Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
I Only Post Everything
1006 posts

Re: PlayStation Vita Punch List: what needs improving.

[ Edited ]
Nov 8, 2012

Good conversation so far, keep it coming.

As for adding tablet and phone features like I describe in the article, let me put it this way:

The PS Vita is the best gaming tablet there is because of the buttons, dual sticks, and other controls available.  Games can just go with a touch screen and be a success (e.g. SunFlowers, and I think Smart As is entirely touch screen and back-touch), or they can go for a tighter control experience and use sticks and other buttons.

Also, you want to make your product as "sticky" as possible.  Make it so good at what you're trying to do with it (communications, community, etc) that people will reach for it first and be more likely to carry it with them.  Give them fewer excuses to reach for something else.

It goes without saying that good marketing and games are key.  But what other apps do you want to see on it?

PSNProfiles.com - InfinityDevil
Message 11 of 15 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2090 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 8, 2012

lets talk about your blog post InfinityDevil. You want to stay connected get the 3g ps vita. About the app's you listed Sony has no control over what the app developer wants to put on the device or not.

You want better apps contact app developers.  There is this thing called Playstation Mobile so no more excuses. (playstation mobile sdk should be live now or later this month.) Click the refresh button on messages there done faster then every 5 mins.  You do know the blue light on the ps vita's home/p button does blink when you get a message.(It does look like Sony now has a option for you to have it blink or not depending on the settings.)

Thats all im going to say on this matter.

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2012/07/21/option-to-buy-avatars-on-my-playstation-vita/
Message 12 of 15 (70 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
32 posts

Nov 8, 2012
  • More advertisement on TV because i see more 3DS (now the Wii U) ads on TV than any other console.
  • More Game Bundles would be helpful.
  • Cheaper Memory Cards
  • More or better feature you can do with the cameras
  • Have all PlayStation network games/apps and other products allowed worldwide.
  • Try and get some commercials on TV that targets kids and not just Adult or Teens 
  • Attempt to Import some Ps2 games to the store
  • Have a orange light flash for new message instead of blue cause to be honest not many people will notice blue light flashing due to it flashing for many other reasons.
  • Next Big firmware update be able to change the entire color of the layout for some people may be color blind
  • Last and not least add a automatic reporting  software which won't tell the user it reported to Sony that  the user or someone trying to crack the Vita Kernel to use it for Free Pirated games which would cost the Sony to lose money and if that software fails always include the self destruct command which wipes the thing out completely
Message 13 of 15 (59 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
344 posts

Nov 9, 2012

Viewtiful_Josh wrote:

What I think the Vita needs for improving is to add "smartphone/tablet" features.

Sad indeed.

^ this

Message 14 of 15 (48 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1022 posts

Nov 9, 2012

I agree with most points in your blog post.  Some I don't have an opinion on, like Google+, simply because I don't care about Google+.  I've also been saying for a while that the Vita needs a Community Forums App, as well as a PS Blog App, because both of those sites look like garbage on the Vita.  I'd love to keep up with both on the Vita, but I won't through the browser because I don't hate myself enough to put myself through that.

I also REALLY agree about the Power Management issue.  Like with Laptops, there should be a "Plugged In" and an "Unplugged" version of any "Power Management" setting. I currently do not have my Vita and it's at least partially because of this; about half the time the system goes to sleep while in a game or App, the rear touch pad stops working when I try and play again. I had to completely turn the system off and on again to get the rear touch pad to work.  (Man I hope they fixed that and didn't just rubber stamp it so to speak)

I really can't wait to get my Vita back...  Expected delivery day is Monday.  I miss LBPV...

Message 15 of 15 (36 Views)
0 Likes