Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 03 2012
By: Mercenary09 PlayStation MVP 3675 posts

PlayStation Plus Update: Return To Rapture Free in BioShock 2

[ Edited ]
30 replies 611 views Edited Dec 3, 2012

+ Posted by Morgan Haro // Community Manager, PlayStation Digital Platforms

It may be gift-giving season, but PlayStation Plus delivers gaming gifts all year round, and this week is no exception. While many of you might still be getting acquainted with the PS Vita Plus games, PS3 gamers can welcome BioShock 2 into their Instant Game Collection. Download it for free if you’re a Plus member when the PlayStation Store updates on Tuesday.

Don’t forget that the Music Unlimited offer is still on as well. You can pick up the 1 year subscription for only $12! If you have questions on the service, you may want to check out this handy FAQ. To take advantage of the offer, you’ll need to subscribe from your PS3 or PS Vita Plus enabled account.

Music Unlimited

Don’t have PlayStation Plus? Go to the PlayStation Store on your PS3 or PS Vita or click here to get access.

December 4th PlayStation Plus Update

BioShock 2 (PS3)
Free for Plus members
Years after the events of the original BioShock, a monster has begun snatching little girls and bringing them back to the undersea city of Rapture. Players step into the boots of the most iconic denizen of Rapture (and recent star of PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale), the Big Daddy, as they travel through the decrepit and beautiful fallen city, chasing an unseen foe in search of answers.
  Rockstar Games Collection Edition 1 (PS3)
10% off for PlayStation Plus members (Regular price: $59.99, PS Plus Price: $53.99)
An amazing value, this collection features Red Dead Redemption, Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City, L.A. Noire, and Midnight Club: Los Angeles Complete Edition. Plus members can enjoy a 10% discount on this new release to PSN.
    Puddle (PS3 and PS Vita Versions)
50% off for PlayStation Plus members (PS3 Plus Price: $3.50; PS Vita Plus Price: $2.80)
Experience a brilliantly designed physics-based puzzle/platform game where you must guide a puddle of fluid to its target destination, not by moving the fluid, but by tilting the game world. It’s a unique twist on the puzzle genre and both PS3 and PS Vita versions are 50% off. Please note, this game is not cross-buy or cross-play enabled; so choose the best version for you, or if you’re a big fan, buy both!

We hope you’ve enjoyed this week’s update. Tune in next week where we’ll have another fantastic title to keep you gaming with PlayStation Plus. Head to the PlayStation Plus forums to continue the conversation and find other Plus fans, and make sure you make your voice heard in the comments below. As always, thanks for your feedback and we’ll see you next week!

PlayStation Plus Update 12-3-2012PlayStation Plus Update 12-3-2012

Get PlayStation Plus

Message 1 of 31 (611 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11236 posts

Re: PlayStation Plus Update: Return To Rapture Free in BioShock 2

Dec 3, 2012

I've picked up BioShock 2 earlier on this year already, and then stopped playing it. It's not that it's a bad game, but like the first BioShock it's nothing special either. Also, the game became too complex (I was playing it on the hardest setting), and I was also busy playing other stuff too. Already busy with more current gaming selections, most likely I won't be returning to Rapture this Holiday season.

Message 2 of 31 (594 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
478 posts

Dec 3, 2012

The Rockstar bundle looks tempting since I haven't played three of the four titles and never had a chance to finish GTA 4.

Message 3 of 31 (552 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1334 posts

Dec 3, 2012
Really BioShock 2 that's it. Hey its a good game but I already beat the game.
Message 4 of 31 (507 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
4744 posts

Dec 3, 2012

I just started playing Bioshock 2 (on disc), which I got last Christmas.  It's pretty good so far, although I've been distracted by playing several games at once :smileytongue:.

I was a little surprised to see that the Rockstar collection just has GTA: Episodes from Liberty City and not GTA4 or the complete edition. Kind of goes for the other games as well.  I suppose they're hoping to sell additional DLC (or GTA4) to people who hadn't tried these games yet.  I have the 3 I was interested in, but it's a decent deal for someone who still wants at least 3 of the games.

Message 5 of 31 (482 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
990 posts

Dec 3, 2012

Already have this game!! Still a great game tho

Message 6 of 31 (469 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8695 posts

Dec 3, 2012
I will always remember my first experience in Rapture :smileyhappy:

Bioshock 2 was more of the same goodness, so I encourage everyone to download this game !!

~Fighting the Good Fight~
Message 7 of 31 (463 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
126 posts

Dec 3, 2012
5th December: Vanquish (PS3)

(( VS ))
US+
5th December: Bio Shock 2
Poor discounts (10 % )

No comment...I do not care anymore, I hope the remaining 2 months pass as fast as possible.

I subscribed to plus service to have fun, not to be disappointed and sad week after another.

Thanks for the service. It really worth more than 17.99$ in 3 months for sure,but it seems like the good free content for PS3 (ex. Infamous 2, RE 5) is OVER unlike EU+

When u have chance to solve the discrepancy problem between US+and EU+, please inform us here on the forum to re-subscribe again

Wish u all the best
Message 8 of 31 (443 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
232 posts

Dec 3, 2012

utter garbage AGAIN!

Just bought Bioshock 2 at Target for $3.

THREE DOLLARS, it's that wattered down of a game throughout retailers that they practically give out for free.

In Sony's case, F U!

Seriousaly, why would i download a game that costs only $3?!

I won't.

Is it possible to CANCEL my PLUS account and resume anytime i want? Say in 2 years when the PS4 actually becomes something worthwhile, unlike all of this PSN garbage?

Message 9 of 31 (431 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Dec 3, 2012

so we get bioshock 2 without the dlc and EU gets 2 games vanquish and batman i will not be returning

Message 10 of 31 (403 Views)
0 Likes