PlayStation MVP
5847 posts

Re: PlayStation Plus: October Preview

Sep 29, 2013
I just realized ._. Ps3 plus next year will probably be all the AAA games we bought this year.

Well.
 photo newforumsig_zps5ec69817.png
Message 41 of 126 (387 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
12457 posts

Sep 29, 2013

Golwar wrote:

Shinra_Soldier7 wrote:

I personally love this months line up. Best in a while. I really do not like the EU AAA games because they are all too popular and ones I usually buy anyways. I like getting games I may have missed like Kindoms of Amular and many others we have gotten over the past months. I do not own a vita personally but I would say that I think Vita could get better AAA games than they have been getting. Vita needs to get bigger full games for its users like LittleBigPlanet Vita, Resistance Burning Skies, Assassins Creed Liberation, or Sly Cooper Thieves in Time. Seems like vita owners would deserve some of them since they really have not GREAT games for the most part over the past few months.

Especially as the Vita generally has more an indie focusation, which suits the system very well. Hotline Miami is actually perfect for the IGC. 

Not to mention, The sequal is coming as well. perfect timing.

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 42 of 126 (377 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1916 posts

Sep 29, 2013

Shinra_Soldier7 wrote:

Golwar wrote:

Shinra_Soldier7 wrote:

I personally love this months line up. Best in a while. I really do not like the EU AAA games because they are all too popular and ones I usually buy anyways. I like getting games I may have missed like Kindoms of Amular and many others we have gotten over the past months. I do not own a vita personally but I would say that I think Vita could get better AAA games than they have been getting. Vita needs to get bigger full games for its users like LittleBigPlanet Vita, Resistance Burning Skies, Assassins Creed Liberation, or Sly Cooper Thieves in Time. Seems like vita owners would deserve some of them since they really have not GREAT games for the most part over the past few months.

Odd reasoning. You dislike Europe's Plus because it gets AAA titles and you want Plus to offer smaller titles. But you think that Vita would require AAA IGC titles? Doesn't really fit together.

Especially as the Vita generally has more an indie focusation, which suits the system very well. Hotline Miami is actually perfect for the IGC. Can't wait to see either that game or Guacamelee in Europe soon. 

Yes because EU AAA titles are more popular than the AAA we get over here. Like I said, I do not own a Vita so it does not affect me but Vita never gets any AAA titles at all it seems. I am not saying we should not get AAA titles. I am saying I like the AAA titles we have been getting than the more popular ones EU gets because I normally buy those games when they release. For example, AC3 and FC3 are pretty popular and huge hits that any bought. Kindoms of Amular is definitely one that many could have missed just like other games we have gotten like Sleeping Dogs and such. Hotline Maimi looks great, I can't wait to play it on the ps3 and know it will be great for the Vita as well. I am just saying that Vita needs more AAA games because it seems like they never get any. I want more AAA games over indie games but not ones that are overly popular. I just like getting the chance to try games I normally would not have bought in the first place. Vita just seems to get small, older games for the most part. Owner deserve at least a few more AAA games than what they get. Sorry if I did not state my point clearly enough. 

Agreed. I always find it odd when someone in the US complains about the EU getting a game like FC3 when any FC fan would have bought it already (it did sell over 6 million copies after all). Amalur, on the other hand, is an underrated game that many people probably avoided because its developer went under. It IS a AAA game, it's not like it's "just" an indie. I think PS+ IGC is at its best when it provides a hidden gem most people would otherwise have never bought/played (like when Spec Ops was IGC).

Message 43 of 126 (370 Views)
PlayStation MVP
765 posts

Sep 29, 2013

xClayMeow wrote:

Agreed. I always find it odd when someone in the US complains about the EU getting a game like FC3 when any FC fan would have bought it already (it did sell over 6 million copies after all). Amalur, on the other hand, is an underrated game that many people probably avoided because its developer went under. It IS a AAA game, it's not like it's "just" an indie. I think PS+ IGC is at its best when it provides a hidden gem most people would otherwise have never bought/played (like when Spec Ops was IGC).

I agree. Spec Ops was a very good hidden gem and I have found numerous gems whith our ps plus. I really have not had many games that NA has given free with plus but EU is a different story. Games like FC3, AC3, Batman Arkham City, etc are all games I bought pretty quickly as they are games I wanted due to playing the previous installments which were good imo. I would personally hate to have EU's lineup most months due to this. I have not tried Kindom of Amalur but it looks really good and am looking forward to trying it.  

Message 44 of 126 (361 Views)
Splicer
74 posts

Sep 29, 2013

Shinra_Soldier7 wrote:

Golwar wrote:

Shinra_Soldier7 wrote:

Odd reasoning. You dislike Europe's Plus because it gets AAA titles and you want Plus to offer smaller titles. But you think that Vita would require AAA IGC titles? Doesn't really fit together.

Especially as the Vita generally has more an indie focusation, which suits the system very well. Hotline Miami is actually perfect for the IGC. Can't wait to see either that game or Guacamelee in Europe soon. 

