First Son
5 posts

Re: Playing Online Via Satellite

Apr 11, 2007
I play with satellite internet

and it works fine on the playstation3 online, sometimes it will lag a little but i havent had many problems with it except the only thing is that the signal may sometimes go out, but that also might depend on who your internet provider is. It isn't good for playing computer games, but it's not bad for Playstation3 games. I have a wireless router, so yes you can use a wireless router. The PSN is great and i suggest getting the satellite if you can't get anything else, cause i couldnt get anything else so that is why i needed to get the satellite.

Hope this helps.......

Message Edited by Mace68 on 04-10-2007 05:03 PM
Message 11 of 25 (292 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Apr 11, 2007
Mace68 did you have to do anything special to get your ps3 to connect over a sat connection.
Message 12 of 25 (292 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1644 posts

Apr 11, 2007
It is HORRIBLE!!!To laggy xD.
Photobucket
Message 13 of 25 (292 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Apr 11, 2007
no i didnt have to do anythign special, but i just used a wireless router cuz i have the 60gb ps3 and my ps3 is downstairs so yea i used a wireless router, but if you have the 20gb ps3 then i have no idea what to do
Message 14 of 25 (292 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
64 posts

Apr 12, 2007
which company's satellite internet do u have?
Message 15 of 25 (292 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2786 posts

Apr 12, 2007

mc73y2k wrote:

LesPaul5391 wrote:
I was just wondering if there is anyone out there who playing there ps3 online via satellite internet (hughesnet, etc.)
Because of where i live i can't get cable dsl, so i am considering getting satellite internet so i can play my ps3 online.
But satellite internet is really expensive so before i buy it i have a few questions:

Is it as simple to use with a ps3 as regular dsl?
Is it worth spending alot of money on satellite internet just to play online or get the PS Store?
Will it have the same connections? (by this i guess i mean will i still just be using regular ethernet cable like what came with it?)
Will i still be able to get a wireless router and play online wirelessly?

im a total newb when it comes to this stuff so i apologize if some of these questions are really stupid

I've heard playing online with satellite is horrible. Satellite has really bad lagging online.

Isn't all internet satalite eventually? How do you play online with Japaness players, like on Ridge Racer?

"In my life, I have this regret, that too often when I loved, I did not say so"
Message 16 of 25 (292 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Apr 12, 2007
i think it's like Wild Blue
Message 17 of 25 (292 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Nov 18, 2007
ok well i got satallite internet im getting ps3 does it and what im wondering is when the connection is good does it lagg a little or does it lagg a lot like i mean a little is does it lagg like a person would with the best connection or is it just like skippy a little or when its really laggy does it skip around or what             ............ please reply
Message 18 of 25 (292 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Nov 18, 2007
no you dont have to do anything speacial the modem for satallite is just like dsl or cable just bigger pretty much a dsl cable comes out of it plug it directly into your xbox or a router and it also works like that for wierless and i i have xbox360 on live the way the connection is i use satallite also and for me its just for how ever is hosting if they have good connection you will have smooth game play if that have bad connection just quite the match lol
Message 19 of 25 (292 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Nov 18, 2007
elutj what do you mean you waited does cable plan to be in every area and how do you know when its coming cause i wanna find out please tell me how to find out if its coming to my area or when

Message 20 of 25 (292 Views)
0 Likes