & RPG are more like FPS now... 3rd Person Shooters are more FPS now, too... 

(Game genres aren't as rigid as they used to be. Developere aren't as likely to say "This is how we make it, and there is no room for compromise". They pull in many elements from other genres)

What i'd like to see is more 3rd / 1st Person Shooters, where you can switch the Views... 

Howabout some Games dealing with Dice, or Cards... 

How about some Games more based on Creation, instead of Destruction... 

What happened to all of those Types Of Games? 

(Again, shifts in consumer tastes)

Howabout some Free Roam RPG's like FF7, but without the Final Fantasy Name, & more HD like... 

Are these Genre going to Die out? I'm not saying we don't have These Types of Games, i'm saying there are a lot less of them now, then there was before... Whats the Deal?

(As long as shooters remain popular, that's what we're going to see. Not for nothing, but "different" types of games haven't usually sold well. Remember Okami? Beyond Good and Evil? Both were "different", and neither sold well. The latter suffered because many "gamers" felt they couldn't take the character design seriously, and mistook it for a platformer, when it was really an open world, stealth/action game. Here's how to ensure that different types of games get made; don't line up at Midnight to buy the next Call of Duty. When sales go down, then developers will start looking elsewhere for inspiration)

Message 3 of 7 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6706 posts

Dec 27, 2012

GuRuAsaki2098 wrote:

Try "Rainbow Moon" it is a Free Roam RPG like FF7, but without the Final Fantasy Name. And it is in HD.

asimo_a_GIFSoup.com.gif

Here's symbols to copy & paste into your friends list comment. ℡ № ª
⇒⇔ ¹ ² ³ ® ™ ‰ © ½ ¼ ¾ ←↑→↓ψ † ‡ ※♪♭♯★ ☆▲▼△▽◆ ◇ ○ ◎ ● ■ □ 回 〓 √∞♂♀ 웃 유
Ω ①②③④⑤⑥⑦⑧⑨⑩⑪⑫⑬⑭⑮⑯⑰⑱⑲⑳ ㎎ ㎏ ㎜ ㎝ ㎞ ㎡ ㏄ ≒ Æ æ η α β ε α₩£ ≡ » « ¶ † εïз ∵
∴ #’〈 〉《 》「」『 』【 】〔 〕ミ 彡 ッ シ!#@ $ %
&()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz[\
]^_`{|}~¢£ㄻ ㄼ ㄽ ㄾ ㄿ ㅁ ㅂ ㅄ ㅅ ㅆ ㅇ ㅈ ㅊ ㅋ ㅌ ㅍ ㅎㄱ 을 ㄺ卍∃⊥ ∀ Ξ Σ Π 文 ≒≠ ≡≦
≧ⅠⅡⅢ Ⅳ Ⅴ Ⅵ Ⅶ Ⅷ Ⅸ Ⅹ ⅰ ⅱ ⅲ ⅳ ⅴ ⅵ ⅶ ⅷ ⅸ ⅹ¬ ̄ ±∂∩∀∇∠∧∨∩∪∫∬⊂⊃⊥⊿⌒─│┌┐└┘├┤┬┴┼─
━│┃┌┏ ┐┓└┗ ┘┛├┝┠┣ ┤┥┨┫┬ ┯ ┰ ┳ ┴ ┷ ┸ ┻ ┼ ┿ ╂ ╋
Message 4 of 7 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6508 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 27, 2012

I agree with what you its  sad but the answer is  quite simple.. "cost"

Everything leads to  cost,  cost to make,  cost to publish. cost to market. .. Games are way more expensive  today than  ps2 era. becuase everyone want to go bigger with everything. also  being original is not costly but to put it to effect is very costly  when alot devs today are perfectonist  or under pressure and drag the game for  longer than expected which is the norm and costly.. But you cant blame these guys becuase they can be fired and out of job if they screw up.

