Jun 13 2011
By: Arraknid First Son 2 posts

PlayStation troubles

4 replies 22 views Edited Jun 13, 2011

Ok so I have a tale about my ongoing issues with my console, and I am looking for advice.

My loving wife got me a PS3 not this Christmas, but the one before (2009).  I took it, I have played with it, I love it.  Not being as hardcore as I once used to be I play it on and off, but I use it more for Blue-Rays and was now hoping to use it for Netflix.

At some point, possibly with the first update, or maybe one shortly after though it would refuse to update, it would Download to 99%, stop and say there was an error, EVERY TIME I tried.  Once is odd, try again, twice is possible but strange.  Three times there is something wrong, but the system still worked and played the few games that I wanted and times were good.

So we got a game that required an update.  No ifs ands or buts, I needed that update.  Oppon research I found out that others with this problem had solved everything with downloading the update onto a USB and doing it that way.  Simple.  Done.

Except.

I noticed it but thought I was going crazy, but then it got worse and worse.  The loading time just to the dash was rediculously long.  I meen, I would turn it on, tell it to log on to my account and would go and get a snack, use the washroom and possibly play with the dog and I would still have to wait a minute for it to finish, or sometimes it wouldn't finish and just hang.

It kinda fell to the wayside, we were moving again after all and I had other things to do.  Now wanting to get netflix I booted it up to try to get it onto the network.

It tells me it needs an update, big black screen that wont let me do anything except enter a USB stick to update the system.  Ok, easy.  Done.

It loads, and now it can't find my Wireless network.  Entered the SSID multiple times, checked, double checked and got someone else to indipendantly do the same.  Same with the password.  Upon a scan, the network doesnt come up.  Is it within range?  I would hope that the 3 feet it is away from the router would be.  Ok, not a huge deal, I heve enough Cat5 around.

Well now, its back to the black screen saying that I need to update.  Again?

I am getting fed up with this thing.  If you need more information I can get it for you, just ask away.

Thanks

Message 1 of 5 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1427 posts

Re: PlayStation troubles

Jun 13, 2011

Copy your game saves to a thumb drive, then do the "restore" function which I think wipes everything and goes back to factory default.

0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Jun 13, 2011

ve beeen trying to add funds to my psn account and it says cannot add funds have any advice

Message 3 of 5 (22 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jun 14, 2011

Tried that.  It works so much better now, except that it will not connect with the PS Store.  It goes to a black screen that says that the system software is not working right.

Message 4 of 5 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1427 posts

Jun 15, 2011

Did you do the "optional" 3.65 OS install? Were you trying to access it via the XMB or inside og Home?

We have occasionally seen issues like this and in some cases, if the person waits a day or so, it CAN seem to correct itself.

0 Likes