May 10 2012
By: gold5225 Sackboy 599 posts

PlayStation Vita Media Management

3 replies 12 views Edited May 10, 2012

Does anyone know why Sony, isn't using Media Go for managing games and digital content on the Vita, the same way they used it for the PSP. I really miss the integration with the PlayStation Store especially, it was nice to be able to download games and movies, at a faster speed with my computer courtesy of ethernet rather than waiting for my slow Wi-Fi connection with the Vita, and my PSP. 

Message 1 of 4 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5189 posts

Re: PlayStation Vita Media Management

May 10, 2012

gold5225 wrote:

Does anyone know why Sony, isn't using Media Go for managing games and digital content on the Vita, the same way they used it for the PSP. I really miss the integration with the PlayStation Store especially, it was nice to be able to download games and movies, at a faster speed with my computer courtesy of ethernet rather than waiting for my slow Wi-Fi connection with the Vita, and my PSP. 

They are trying to limit the ways in which hackers could break into the system.

Message 2 of 4 (12 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

May 10, 2012

thats easy because they made the Playstation store stand alone program on it's own very nice also

but I have to say the PSP manager was pain sometimes when it didn't want to work.

Message 3 of 4 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
599 posts

May 11, 2012

Hmm I guess that makes sense, but it's also a bit lame wouldn't you agree. It'd be cool if they let you plug in your vita, and allow it to tether and verify the newest update version so that you could download faster with a wired connection still, even though it sounds like kind of a pain I would definitely do that!

Message 4 of 4 (12 Views)
0 Likes