Its  was not hard to get a 1 million$ loan to  make  video games that could make 20 mill in the  ps2 era. Which was the case  alot great titles  went platnuim in that era.. Now  that is not the case  for this era becuase of cost. As far as genre.  i agree with you alot genres  have been butched like   hogs  for the  bbq contest. some a lost altogehter  like orphan annie looking  for away  home again..  It sad to see alot genre   thrown together like a  jumbo cajun  bean meal  bowl. Its lack  creativity and originality meshing genre's but i think its becuase it sound  so much better if  they  say something  is complex, its build other  thoughts for the buyer or publisher.. One thing  i learned in college from professer is every man/ woman has a little salesman in them. When theyre getting excited about something they complex it with so many desires becuase it might be there last time doing  these/this  desire.. It part of being a saleman or a inventor.

You have get the buyers excited with it feature.. A screw driver is as simple as it gets  and is straight forwards to the issue.   Tell  me how do sell that with excitement  lol. But if say you can  attach this and that part . it works wonders, it  can do  what 5 tools do in under 30 seconds and   so much more easier  to use and easy on the  hands, it prevent arthritisis and   sick   knee/elbow. The neck is rejuvinated with  each turn of the screw driver..   What you just did  there ,is  got a sale my  friend and a alot of  hows and wth's?, and   Show me, prove it...  In small  the more you have to offer  the greater the intrest in it. People want to be exicted and brag with  there product and purchase. Some  folks  call it depth and value, re-use ablitity..  Some call  to much..

but in small i agree with what you said. Alot genre are dead. But cost is the reason why

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 5 of 7 (116 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
11830 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 27, 2012

Sometimes you need to dig deep for the video game experiences that you are looking for.

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch is coming out in North America soon. Is this video game on your radar? I’m really looking forward to 2013 and not one video game on my “must-have” list is a first-person shooter. I don’t think you need to worry too much about the fighting and role-playing game genres but you might need to worry about the survival horror genre and the turn-based JRPG subgenre. It is just the way that things are right now.

I hope that you are still able to find the experiences that you are looking for and I hope that no video game genre ever truly dies.

Twitter: @Sweet13Poison | YouTube: Sweetest13Poison

Message 6 of 7 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1739 posts

Dec 28, 2012

1.) Your refering to 2010 Era, i'm not talking about that Era of Games, i'm talking about the stuff comming out now... It just seems like everything is going FPS now, there are a Few Fighting Games, yes... But from what I know, they probably won't last, because for 1 DBZ was a horrible Fighting Game, DOA 5 probably was good, but again it probably won't last, since it's more of an X-Box Game, then a PS Game Title... Tekken Tag Tournament 2, even though it's not a Cross Over, it still feels like one, because of that Crappy Armor Mode System that is put in the Game... The Armor Mode System is put in pretty much every Cross Over Game released... 

Red Faction kind of Changed the 3rd Person Perspective for Games, making it 1st Person, but behind the Players Head... 

A lot of 3rd Person Games are going that Rout now... Which aren't as great as they used to be... 

If not doing that, they just go FPS... 

I know some RPG's have gone FPS, too... 

I haven't seen a Single Horror Game using the Survival Style on the PS3 at all... Dead Space was close, but that Game is more like a Cinematic Movie, then an actual Game... Resident Evil lost it's edge when it went 3-D back when RE4 came out to me that is... 

Silent Hill has changed as well... All we are getting now are Side Stories... I want to go back to the Actual Plot with Heath, & such...

Never heard of those two Games, you two mentioned, i'll have to look into them... 

The other thing that to me seems like is Dying out, is the Graphix... 

I can't see why people would rather have 720P then 1080P... 

I got a 1080P Monitor, & 720P looks horrible on my Monitor... 

I also got a TV, where 720P looks really bad on it, too... 

What is so Impressive about 720P? I just dun get it... ~_~

Hey, Yo, Waaaaazzzzuuupp!!! .................................................................................................................

Playstation 4
Too much Networking, & Socializing, but yet not enough Gaming... ~_~
Not My Style!!!

Get Your Portable ID!
Message 7 of 7 (48 Views)
0 Likes