Oct 02 2013
By: al2009man Ghost of Sparta 13187 posts

PlayStation Plus 1 Month Subcription

[ Edited ]
22 replies 463 views Edited Oct 3, 2013

Looks like the PS Plus got a new membership, Now you can spend a 1 month membership for only 10 bucks a month.

photo https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/store/api/chihiro/00_09_000/container/US/en/19/IP9101-NPIA90005_01-PLUS1MONTHPACKAG/image?_version=00_09_000&platform=chihiro&w=225&h=225&bg_color=000000&opacity=100

*Click the image for the redirect or go to PlayStation Store via PS Plus Section* (BTW The Plus section is updated with its new layout) 

Having Problems? https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/reward_game/playstationplus-1-month-membership/c...

*Somewhat the PS Vita's Store doesn't have one...might be added soon*

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 1 of 23 (463 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1616 posts

Re: PS Plus 1 month membership

Oct 2, 2013

Dont know why someone wouldnt just pay the extra 8 bucks and get 2 additional months. I believe it was fine as it was.

Message 2 of 23 (455 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1453 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 2, 2013

DoubleO_seven wrote:

Dont know why someone wouldnt just pay the extra 8 bucks and get 2 additional months. I believe it was fine as it was.

Because when your tight on money, especially after buying the system, the cheapest option is the best option no matter how good the other deals are. What would you rather do, buy a year of ps+ or buy your first game for the system. With the 1 month option you can do both, then later on start looking into the long term deals after you recupe some money.

I'm happy to see sony doing this, I plan to get a ps4 at launch and that is going to take a huge chuck of my savings, I wasn't sure I'd be able to get plus without this 1 month option.

Message 3 of 23 (432 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4036 posts

Oct 2, 2013

PS Plus should be your FIRST CHOICE if your tight on money and it should be for a full year not one month or 3.  You see not getting a game for $59 and getting plus for $49.99 set you up for the next year in games.  Its like insurance for a steady flow of content.  You saved $10 to go on that BF4 or Killzone you really wanted.  Without Plus you couldnt play online any way.  Pluse is a great value for people on a limited income. Get a game and play for a while, Get Plus and play for a Year.

Getting Older doesn't mean it's GAME OVER
It's a better idea to buy games for your PS4
Than to buy a New Console for your PS4
Message 4 of 23 (419 Views)
Splicer
69 posts

Oct 2, 2013

Truer words were never typed...

.........................Missing Piece Locator.........................
Message 5 of 23 (403 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
569 posts

Oct 2, 2013

I thought it was going to be like $7.

Still, not a bad option for people coming home on the Holidays from school that don't get a chance to play the IGC they've amassed over the years.

sig by Grindhead_Jim
Message 6 of 23 (390 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1616 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 2, 2013

Mightylink wrote:

DoubleO_seven wrote:

Because when your tight on money, especially after buying the system, the cheapest option is the best option no matter how good the other deals are. What would you rather do, buy a year of ps+ or buy your first game for the system. With the 1 month option you can do both, then later on start looking into the long term deals after you recupe some money.

I'm happy to see sony doing this, I plan to get a ps4 at launch and that is going to take a huge chuck of my savings, I wasn't sure I'd be able to get plus without this 1 month option.

If you are tight on money, gaming shouldnt be a option. I would get my **bleep** together first before i would ever touch a controller and i wouldnt purchase a console unless i can afford one and some games with it. Which will be probably mid Jan after the holidays, when i have purchased gifts for my family ect.  Also John answered your question. Thats just my opinion on the matter. 8 bucks isnt a problem for me and i would think a person "tight on money" would go with the money saving option.

Message 7 of 23 (376 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Oct 2, 2013
To DoubleO_seven:

Who are you to judge people on on their money situation? You have a plan laid out and getting it in january, thats great, but if someone is saving up every little penny they can so they can get it in November when they actually want it, so be it.

I'm in a similar situation and will be very tight on money when the PS4 comes out, but I'm doing everything in my power to get one on launch date. My passion is for gaming, its something I've done almost every day for 20+ years. I'm glad they brought out a one month option, it really will help people like us who are in tight money situations, but want the full experience of PS4.
Message 8 of 23 (343 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1782 posts

Oct 2, 2013

if you have to worry about 50 you need to quit gaming. last thing in the world i would want my kids to do is pinch money for a game anything. lucky their smart enough not to do that and i have all the money i ever need, but i only paid 39 for a year of ps+ when my ps4 gets here on the 15th. If you guys have a problem with people telling you your prerogatives are in the wrong place , **bleep** grow up.

Message 9 of 23 (334 Views)
First Son
9 posts

Oct 2, 2013
To ticl:

You should worry about your own **bleep** life and not others. If we want to spend our last penny on a console, then so be it. Thats great that you feel like you have a perfect life, not everyone does and theres people like me who are struggling but making it through life right now with no other options. I cannot stand people like you, so **bleep** ignorant and just brag about how your life is such in order and your living the perfect dream. Reality check: everyone is brought up different and go through different scenarios through life, so do us a favor and brag about your perfect life with people who actually care. If anyone needs to grow up, its you.
Message 10 of 23 (329 Views)