Dec 17 2010
By: ModernYorkster Sackboy 554 posts

PlayStation Plus Trial Version Trophy Question

7 replies 1087 views Edited Dec 17, 2010

Alright guys

So after having PlayStation Plus for awhile I've finally decided to download a trial version of Prototype. How do I remove the trophies from my trophy collection seeing as I don't plan on purchasing the game?

Message 1 of 8 (1,087 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2749 posts

Re: PlayStation Plus Trial Version Trophy Question

Dec 17, 2010

You cant once you earn a trophy you keep it forever.

Message 2 of 8 (1,087 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
554 posts

Dec 17, 2010

Even after playing the trial version?

Message 3 of 8 (1,087 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4223 posts

Dec 17, 2010
correct me if i'm wrong...but those trophies are uploaded to the servers? i thought you were able to earn the trophies but those are blocked until you buy the game
Message 4 of 8 (1,087 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
554 posts

Dec 17, 2010

So they don't unlock onto my system untill I purchase the game?

Message 5 of 8 (1,087 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
8918 posts

Dec 17, 2010

I believe you earn 'temporary' trophies in the trial versions, but they don't get synced with your PSN account until/unless you buy the game.

inFamous is the only trial I have played, but since I already own the disc version (I was considering buying the DD version and trading in/selling my disc version) and have platinumed it, I can't say for sure.  I did find out that the save files from both versions are compatible with each other, though (when I started the trial of the DD version, I started at the end of the good karma ending on Hard - exactly where I left off the last time I played the game when I earned my Platinum trophy).  I started a new game and played for the rest of the trial time.  Once it was up, I popped the disc in and picked up right where I had left off.

I downloaded the Prototype trial, but have not yet played it (I need to make sure I start it when I have the time to play the full hour).

Message 6 of 8 (1,087 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1941 posts

Dec 17, 2010

When you earn Trophies in a trial, they are stored locally on your PS3 until you either buy the full game (Either through the store OR buying it on disk).  You'll know they're only local trophies when they have the 'install bubble' around the trophy icon.  After that point you buy the game, they'll instantly turn into actual trophies.

At this point you can't get rid of them, and they are not sent to Sony (as far as I can tell anyway, as they never appear on opther PS3's I've synced).  You may be able to get rid of them by deleting your local account then recreating it, I havent tried this.

Message 7 of 8 (1,087 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Dec 17, 2010

I agree with your assessment.  Played the GOW trial and while I unlocked trophies, they were only local until I ended up purchasing the retail disc.  Once I did that, they synced to my account.

Message 8 of 8 (1,087 Views)
0 Likes