Nov 07 2012
By: InfinityDevil I Only Post Everything 1006 posts

PlayStation Vita Punch List: what needs improving.

14 replies 268 views Edited Nov 7, 2012

Comments welcome on my writeup of what the Vita needs to be competitive.  What do you think?  Did I miss anything?

PSNProfiles.com - InfinityDevil
Message 1 of 15 (268 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2362 posts

Re: PlayStation Vita Punch List: what needs improving.

[ Edited ]
Nov 7, 2012

Content, advertising, memory cards prices need to drop a lot. All those things you listed won't help, this is a gaming device people already have tablets, phones that do everything else, content is key.

Message 2 of 15 (262 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 7, 2012

I'd say cheaper memory sticks and more screenshots/videos on the PS Store.

Message 3 of 15 (240 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2609 posts

Nov 7, 2012

What the Vita needs to be successful is better marketing and cheaper memory cards.

Deadly Neurotoxin!
 photo rsz_1rsz_11rsz_1000px-fpsword_zps44b9ca31.png
Message 4 of 15 (225 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2922 posts

Nov 7, 2012

What I think the Vita needs for improving is to add "smartphone/tablet" features.

Sad indeed.

Metallica Pinball Sig photo LONG-LIVE-PLAY-METALLICA-PINBALL_zps397a82cb.jpg
Gameplay -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzxc59Y6GcA
Message 5 of 15 (220 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1041 posts

Nov 7, 2012

What the Vita needs is for people to become smart and not need to be fed a commercial just to have any concept of what they actually purchase.

I know what I bought. I know why Sony made significant changes and I know why the memory cards are expensive, none of which change how I view the system, the most advance handheld to date.

Most people don't understand the technical aspects of any of it, they just ask for price cuts which is completely unfair. If you aren't willing to undestand why these changes were needed then don't beg Sony to understand why you want a price cut on everything.

This is not directed towards any of you, I am just simply speaking about the general public. Like I have said a million times if Android and IOS devices didn't exist the Vita wouldn't be lacking in sales but when we live in a age where everything practically tries to do the same thing it will only cause significant conflict especially with sales throughout all electronics not just the Vita.

Even PC is being kicked to the curb with Windows 8, trying to move people to tablets. I mean Windows 8 is a perfect example of how bad things have gotten, it is a direct rip off of their smart phone OS applied to a computer which is insulting.

There are just too many devices that all do about the same thing and people don't care to invest in gaming systems like they used to because they have already spent a large amount on some smart phone or a tablet that they feel can do the same thing, which it can't but people aren't smart enough to truly look into the technical matters of it all or the hardware aspects.

Message 6 of 15 (219 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1102 posts

Nov 7, 2012

I agree with BulletPainPills. I just don't see enough advertising for the Vita. The marketing team really needs to step up their game. Also cheaper memory cards would be great as well. Right now i have 32GB of memory in my Vita and it still isn't enough. If prices go down maybe memory cards with greater storage capacity  can be made available to the consumer, but since prices are fairly high, in no way do I expect anyone to shell out close to $200 for a 64GB memory card.

Message 7 of 15 (217 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6439 posts

Nov 7, 2012
Marketing, games, and apps. All Vita needs to be successful.
Check out my PlayStation dedicated blog, PlayStation Persuasion! playstationpersuasion.tumblr.com

PSN: ScreamAimFire999
Message 8 of 15 (202 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1020 posts

Nov 7, 2012
They are advertising but i'm sure its hitting the right audience. I happen to love college football. Not sure that all gamers feel the same and I see Vita sponsoring college game day on ESPN every Saturday
Message 9 of 15 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2090 posts

Nov 8, 2012

timlsteele wrote:
They are advertising but i'm sure its hitting the right audience. I happen to love college football. Not sure that all gamers feel the same and I see Vita sponsoring college game day on ESPN every Saturday

maybe but they need to stop the youtube advertisements or at least make it so thoughs videos you can't skip. every time they pop up you can skip them. (I do not think the youtube advertisements are helping ps vita sales any.)

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2012/07/21/option-to-buy-avatars-on-my-playstation-vita/
Message 10 of 15 (153 Views)
0 Likes