Yes because EU AAA titles are more popular than the AAA we get over here. Like I said, I do not own a Vita so it does not affect me but Vita never gets any AAA titles at all it seems. I am not saying we should not get AAA titles. I am saying I like the AAA titles we have been getting than the more popular ones EU gets because I normally buy those games when they release. For example, AC3 and FC3 are pretty popular and huge hits that any bought. Kindoms of Amular is definitely one that many could have missed just like other games we have gotten like Sleeping Dogs and such. Hotline Maimi looks great, I can't wait to play it on the ps3 and know it will be great for the Vita as well. I am just saying that Vita needs more AAA games because it seems like they never get any. I want more AAA games over indie games but not ones that are overly popular. I just like getting the chance to try games I normally would not have bought in the first place. Vita just seems to get small, older games for the most part. Owner deserve at least a few more AAA games than what they get. Sorry if I did not state my point clearly enough. 

I see. But I mostly disagree. The Vita is 1.5 years old, so games can't really be that old. Well besides the PSP games of course. :smileywink:

Real big selling AAA titles are rare enough on that system. With Uncharted GA, Gravity Rush, WipeOut and Rayman Origins the 4 most prominent games have already been part of the IGC. Resistance that you mentioned, is mediocre at best. LBP Vita was a freebie for most Vita purchases.

It's rather simple: The huge majority of Vita's highest rated games, are indies. See Metacritic. From the top 10 Vita games of 2013 there is only ONE that you could consider a AAA game (not really, but it's the closest thing): Rayman Legends

All other 9 are indies. And with LIMBO, Machinarium and Hotline Miami some of the best of those were covered by the IGC.

So if you think that Plus should share gems to the players, that most would otherwise often miss, that's exatly what Plus already achieves. A good example is the current weekend debate on the european blog. You'll see that probably the majority mentions indies as Velocity.

Message 45 of 126 (348 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1916 posts

Sep 30, 2013

Golwar wrote:

LBP Vita was a freebie for most Vita purchases.

Pretty sure that's incorrect. the LBP Vita System Bundle was EU only from what I remember. As I believe I posted earlier in this thread, I'd say LBP Vita is the most probable replacement for one of the three mainstays when they get cycled in November. Remember, this is a US/NA forum, not EU.

Message 46 of 126 (320 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
74 posts

Sep 30, 2013

xClayMeow wrote:

Golwar wrote:

Pretty sure that's incorrect. the LBP Vita System Bundle was EU only from what I remember. As I believe I posted earlier in this thread, I'd say LBP Vita is the most probable replacement for one of the three mainstays when they get cycled in November. Remember, this is a US/NA forum, not EU.

So far all year long IGC titles for EU and NA have been identical, be it for PS3 or PSV. With one exception, we had Motorstorm Pacific Rift in the first PS3 roster. Forgot what you guys had.

I don't see any reason why it should be different for the next set. And from official comments on the EU blog we know that PSASBR and LBPV are unlikely candidates.

Message 47 of 126 (317 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2065 posts

Sep 30, 2013

I want Reckoning, thinking about upgrading my hard drive so i can get it.

Atari, Nintendo, Sega Genesis, Nintendo 64, PS1, Sega Saturn, PS2, PSP, PS3, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo 3ds and PS4
Message 48 of 126 (310 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1916 posts

Sep 30, 2013

Golwar wrote:

xClayMeow wrote:

Golwar wrote:

So far all year long IGC titles for EU and NA have been identical, be it for PS3 or PSV. With one exception, we had Motorstorm Pacific Rift in the first PS3 roster. Forgot what you guys had.

I don't see any reason why it should be different for the next set. And from official comments on the EU blog we know that PSASBR and LBPV are unlikely candidates.

Uh, what?! NA & EU titles have differed greatly. For example, EU got MGS HD, LEGO LOTR and J&D Trilogy, NA did not. NA got Disgaea 3 and BlazBlue CSE, EU did not. I think that's it for the differences in AAA, but there are several differences in indie too.

Message 49 of 126 (307 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
74 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 30, 2013

Not my fault if you forget what the topic was, that you even raised yourself. You mentioned LBPV as a very likely next "mainstay", I called them "year long" part of the IGC.

Europe PS3 Year 1:

inFamous 2

LittleBigPlanet 2

Motorstorm Apocalypse

NA PS3 Year 1:

inFamous 2

LittleBigPlanet 2

Was it Ratchet and Clank All 4 One?

Europe & NA PS3 Year 2:

Uncharted 3 Drake’s Deception (Single Player)

LittleBigPlanet Karting

XCOM: Enemy Unknown

Europe & NA PSV Year 1:

Uncharted: Golden Abyss

Gravity Rush

So yep, it's exactly as I said. Absolutely identical in that part, with the one exception being Motorstorm / X.

Message 50 of 126 (278 Views)
0 Likes