Aug 16 2013
By: mochuuu PlayStation Community Manager 1453 posts

PlayStation Store PLAY 2013 - What Are Your Thoughts?

[ Edited ]
22 replies 751 views Edited Aug 16, 2013

Hey everyone, 

The PlayStation Store team is curious to get your feedback on this year's PlayStation Store PLAY 2013 event. If you need a refresher, here's the condensed version: 

Announcement: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/07/15/playstation-store-play-4-new-games-for-summer/

PS Store PLAY 2013

Step 1: Take the super short survey by clicking HERE. 

Step 2: Drop your thoughts in this thread. Try to be as specific as possible. What did you like? What were your favorite games? What would you want to see done differently? Thoughts on the pre-order stuff and the associated PS Plus discounts. Thoughts on the rewards? THOUGHTS!  :smileywink: 

Thanks and appreciate your feedback! 

- morgan haro, SCEA PlayStation Community Management Team
@morganharo

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 23 (751 Views)
First Son
8 posts

Re: PlayStation Store PLAY 2013 - What Are Your Thoughts?

Aug 16, 2013
I enjoyed the games presented this year. I bought them all and look forward to my $10 cash back.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 23 (640 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
10494 posts

Aug 16, 2013

One thought is to have demos of the games before they release on the store. That way you can actually know what an item is like before you make a blind purchase.

The only demo from this year's selection so far has been from Ibb and Obb. I liked the demo, but since it came out after the pre-sale was already over I didn't bother buying the game.

Having money back on game purchases is nice and all, but not all that effective when you put the totals together. You're not spending more than you're saving. From what I remember, the pre-purchase reservations would permit you $8 for three of the games (originally priced at $10) while DuckTales nets you $12 (or $15 for the actual price). If you bought them all with Plus you get $10 back, but you're also spending $36 just to get $10 back from it. That isn't a fascinating offer from the way I look at it.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 23 (638 Views)
PlayStation MVP
45329 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 16, 2013

1) Survey Taken

2) I am not really interested in the 4 games that are part of this specific event.  For the small games I more prefer turned based or puzzle style games or games like Pixle Junk Monsters.   I grew up gaming in the 80's, basically all we had were side scrollers :smileytongue:

As far as pre-orders on the PSN I'm more of a "physical disc that I can resell if I hate the game" type of gamer.  However, if the PSN had a good demo of a game and offered the same game for pre-order I may consider it, I'd just hate to pre-order a digital copy, try it, then not like the game.   If I did that with The Last Of Us I would not have been happy as I had no urge to continue playing once I beat it the first time, I got rid of it.  

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 23 (619 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13617 posts

Aug 16, 2013
Took the survey

Honestly, I wasn't really interested in any of the games. None of them really got me interested. Maybe having an RPG would be good.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 23 (602 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1644 posts

Aug 16, 2013

Survey taken. 

Echoing GrayGargoyle, it would have nice to have demos available when the preorders went up. 

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 23 (583 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
767 posts

Aug 16, 2013

Meh, not for me. Not interested in any of those games at all.

My gaming history - NES, PS1, PS2, GBA SP, NDS, PS3, WP8, Win 8 PC
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 23 (559 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
700 posts

Aug 16, 2013

Done.

I was slightly interested in Ducktales, but it wasn't enough for me to jump into it. I like the idea of 'money back bundles'  though.

Feel free to add/follow me on any service~
| Twitter | N4G |
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| PlayStation Network: Sarobi | Xbox Live: FXAA | Steam: Sarobi | Wii U: Sarobi |
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I use magic outside of Hogwarts.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 23 (543 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3308 posts

Aug 16, 2013

Survey Done! I bought all 4 of the PLAY titles this year and enjoy all of them. In the future though please stop giving a static theme with these games. Make it a Dynamic Theme or an avatar from the game or something please. Keep the Plus Discounts coming and keep the reward for buying multiple games PSN Cash. Don't make the reward a crappy add on for a game no one cares about like that other console did for their summer arcade games this year.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 23 (532 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1507 posts

Aug 16, 2013

Myself i did not buy any of those titles,However..I still feel it's a good deal and has to be alot of fun for those that do like them.I'm more of a big title guy myself..mostly...took the survey and just might give duck tails a try...lol...:smileyvery-happy:

Old Gamers Don't Die... They Re Spawn...
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 23 (505 Views)
0 Likes