Lombax Warrior
129 posts

Re: PlayStation Vita’s Operating System May Compete with Apple’s iOS

Feb 20, 2012

actually it is being compared to it because the system is a portable that has power that can give you the same experience of a full power current generation console without having to be hooked up to a tv that is why they were comparing them not so people can start a fan boy war over consoles and handhelds... its like comparing a ps2 to a psp they did it and it was pretty good comparing it to a ps2 because at the time the graphics of a ps2 were pretty good and psp were right there with them same goes for the psp... to get a hand held system or device with the power of an xbox 360 or ps3 or even close to it you would have to pay well over 800 dollars for a laptop or tablet that can bairly hold the power of a ps vita and the ps vita is only 249 and is right up there with the big dogs of the console era!

Message 41 of 64 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
415 posts

Feb 20, 2012

They are not competition, handheld market is different than the console market. And I'm sure the quality of console games are much higher than handheld games, because console games are ported downward to handhelds and not the other way around. And another flawed statement that you said is that even if you hooked it up to a TV, 960x544 is inferior to 1920x1080. It would look like crap compared to the 360.

Photobucket
Message 42 of 64 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
415 posts

Feb 20, 2012

Major flaw here: Tablets are sold at a big profit. Vita is sold at a loss. Which provides you with your price difference.

Photobucket
Message 43 of 64 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
605 posts

Feb 20, 2012

hbkboy wrote:

They are not competition, handheld market is different than the console market. And I'm sure the quality of console games are much higher than handheld games, because console games are ported downward to handhelds and not the other way around. And another flawed statement that you said is that even if you hooked it up to a TV, 960x544 is inferior to 1920x1080. It would look like crap compared to the 360.

Your a moron, I worked at gamestop and I shop for games like everyone else. If a ps3 owner has enough money to buy either an xbox or a vita (but not both) how is that NOT in competition!? I wanted a 360 til I saw the vita, thanks to the Vita xbox lost a sale, sounds like economics 101 to me

Im not talking about the tech or size of the screen, Im talking about marketing and like it or not the handheld market IS competition to the console market. Its just a different kind of a competition but competition nonetheless

Twitch Channel
Message 44 of 64 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
415 posts

Feb 20, 2012

I'm sure if I wanted to buy a home console, I would have bought the xbox. (More likely the PS3.)

And gamestop workers are very much disliked. So no need for disrespect? This conversation is over.

Photobucket
Message 45 of 64 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
129 posts

Feb 20, 2012

THANK YOU!!! Exactly what I have been trying to put out there if you have a device that is like an ipod or Iphone, with the power that is very close if not right up there with the console and you dont have to be stuck in a room or even a house i think i know what my choice would be, because i already got one!!!

PS VITA!!! FIRST EDITION BUNDLE... AND P.S. THANKS GAMESTOP!!!!!!

Message 46 of 64 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
605 posts

Feb 20, 2012

xander8869 wrote:

THANK YOU!!! Exactly what I have been trying to put out there if you have a device that is like an ipod or Iphone, with the power that is very close if not right up there with the console and you dont have to be stuck in a room or even a house i think i know what my choice would be, because i already got one!!!

PS VITA!!! FIRST EDITION BUNDLE... AND P.S. THANKS GAMESTOP!!!!!!

Doesnt sound like gamestop employees are disliked here lol I USED to be one, I only mention it because I have seen consoles loose sales to protables all the time. The DS launch did it, then the 3DS launch did it amd now the VIta launch will. and the gaming companies KNOW this. Thats why they bother to compete for that market along side the big console market, they go hand in hand, like peanut butter and jelly

but your right conversation IS over, because your a PS3 fanboy who just hates the xbox so much you dont even want to see it mentioned on your precious playstation forum. Its nothing to do with gaming at all its got to do with your childish fanboy attitude. Grow up dude, the gaming companies laugh at your loyalty all the way to the bank lol

so your right, conversation over

Twitch Channel
Message 47 of 64 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
415 posts

Feb 20, 2012

I'm a fanboi now? Really now? How do you make that accusation from me saying the Vita cannot be compared to 360? If you could read, I clearly made my point that the Xbox is more powerful. And the Xbox should be compared with the PS3 instead. You truly are an idiot, and clearly makes sense to your statement that you were hired at Gamestop.

Truth is, if I like handhelds more than consoles, I would freaking buy the Vita rather than PS3. If I like consoles more, I would get the PS3. Take Japan for example, do you not see how much better the PS3 was selling than the Vita? PSP outsold it for christ's sake. Why else do you see people complaining about the price point? It is way too close to the price of the home console and most people would rather buy the PS3 and if they don't already have a home console they would most likely get the PS3. Do us all a favor, do not get a job in marketing/advertising.

Photobucket
Message 48 of 64 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
605 posts

Feb 20, 2012

you went out of your way to point out that you wouldnt buy an xbox you would buy a ps3 if you wanted a console

only point I aimed to make still stands, ask around 99% of people who bought a vita also own a console, like having a car and a gps, You can get one without the other but one wouldnt exsist without the other.

I also love how when I worked at gamestop those same guys making fun of us for working there would take the job if you offered it to them lol

The xbox vs ps3 has done a million times by now, vita is new so of course people are comparing to consolse instead of handelds for the simple that it is the first handheld that can compare to a home console and all your nit picking about what size it is and blah blah is what makes you sound like a fanboy

I find the comparing of it to ANY console big or small to be a welcome one and a great topic for discussion, its a forum just quit whinning and let people enjoy the debate man

Twitch Channel
Message 49 of 64 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
415 posts

Feb 20, 2012

It's called preference. Not fanboyism. And you missed the point as well, I'm not saying they can't debate it, my original implied statement was that it's a silly comparison. And if anyone who thought a Vita could outdo a 360 has not done any research.

And I'm sure in today's world, anyone would take a job. Especially if they're young. Consoles most likely will not lose sales to the Vita, not how it's currently priced. If they have a console already, then that is not a lost sale because they weren't going to buy a second system anyways. However there is always consumers who will think "Hmm Xbox is cheaper than the Vita" or "PS3 is the same price as the Vita" and they will take home the home console. It makes complete sense.

Also, whining and debating is totally different.

Photobucket
Message 50 of 64 (4 Views)
0 Likes