Hekseville Citizen
415 posts

Re: PlayStation Vita’s Operating System May Compete with Apple’s iOS

Feb 20, 2012

I don't like seeing comparisons with operating systems, Vita OS, iOS, and Android are all different and are better in their own ways. The most similar of the three are Android and iOS, but each Android operating system is usually customized by the manufacturer like Samsung and LG for example. Android market and Appstore are similar while PSN is nothing like either of the two. The Vita OS is still underdeveloped as well, and has a lot more restrictions than the other two operating systems because the software is expensive.

Until the Playstation Suite is open to the Vita and we see a lot of utility apps, small games, and more accessability, comparisons between Vita OS and iOS should not be valid. As of now, iOS is better.

I am not a Apple fanboi either, I strongly like Android better.

Photobucket
Message 21 of 64 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
129 posts

Feb 20, 2012

well i was wrong about the ipod touch chip set, but i think that the ipad has the a9 im really not sure but i know that the ipad was created specifically with gaming in mind it wasnt just designed for only music and videos, just like the android device acer iconia tablet with a dual core cpu... but anyways angry birds may end up on the ps vita, and its not really the system that is on trail here it is the operating system that is up for topic... if the ps vita operating system was on an ipod or ipad and the apple ios was on ps vita the vita operating system is pretty close and would probabbly function similar if not better than the ipod or IOS would ... at least that is what i took from this discussion???

Message 22 of 64 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
129 posts

Feb 20, 2012

okay good point the (not apple fan boi) but the possibility of apps as you have mentioned above is very close because sony announced that there are developer kits going out soon... and the ps vita operating system is like you said a new system and will probabbly have alot of upgrades... but the ipod touch started out as a mp3 player the ps vita is geared towards gaming so maybe in the time frame that the ios has had in the past few years the ps vita a few years from now may have double or triple the ipods apps and maybe not we will see but as of right now its a great system that could "IN THE FUTURE" or even near future compare to the Ipod Operating System...

Message 23 of 64 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
373 posts

Feb 20, 2012

xander8869 wrote:

well i was wrong about the ipod touch chip set, but i think that the ipad has the a9 im really not sure but i know that the ipad was created specifically with gaming in mind it wasnt just designed for only music and videos, just like the android device acer iconia tablet with a dual core cpu... but anyways angry birds may end up on the ps vita, and its not really the system that is on trail here it is the operating system that is up for topic... if the ps vita operating system was on an ipod or ipad and the apple ios was on ps vita the vita operating system is pretty close and would probabbly function similar if not better than the ipod or IOS would ... at least that is what i took from this discussion???

Yes, the iPad 2 uses a dual-core A5 chip, a derivative of the ARM Cortex-A9 chip.

But it still wasn't "designed" for gaming. It was designed as a multi-use tablet It's main function is consumption of online media, web sites, youtube and other videos, music, eBooks, etc.

If it were designed for gaming it...well...it would have buttons.

EDIT: The OSs are close in appearance, but iOS is far more robust as it is designed for apps to be added to it with ease. I'm not going to say that the Vita OS is not easy to add on to, but I doubt Sony will allow third party apps like Apple does now.

Message 24 of 64 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
129 posts

Feb 20, 2012

Okay maybe it was designe with gaming in mind but the ps vita was designed for all the same stuff online media, web sites, youtube and other videos, music, netflix, and maybe ebooks some time in the future it hasnt been released yet in america, and like above its a new technology so it could have more than we could imagine in store... i have used it this entire time to post these comments on here and have downloaded movies, and music and its touch screen and i dont have to touch the screen to play games which i say that is a huge step up from the ipod where my fingers are in the way and the only time i have to touch the screen on the ps vita is when i need to type or click an app just like the ipod or ipad i think the ps vita has a very good chance "IF THE APP STORE WILL HAVE THE UTILITY AND OTHER APPS LIKE THE IPOD AND IPAD" the vita has a very good chance to best it not only for gaming but for other things too...

Message 25 of 64 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
415 posts

Feb 20, 2012

I'll believe it when I see it, Sony needs to just let the creative minds loose and watch the benefits. VLC media player on my Vita would be the best thing ever.

Photobucket
Message 26 of 64 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6439 posts

Feb 20, 2012

iOS products were NOT designed for games. PlayStation Vita is. Vita is a gaming maching first. iOS products aren't. These two shouldn't be compared.

Check out my PlayStation dedicated blog, PlayStation Persuasion! playstationpersuasion.tumblr.com

PSN: ScreamAimFire999
Message 27 of 64 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
129 posts

Feb 20, 2012

why not when everyone compares pc's to gaming consoles and tablets to pcs why not compare mobile devices, its like trying to compare a black berry to an iphone no one sees a problem in that but the ipod is made to support games and the black berrys are not but they have some games apps and other things??? just because people know that the ipod or ipad is an inferior model makes them not want to compare them... when it was a psp people compared ipod to psps and no one had a problem then!

Message 28 of 64 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
415 posts

Feb 20, 2012

Because people who do that don't have an understanding of differences between apples and oranges.

Photobucket
Message 29 of 64 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
129 posts

Feb 20, 2012

Yes I know. The thing is that when people see they are beaten they decide to finally pull something out of their sleeve to try and protect themselves from being defeated and just take it like it is... the psp was inferior to the ipad and ipod by far but the ps vita will step above and people know that and this is exactly why they say that the ipad is a media device and not a gaming device because it makes things seem unfair but when people compared ipod or ipad to anything else it was okay by them because they knew they were winning!!! HAHAHA

Message 30 of 64 (8 Views)
0 Likes