Treasure Hunter
8176 posts

Re: PlayStation Vita Games To Cost $39.99?

Nov 3, 2011

Incagneto wrote:

@Doppelgangergang  what if they mailed you the manual with the downloaded game?  like if they had it so you buy the game Digitally it comes with a code or something you can mail to the dev and they send you the game manual free. like how there is a game manual in each game that you buy physically.

sure they will not do that , but that surely is something I would support. call me crazy , but I do not like downloaded manuals.

While having the manual, cover art and the case is nice, I actually wanted the game cartridge itself.

Also, buying new also supports the dev.

Message 11 of 17 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2090 posts

Nov 4, 2011

@Doppelgangergang  well buying a download copy always supports the dev. It was just a question really. I'm sure that physically it will cost the same as a new psp game, because in japan new ps vita games cost the same as new psp games. also if the same pricing idea comes over sea's then buying the download copy will be cheaper then buying the physical copy.

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2012/07/21/option-to-buy-avatars-on-my-playstation-vita/
Message 12 of 17 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8176 posts

Nov 4, 2011

Incagneto wrote:

It was just a question really.

The thing is, with Digital Distribution, you don't have to mold plastic cases, print manuals and manufacture game cards into a finished product. And, of course, you don't need to transport or distribute the said product loaded in cargo ships and truck them to stores all over the country, at which point your local retailer marks them up. By logic, cutting out the shipping, distribution, retail markup and even manufacturing would definitely definitively should reduce the cost of the product considerably.

And not to mention, it takes up space on your expensive Vita memory cards.

Message 13 of 17 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5189 posts

Nov 4, 2011

Doppelgangergang wrote:

The thing is, with Digital Distribution, you don't have to mold plastic cases, print manuals and manufacture game cards into a finished product. And, of course, you don't need to transport or distribute the said product loaded in cargo ships and truck them to stores all over the country, at which point your local retailer marks them up. By logic, cutting out the shipping, distribution, retail markup and even manufacturing would definitely definitively should reduce the cost of the product considerably.

And not to mention, it takes up space on your expensive Vita memory cards.

-Doppel D.

Yes that is the theory but it has not happened that way with PSP releases.

Message 14 of 17 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5189 posts

Nov 4, 2011

Incagneto wrote:

@Doppelgangergang  what if they mailed you the manual with the downloaded game?  like if they had it so you buy the game Digitally it comes with a code or something you can mail to the dev and they send you the game manual free. like how there is a game manual in each game that you buy physically.

sure they will not do that , but that surely is something I would support. call me crazy , but I do not like downloaded manuals.

Most downloadable games come with a downloaded manual as well (except miniS).

Message 15 of 17 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
758 posts

Nov 4, 2011

Agreed,  39.99 is about my limit.  EHHHHHH unless it was Skyrim. 

Message 16 of 17 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Nov 5, 2011

$39.99 is the perfect price

Message 17 of 17 (3 Views)
0 Likes