Sackboy
605 posts

Re: PlayStation Vita’s Operating System May Compete with Apple’s iOS

Feb 20, 2012

your talking in circles and I have to go to work soon so I cant keep repeating this. Your just not going to get it. Most gamers I know own or at least do want to own more than one console. but the idea of having a ps3 in your pocket will effect home console sales. Its not tech its business, thats why the thing was made, that was the goal behind giving it all the features of a home console on the go amd if you believe otherwise then your an idiot.

with that my peace is said, please refrain from reapeating your opinion again, we get it, you find home consoles better than handhelds, good for you sir

Twitch Channel
Message 51 of 64 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
415 posts

Feb 20, 2012

lol if you expect your Vita to be a PS3 then go right ahead and be dissapointed. You should expect the PS Vita to be a PS Vita, not a PS3. Just like an iPad is not a Mac and will not do everything a Mac can do. But it excels in what it's SUPPOSED to do. Vita is not supposed to replace the PS3, and it won't replace the PS3. People buy PS Vita because it's a great portable, not because it's a home console. I hope you realized the whole PS3 in your pocket thing was a metaphor.

Again if you knew anything about marketing, you would realize Sony wouldn't want to canabalize their own sales. And the PSP had no effect on PS2 sales either.

Photobucket
Message 52 of 64 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
605 posts

Feb 20, 2012

oK wow just wow, you totally misread everything i said in that last post. Sony doesnt care if you buy a vita or a ps3, they get the money and the sale either way so if you only have enough money to buy ONE gaming unit (console or otherwise) then sony has 2 to offer compared to microsofts one. Id say they have better odds at the sale there

Ya know what, no no no im not going to do this again, I dont have the time or the energy anymore to esxplain to you how simple marketing works. Im just going to say you win

yep your smarter, sexier, cooler, and know more about all things gaming and marketing than anyone else online. Thats why you post in a forum instead of run your own company, cause you sir are just that AWESOME. Im seriously done here, type about how wrong everything i said is until your fingers bleed idk im done

Twitch Channel
Message 53 of 64 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
87 posts

Feb 20, 2012

ppi would be less on the ps vita since it has a larger screen, the iphone has a 3.2 inch screen and the ps vita has a 5 inch screen. For example, the ipad 2 has a 9.7 screen but only has 132 ppi.  If you wanna compare phones , the Sony xperia S has 4.3 in screen 720x1280 and 342 ppi. If I want a good phone, I would prolly grab an iphone. If I want a great handheld gaming device, the ps vita is my 1st choice

Message 54 of 64 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
415 posts

Feb 20, 2012

That's just the cheesiest way to say you have nothing else to say. I'm just throwing in facts.

More importantly, to end this debate you throw insults. You're also taking this more serious than most. I take it back, it's not cheesy, it's childish.

Photobucket
Message 55 of 64 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
415 posts

Feb 20, 2012

And that's how this should be looked at. PS Vita is not a phone, and phones cannot do what the Vita can do, so why would anyone compare the two? I agree with what you said.

Photobucket
Message 56 of 64 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
217 posts

Feb 20, 2012

A phone is a phone, a dedicated gaming console is a gaming console. like apples and oranges. Simple as that.

I like to think of PS Vita as a unique gaming handheld, there. =)

Message 57 of 64 (12 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13655 posts

Feb 20, 2012

Yeesh, just stick to the point....

The Vita is the Vita. End of story.

The reason it is compared to PS3 is because

1. The initial looks at it had PS3-quality-esque graphics on it, so people overhyped it being a miniature PS3

2. It's also made by Sony. And similar titles are on both systems.

The reason it is compared to smartphones is because

1. They share many of the same features (Touchscreen, music player, browser, 3G/GPS, apps)

2. They're about the same price point.

The Vita is just another dedicated gaming device, with a couple extras. There's not much to compare it to, so they do what they can (And they can't really compare against the 3DS, two different target audiences, and much different hardware).

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 58 of 64 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
129 posts

Feb 20, 2012

OKAY EVERYONE STOP SAYING APPLES AND ORANGES...  that is not something to use to settle a comparison about THEY ARE BOTH FRUIT...

Message 59 of 64 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
129 posts

Feb 20, 2012

Yes and comparing it to a 3ds is like comparing a POWER WHEELS to an actual CAR

Message 60 of 64 (12 Views)
0 Likes