Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 126 (353 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1670 posts

Re: PlayStation Plus: October Preview

Sep 28, 2013

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

This is an impressive and varied lineup - did anyone else notice that the Hotline: Miami is the crossbuy version?  SCORE.  If all goes to plan, I'll be getting a Vita sometime in October, right after I pay off my PS4, so, I have a ton of Vita games i am dying to play. 

I do own Shadow of the Colossus (got it during the summer sale), but am glad to see that so many people will be able to get their hands on it.

Nice! I have owned the Vita since the day it came out and yes there have been very disappointed times with games, but I always pull through and keep it. Make sure you grab a 16GB card or higher with a Playstation Plus subscription ( if you already do not have one ) and download Gravity Rush, WIpeout, and Uncharted. For other game suggestions I would recommend Unit 13, Killzone Mercenary, Soul Sacrifice, Rayman Legends/Orgins, LBPVita, MGS Collection,  and Need for Speed.

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 126 (353 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1670 posts

Sep 28, 2013

wycliff_12 wrote:

Another MEDIOCRE month. 

That is your opinion. To me it is a wonderful month.

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 126 (352 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1507 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 28, 2013

xClayMeow wrote:

xClayMeow wrote:
Slightly disappointed that it’s two indie titles for Vita, but at least they’re actually native Vita games and not PSP crap!

Actually, now that I think about it further, I'm shouldn't have been surprised that it's two indie titles this month, as the following month is November, the one-year anniversary of Vita entering IGC - which means a AAA refresh! Bye bye GR and Uncharted, hello ... ??

I'm thinking maybe LBP Vita and P4G, as those would be two of the top Vita games available. LBP Vita is probably a given with Tearaway coming, but maybe they'd think P4G is too niche to draw sales as a one-year mainstay.

I'm really hesitant to buy anything for the Vita right now, with having PS+.

I was thinking about picking up some Vita games with the "spend $50 get $10 back" deal going on, but am afraid something will go on sale, and though NFS: MW and AC3: L are at a low price point on the Vita right now, I'm afraid they might end up added to the IGC list in November, since they are at a low price now. Kind of like they did with Rayman: Origins. So I'm waiting to see what they decide to do for it in November. Which will be when I get my PS4. :smileysad:

Fortunately I have a backlog to keep me busy currently, but the thought of waiting to grab games like NFS: MW, AC: L and KZ: M for my Vita around the launch of PS4 doesn't seem like a good thing to do either. :smileyvery-happy:

Edit: So I had bought Rayman: Origins when they put it down to $6-7 like a month before they put it up free on Plus (which I'm fine with $7 for it, still got a savings using Plus), I already have Sine Mora, and two of the bigger titles (U: GA, Wipeout) I already had before I subscribed to Plus.

That said, I am happy with plus, because I know things will happen, I'm just hoping the next big titles in November won't be ones I already own (unfortunately I own more than a few), and that's why I'm on a Vita game buying freeze. Which is unfortunate with this damned sale.

Like others, I don't want to pay $20+ for something that will be free in a couple weeks to a month. I can handle $7 though on something that is usually $20+. I'm hoping they don't put up Maramusa: Rebirth, since I just bought it when it was on sale. 

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 126 (342 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2406 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 28, 2013

TMAZT3R wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

Another MEDIOCRE month. 

That's your opinion. To me it's a mediocre month... it goes both ways genius.

I don't see the reason for you even quoting my comment since I was voicing 'MY OPINION' which seem to have slapped you in the face upon entering this thread. 

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 126 (341 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
10990 posts

Sep 28, 2013

Technically I did buy the HD collection for Ico and Shadow of the Colossus a couple of years back, but through Plus this will be giving me a chance to return to these games (since I sold the set) and retry for the Platinums. Shadow of the Colossus is also a stupendous game.

That's the good news about October's update. The bad news is everything else. :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 126 (334 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1916 posts

Sep 28, 2013

UnrealButcher wrote:

xClayMeow wrote:

xClayMeow wrote:
Slightly disappointed that it’s two indie titles for Vita, but at least they’re actually native Vita games and not PSP crap!

Actually, now that I think about it further, I'm shouldn't have been surprised that it's two indie titles this month, as the following month is November, the one-year anniversary of Vita entering IGC - which means a AAA refresh! Bye bye GR and Uncharted, hello ... ??

I'm thinking maybe LBP Vita and P4G, as those would be two of the top Vita games available. LBP Vita is probably a given with Tearaway coming, but maybe they'd think P4G is too niche to draw sales as a one-year mainstay.

I'm really hesitant to buy anything for the Vita right now, with having PS+.

I was thinking about picking up some Vita games with the "spend $50 get $10 back" deal going on, but am afraid something will go on sale, and though NFS: MW and AC3: L are at a low price point on the Vita right now, I'm afraid they might end up added to the IGC list in November, since they are at a low price now. Kind of like they did with Rayman: Origins. So I'm waiting to see what they decide to do for it in November. Which will be when I get my PS4. :smileysad:

I find it highly unlikely AC3:L will be IGC because the bundles are still sold at some outlets, plus the PS3 remake is coming. But I get what you're saying. I have BAO:Blackgate pre-ordered and then I'll get Tearaway - but after that, not sure if I'll be buying any other Vita games this year unless there's some really good deal.

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 126 (317 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1195 posts

Sep 28, 2013
well i guess if i renewed my sub on the 30th for $17.99 id get 4 months plus id still have time to get ico then shadow . but i still got gta v and the bf4 so ps+ isnt really all that again i can get shadow and ico for $20 in hd
Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 126 (310 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1670 posts

Sep 28, 2013

wycliff_12 wrote:

TMAZT3R wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

Another MEDIOCRE month. 

That's your opinion. To me it's a mediocre month... it goes both ways genius.

I don't see the reason for you even quoting my comment since I was voicing 'MY OPINION' which seem to have slapped you in the face upon entering this thread. 

If you would have stated in your post "MY OPINION" then I would have not commented. However you did not, so I stated that it was your opinion. To be honest there is nothing to get butt hurt over here, and yes it goes both ways so nobody will win the arguement which there should not have been.

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 126 (310 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1937 posts

Sep 28, 2013

happy dance.. Getting Playstation Plus for a full year at $49.99 is the best value I know.

Member: Geezers In Arms Mature Gaming Community
Getting Older doesn't mean it's GAME OVER
Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 126 (289 Views)
0 Likes