Treasure Hunter
6439 posts

Re: PlayStation Vita’s Operating System May Compete with Apple’s iOS

Feb 20, 2012

I've seen people on this forum comparing the Vita to the Xbox 360. Doesn't mean they are intelligent.

Check out my PlayStation dedicated blog, PlayStation Persuasion! playstationpersuasion.tumblr.com

PSN: ScreamAimFire999
Message 31 of 64 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
415 posts

Feb 20, 2012

lol i've seen it, and laughed.

Photobucket
Message 32 of 64 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
129 posts

Feb 20, 2012

the vita could be compared to the xbox 360 but it doesnt mean that they are trying to say the vita is better they are trying to show that the vita has very close to the same abilities as an xbox 360 so the power of the vita should not be underestimated just by the size, and by what is currently available for it...

Message 33 of 64 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
415 posts

Feb 20, 2012

You're missing the point, mobile handhelds and consoles cannot be compared at all. If anyone is saying the Vita is more powerful than the PS3 or the 360 seriously has not done any research.

Photobucket
Message 34 of 64 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
605 posts

Feb 20, 2012

hbkboy wrote:

You're missing the point, mobile handhelds and consoles cannot be compared at all. If anyone is saying the Vita is more powerful than the PS3 or the 360 seriously has not done any research.

I dont see why two gaming consoles cant be compared simply because one is handheld and one is not :-/

Thats like shopping for a vehicle and saying you can't compare the cars to the trucks

Twitch Channel
Message 35 of 64 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
129 posts

Feb 20, 2012

READ AGAIN i said they ARE NOT comparing the power vs ps3 and 360 they are comparing them to the point that says the ps vita is not to be under estimated... the ps vita a 4 cores where the xbox 360 has 3 and the xbox 360 has 512 megs of ram the vita does too its not trying to say the ps vita is better but in comparison its very close to the same power as an xbox 360 and ps3 so it can have games just as good as the xbox 360 or ps3 on it just because it hasnt been released with a game that can be compared to them doesnt mean its never going to... that is all that is being said!!!

Message 36 of 64 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
605 posts

Feb 20, 2012

xander8869 wrote:

READ AGAIN i said they ARE NOT comparing the power vs ps3 and 360 they are comparing them to the point that says the ps vita is not to be under estimated... the ps vita a 4 cores where the xbox 360 has 3 and the xbox 360 has 512 megs of ram the vita does too its not trying to say the ps vita is better but in comparison its very close to the same power as an xbox 360 and ps3 so it can have games just as good as the xbox 360 or ps3 on it just because it hasnt been released with a game that can be compared to them doesnt mean its never going to... that is all that is being said!!!

whoa calm down with the nerd rage.

I meant in general why cant you compare the two, i understand thats not what this thread is about but since it was brought up thought I would ask. I personally find comparing it to apple ios to be stupid but that seems to be ok.

I get the topic, just dont get why people get upset when this handheld is compared to a console, both do the same thing. PLAY VIDEO GAMES, primary function here, it makes sense. Comparing it to iOS just because they both use a similar Icon based interface is stupid

Twitch Channel
Message 37 of 64 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
415 posts

Feb 20, 2012

Because the Vita cannot connect itself to a TV and play at a 1080p resolution. It lacks the hardware and power, not only that, it wasn't MEANT to do everything the xbox does. Sure you can compare the PS3 to the 360, but why would you compare a Vita to a 360? Would you compare a rock to a mountain? Or a water bottle to the ocean?

Photobucket
Message 38 of 64 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6439 posts

Feb 20, 2012

Yeah exactly.

Check out my PlayStation dedicated blog, PlayStation Persuasion! playstationpersuasion.tumblr.com

PSN: ScreamAimFire999
Message 39 of 64 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
605 posts

Feb 20, 2012

why compare it to a Iphone, it doesnt make phone calls lol

and you can hook it up to your TV, some guy on youtube did it. You sould be comparing the quality of its games not the size of the screen it outputs to. After all both are GAMING CONSOLES not video players. Its what the system can handle in terms of games and from that point of view (the logical one) it makes sense to compare them. Because as far as microsoft and sonys marketing depts are concerned they are competition, handheld or not.

Twitch Channel
Message 40 of 64 (4 Views)
0 Likes