Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
5021 posts

Re: PlayStation Plus Deals for January 1st, 2013

Dec 30, 2012

tiger woods was the eagle DLC pack at 50% off was 40$ but plus members got it for 20

Please use plain text.
Message 61 of 92 (471 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Dec 30, 2012
I just hope we get something worthwhile. Plus has had amazing games like Boarderlands, infamous 2, space marine, just cause 2, in the past. But that's the problem, in the past. If I wanted dumb little games like retro city rampage and anomaly rochard quantum etc i would just get apps for my iPod. I was really hoping this would take the need for GameStop but I am finding its about as lame as Xbox live.
Please use plain text.
Message 62 of 92 (464 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1207 posts

Dec 30, 2012

beebout wrote:
I just hope we get something worthwhile. Plus has had amazing games like Boarderlands, infamous 2, space marine, just cause 2, in the past. But that's the problem, in the past. If I wanted dumb little games like retro city rampage and anomaly rochard quantum etc i would just get apps for my iPod. I was really hoping this would take the need for GameStop but I am finding its about as lame as Xbox live.

What?!!! Xbox live is a damned joke in comparison. What exactly do you get for your live service? The ability to watch Hulu, Netflix, and play online with other people. You can do all that for free on the ps3. Plus gives you an instant game collection and phenomenal deals weekly. I used Xbox for several years and I have to say it is embarrassingly bad when you try and hold its value up against ps+.

Please use plain text.
Message 63 of 92 (461 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Dec 30, 2012
Yeah but Netflix etc is not plus, you have to admit we are getting the shaft latley. The ey store is getting great games and we are getting Nintendo like ganes
Please use plain text.
Message 64 of 92 (459 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1207 posts

Dec 30, 2012

beebout wrote:
Yeah but Netflix etc is not plus, you have to admit we are getting the shaft latley. The ey store is getting great games and we are getting Nintendo like ganes

I know netflix isn't plus. That is my point. On the Xbox you have to pay for a gold sub on top of your netflix sub.  Want to watch hulu on xbox? Get a gold sub and also pay a seperate fee for your Hulu.You get no games collection on xbox and if you don't have a gold sub you can't even play games online. It's a terrible service. You have to pay a gold sub to watch freaking Youtube for gods sake! Please don't compare the plus service to gold because it just isn't fair to make the xbox look so terrible lol.

Please use plain text.
Message 65 of 92 (452 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Dec 30, 2012
Dude fine, if you must be so **bleep** about it. But to my origional point of Nintendo like games while eu gets great games is just sad, are you happy with the content we have been getting?
Please use plain text.
Message 66 of 92 (450 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1207 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 30, 2012

beebout wrote:
Dude fine, if you must be so **bleep** about it. But to my origional point of Nintendo like games while eu gets great games is just sad, are you happy with the content we have been getting?

I'll say! I pay approximately 4 dollars a month and have hundreds upon hundreds of dollars worth of content on my hard drive. I've only subscribed since September.

Let us create a list!

Bioshock 2

Outland

Renegade Ops

Bloodrayne

SF4 AE

KoF XIII

Borderlands

Payday

Scott Pilgrim

NFL Blitz

Infamous 2

LBP 2

Double Dragon Neon

Starhawk

Rochard

Sideway

Quantum Conundrum

Final Fantasy Tactics War of the Lions

Resident Evil 5 GOLD

Sonic 1 and 2

Pacman CE DX

Space Marine

Dungeon Defenders

Retro City Rampage

Anomaly Warzone

Ratchet and Clank All 4 One

Plus all of the Vita games and I don't even have my Vita yet.

I'd say I'm pretty satisfied with my plus sub. I've only been a member for 3 months lol. I mean c'mon! Look at the value there for gods sake! You would have to be mentally challenged to not see the value. I didn't even include all of the awesome games I got as PS+ deals. :smileyvery-happy:

Hell I probably missed a few.

Please use plain text.
Message 67 of 92 (435 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Dec 30, 2012
Ok so you must be like 15 to get all happy for over half those games. And if you have only been a member for three months most of those games have been off for longer than that but good job in googling the research there kiddo.
Please use plain text.
Message 68 of 92 (430 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1207 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 30, 2012

beebout wrote:
Ok so you must be like 15 to get all happy for over half those games. And if you have only been a member for three months most of those games have been off for longer than that but good job in googling the research there kiddo.

I have been a member since late Sept 2012. Those are the games in my collection. None of them have left the IGC before I was able to download them as a plus member. I merely looked at my download history and in my PS+ folder on the XMB(yeah you can organize things). I'm 31 and I've been a gamer my whole life. Opinions are like **bleep**holes. Everyone has one.  You don't think it's worth the money so be it. Go get you some xbox live and enjoy I suppose. Some of them have been rotated out but I still got them as a plus member. You don't lose access to them once they are out of the IGC. If you don't understand the mechanics of the PS+ system that's on you. If you shall try and start some sort of insignificant flame war be my guest. Just be prepared to make yourself look silly in the process.

edit: removed insults

Please use plain text.
Message 69 of 92 (420 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
889 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 30, 2012

Beebout:

I'm sorry I have to ask your age. If you think Retro City Rampage sucks then you must have been born in the mid to late 90s, because that game is AMAZING. The amount of references to NES games and the 80s in general makes the game AMAZING alone. It plays like a much better old school GTA. You really need to take that statement back. My feelings are legitimately hurt. Rochard is also another awesome game. I used to have zero interest in "small digital titles." Boy did I ever feel like an idiot. For what it's worth, I have more interest in PSN games than retail discs now.

photo wizard_zps4173ab5c.png
Please use plain text.
Message 70 of 92 (416 Views)
0 Likes