I Only Post Everything
1250 posts

Re: Official PlayStation Plus Update Thread

Oct 21, 2011

mochuuu wrote:

Paramount SaleTop Gun – 70% off – 10/18 (1 week only)
Star Trek DAC – 40% off – 10/18 (1 week only)
Days of Thunder – 40% off – 10/18 (1 week only)
Bundle of all 3 Paramount Titles + DLC – 50% off – 10/18 (1 week only)

I am thinking about picking up the Paramount bundle (I think it is under $7.50 for all three games).  Everyone has a different opinion of "value" but to me this seems like a good deal for some older, not so popular, probably average rated games.

Sony is going to have a hard time keeping up the pace for Nov and Dec!  I supose that is a good problem to have.  I am still waiting for that super special incentive to get me to re-up before the first week of Dec.

If I am not mistaken, Dead Nation is being offered in the Halloween section for free.  I don't remember seeing this game listed anywhere, so there could be other bonus goodies (free or discounts), so make sure you check out all the PS+ PSN links.

Message 10 of 149 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5113 posts

Oct 21, 2011

i picked up the paramount bundle --- top gun and nascar are ok games havent tried out st - also got burnout crash, ghostbusters sanctam of slime, and preordered the infamous game, the dynamic theme is pretty cool

and yeah dead nation was not listed -- i think that was more the less put out there because them only haveing that 1 game up for 2 weeks

Message 11 of 149 (86 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1250 posts

Oct 21, 2011

Thanks jpb .. I was already thinking about Crash ... probably going to throw some duckets Sony's way this weekend.

Message 12 of 149 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5113 posts

Oct 22, 2011

jc if i may, i would suggest the ghostbusters game- it is discounted right now and my kids love it- hell i gave it a go and i liked it also --cant beat the price......UNLESS plus gives it away later..over the last month i am well over 150 on the psn store alone---and i wonder why plus never has games i dont already own......dumbass

Message 13 of 149 (86 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1250 posts

Oct 22, 2011

The question now is, how much will I spend when I make some weekend purchases?  I love increasing my backlog ... as if there is ever a rainy day when I can just sit around and catch up!

Message 14 of 149 (86 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Oct 31, 2011

I'm sure you have already heard this, but I would also like to suggest that PS2 Classics be added to the free downloads Plus members get every month...

Message 15 of 149 (86 Views)
0 Likes
SIEA
1490 posts

Nov 1, 2011

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

I'm sure you have already heard this, but I would also like to suggest that PS2 Classics be added to the free downloads Plus members get every month...

Thanks for the suggestion; perhaps when the PS2 Classics library gets a bit more expansive.

Message 16 of 149 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4029 posts

Nov 1, 2011

I for one am really excited about Hydrophobia being free as per the blog!  It's a game I've been wanting for a long time, and had planned on buying.    Anyone else looking forward to it, or perhaps Crash Bandicoot?

-SP

Message 17 of 149 (86 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
10595 posts

Nov 1, 2011

crash bandicoot I am, I had them all on PS1, and I bought crash bandicoot 1 off the PSN awhile back when it was discounted on plus, but I still need 2, 3 and CTR, so glad they are free now. As for Hydrophobia I don't really know to much about it, but I will check it out all the same since it's free.

Message 18 of 149 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4029 posts

Nov 1, 2011

Hydrophobia - Prophecy is an action/adventure game with some strategy and awesome water effect.  Essentially come upon a room with too many enemies in it to handle?  Find the hatch release and flood the room, problem solved. 

The developers designed their own water effects game engine so water flows and effects combat and looks really good!  I've only seen it on PC, and from what I've read they've made the game even better for the PS3, so if you like action/adventure with some strategy and sneaky stealthy shooty fun, I'd say give it a try. 

-SP

Message 19 of 149 (86 Views)
0 Likes