Wastelander
606 posts

Re: PlayStation Plus Deals for January 1st, 2013

Dec 31, 2012

knightnorth wrote:
You mean to tell me that just one game or one discount is the equivalent of $50? Wow. Then it is worth it. I don't have Vita, don't know what it's about or ever will. Telling someone the value you're getting in your subscription is the equivalent if Netflix only had kids movies from 3 years ago ; the monetary cost of all the movies individually would be in the hundreds. But if you don't care about old kids movies then the value is depleted. What I'm saying is value is relative.

They release 45 games for the IGC per year so I would say that it's a pretty dang good value. You get cloud storage and deals every week. It's all subjective opinion though and to each their own!

Please use plain text.
Message 81 of 92 (794 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 1, 2013
There not free games are they we pay a subscription as you stated.
They are games we rent so it would be nice to have same deals as eu members
Please use plain text.
Message 82 of 92 (678 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
61 posts

Jan 3, 2013

Waah waah waah... I'd like a billion dollars, but that doesn't change anything, either.

I've finally purchased a PS+ subscription, and in two months, I've purchased more items on the PSN network than I have in the past 4 years.  The free games are only a tiny part of it, but a significant part. Like many people, I'm not made of a constant stream of disposable income. For the price of 1 game, I get 4 to 8 free games a month, for an entire year. Do I agree with all the games? no. Some I play once, then delete. But at least I get to expose myself to games I'd otherwise never play.

Perfect example: Skullgirls.  Looked interesting from website reviews, but I couldn't justify spending $14 on a game. $7.35 on PS+? That was cheap enough to warrant a try. Same thing with some of the PS Vita games on sale for 50% off. Golf to me isn't worth $24, but $8? sure. Little Big Planet Vita was a STEAL at $17. Used, at Gamestop or Craigslist, it's still $30+.

So basically, just because every month isn't catered to your every whim, doesn't mean that PS+ is a bad investment. Also don't expect Assassins Creed III or Resident Evil 6 to be the free game two months after release. That makes no sense. However, you DO get many quality titles you might have overlooked before, when they cost $60. 

My ONLY complaint is that there needs to be a mechanism in PS+ to allow you to buy the free games in PS+ if you choose to, at a discount rate, should you decide to cancel your subscription. Other than that, just on discounts alone, it's paid for itself. Thanks Sony!

(no, I do not, nor have I ever, worked for Sony or any related company)

Please use plain text.
Message 83 of 92 (582 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
126 posts

Jan 3, 2013
Oh by the way, Can we know the content of next week?
Please use plain text.
Message 84 of 92 (572 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
27669 posts

Jan 3, 2013

MAGtrail_now_MAG wrote:

Nope not yet, too soon.

Please use plain text.
Message 85 of 92 (567 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1245 posts

Jan 3, 2013

BRIT-KO wrote:

MAGtrail_now_MAG wrote:

Nope not yet, too soon.

How about now ... ?

Please use plain text.
Message 86 of 92 (523 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
40 posts

Jan 6, 2013

Screw Sony. I am completely **bleep**. They do not care about the individual gamers needs. I have been in contact with support almost a dozen times trying to get help with Playstation Plus. They don't care. All I want is one of 2 things to happen. 1 give me access to playstation plus on my sub-account. Or 2 make my sub-account a master account so I can **bleep** well buy it. am have owned a PS3 since day 1. I did not like my original psn ID so I changed it. Back then it was very confusing  on setting up accounts since I already had a master account I was required to set up a sub-account. I want this PSN ID. I want playstation plus on this ID. Just make it happen Sony. I know you can do it.   

Please use plain text.
Message 87 of 92 (414 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
408 posts

Jan 6, 2013

don't they said on the podcast the next week line-up? i don't wanna listen some idiots talking for half an hour just to know the games that are coming!

Please use plain text.
Message 88 of 92 (383 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7184 posts

Jan 6, 2013

fede01_8 wrote:

don't they said on the podcast the next week line-up? i don't wanna listen some idiots talking for half an hour just to know the games that are coming!

They talk about a few of the new releases for every week, but they never read off the whole list of things coming for the update, such as every PS+ perk and every piece of content being added to the store.

Please use plain text.
Message 89 of 92 (378 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
369 posts

Jan 6, 2013
They really should take a page from SCEE and show us our Plus Perks a month in advance
Please use plain text.
Message 90 of 92 (354 Views)
0 Likes