Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Re: PlayStation Plus Adds Super Street Fighter IV, Rochard

Dec 11, 2012

bamahollis88 wrote:
According to the poll, most people like the Street Fighter game addition...

I don’t think 46% counts as most. Yes more people like it then not, but it’s not really a good thing to beat the “Nothing for me this week” option by 5%. This was a sad update.

As of the writing of this post there is now a 7% difference over the nothing this week option. I don't know what metric Sony is using to gauge these results, it does IMO seem to be a favorable outcome, given that not everyone is going to like the selected game, in every case....

Please use plain text.
Message 51 of 62 (249 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
190 posts

Dec 12, 2012

Really? That is a favorable oytcome to you. 40% of the people didn’t get something they liked, even though it will more than likely be one of the better weeks for this month. I don’t know where you went to school but with only 60% of the people satisfied, that’s still a D-. One less percent and it would be a failing grade.

Please use plain text.
Message 52 of 62 (226 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1283 posts

Dec 12, 2012
Everyone and their mother has owned or owns one of the 20 versions of Street Fighter IV. People not having anything for them this week doesn't mean they aren't satisfied with the titles given, just that they aren't for them for whatever reason. I myself voted there was nothing for me, even though I haven't owned this version of SF IV. I'm satisfied, it's just not a game I'm jumping on right away with 17GB of storage needed. Stop being pissy over every **bleep** game we get, and you'd be the last to talk about people and school.
Please use plain text.
Message 53 of 62 (220 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Dec 12, 2012

bamahollis88 wrote:

Really? That is a favorable oytcome to you. 40% of the people didn’t get something they liked, even though it will more than likely be one of the better weeks for this month. I don’t know where you went to school but with only 60% of the people satisfied, that’s still a D-. One less percent and it would be a failing grade.

There are many different ways of interpreting that data. I looked at many of the polls made so far, and this is the first one that included a nothing for me option. So we will have to look at future polls to see how this one fares. By election polling metrics, 7% is a pretty sizable victory.

The way I see it, it almost doesn't matter what game is selected. There are going to be a portion that likes it and others that don't. From what I see between 8K-9K people vote in the poll, likely a small fraction of the overall US PS+ subscriber base. Also I keep thinking about that 97% satisfaction rating Sony claimed it polled.

As far as the Street Fighter selection goes, I believe fighters are very popular in this country. Even though many people may own SF IV, not all of them own the latest release (Arcade version), so I think that was a pretty safe choice to go with...

Please use plain text.
Message 54 of 62 (205 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1245 posts

Dec 12, 2012

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

There are many different ways of interpreting that data. I looked at many of the polls made so far, and this is the first one that included a nothing for me option. So we will have to look at future polls to see how this one fares. By election polling metrics, 7% is a pretty sizable victory.

The way I see it, it almost doesn't matter what game is selected. There are going to be a portion that likes it and others that don't. From what I see between 8K-9K people vote in the poll, likely a small fraction of the overall US PS+ subscriber base. Also I keep thinking about that 97% satisfaction rating Sony claimed it polled.

As far as the Street Fighter selection goes, I believe fighters are very popular in this country. Even though many people may own SF IV, not all of them own the latest release (Arcade version), so I think that was a pretty safe choice to go with...

Late to the party, but two quick points.  First, as you mentioned this is the first time that the "nothing for me" option was introduced.  It would be really nice if the votes could only be done by confirmed PS+ subscribers, otherwise, in my opinion, the poll is tainted.  Certainly interesting, but not very realistic ...

Second, I'm not a fighter fan; casual fan at best.  I played VF when it was offered ... honestly ...I'll say it ... as an easy trophy boost.  I did actually enjoy the game, but once I got my 100% I deleted the game and never looked back.  I think I have two (or is it three) other fighters on my HDD that have also been offered via PS+ in the past few months.  I haven't touched these, and I not anywhere near the 36 GB (or whatever) free that Street Fighter will require.  I could upgrade my HDD, but I don't really want to have to download everything again, transfer saves from the cloud or my  external HDD ... I digress.

At any rate I voted "nothing for me" - will I play Street Fighter at some point?  Sure, but I am not rushing to play it any time soon ...

Please use plain text.
Message 55 of 62 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1283 posts

Dec 12, 2012

ECrispy77 wrote:

So if I create a EU PSN account and buy a PS+ code for Europe, then I can download the games in the EU section? And will they be visible to both accounts oor more likely only the EU one?

e.g. as someone else suggested above, if I get a 3 month EU PS+ and download Batman, Resident Evil etc, will they no longer play once those 3 months are up?

The games are visible to all accounts on the console. So you can play them just fine on your US account.

Of course not. The games aren't to keep, you need to have an active subscription for the EU if you want to play games you recieved through the EU Plus, and the same applies for the US service.

Please use plain text.
Message 56 of 62 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
62 posts

Dec 12, 2012
Thanks, now I have to decide which one to keep - EU or US since I can't afford both. I wish Sony offered some kind of discount for people who want both subs.
Please use plain text.
Message 57 of 62 (147 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Dec 13, 2012
Anyone else Rochard is on the expiring soon tab does that mean we are getting a new game next week too? Also I think multiple games are leaving.
Please use plain text.
Message 58 of 62 (102 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Dec 13, 2012
Notice*
Please use plain text.
Message 59 of 62 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5011 posts

Dec 13, 2012

alyssa7208 wrote:
Anyone else Rochard is on the expiring soon tab does that mean we are getting a new game next week too? Also I think multiple games are leaving.

good catch-- wasnt even going to go to the store this week-- but might as well set this one to download

Please use plain text.
Message 60 of 62 (92 Views)
0 Likes