Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 25 2013
By: BRIT-KO VP of Gaming 29114 posts

PlayStation Online Store - What a Pleasure.

[ Edited ]
8 replies 340 views Edited Jan 25, 2013

With all the negativity still surrounding the Store accessed vua the PS3 I wanted to say what a pleasure it was to use the new SCEA Online Store this evening.

I signed in, the layout looked good, it was vibrant but not too cluttered, I was able to see my remaining wallet amount, it showed that I was a Plus Subscriber, navigation was easy & fluid & the features of the store I used all worked perfectly fine, I went to the PlayStation Plus area, chose my items, added them to my cart & proceeded to the checkout process, all was very painless, the items as far as I know have been added to my download list, & when my PS3 returns from Sony those same items should be there waiting for me to download them.

All in all a very pleasant experience, good job Sony.

BRIT-KO.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 9 (340 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Re: PSN Online Store - What a Pleasure.

Jan 25, 2013

Indeed, it's very slick and organized.

On another note, I wonder if this means I can finally buy The Legend of Dragoon for my Vita, without having to transfer it from a PS3 :smileyvery-happy:? I'm sick of treating it like an accessory to the PS3.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 9 (329 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5301 posts

Re: PlayStation Online Store - What a Pleasure.

Jan 25, 2013
I'll be using this more often!! It looks really well and runs super smooth.
Now if only they added some minor features like auto remote downloads..i would be all over it.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 9 (308 Views)
First Son
5 posts

Jan 25, 2013

yes, well, we all have our opinions. while it is nice, they have removed multiple games and DLC without notice. it would be nice to buy a game that has DLC available, and be able to purchase it from the store. (ex. transformers fall of cybertron.)

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 9 (295 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4544 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 25, 2013

DRAHCIREVO wrote:

yes, well, we all have our opinions. while it is nice, they have removed multiple games and DLC without notice. it would be nice to buy a game that has DLC available, and be able to purchase it from the store. (ex. transformers fall of cybertron.)

What exactly is the problem with that game?  I'm not trying to purchase it, but I found the game and 3 DLC packs quite easily.  I'm not sure if this will work, but here's the URL for it from my browser:

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/cid=UP0002-NPUB30824_00-TFOCNAHDDGAME001

I see you've posted the same kind of thing elsewhere; please keep it to one thread.  But it looks to me like everything you mentioned is in the store.

On topic, I will likely be using the web store rather than the PS3 store most of the time.  It runs much smoother and it's much easier to search quickly; the predicted results are very fast and useful also.  Once the automatic downloads are implemented I probably won't launch it from my PS3 at all.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 9 (247 Views)
Welcoming Committee
6218 posts

Jan 25, 2013
I agree the online store is quite nice, easy to use, and everything else you said. I think I will also use it to make all my purchases now.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 9 (235 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
409 posts

Jan 26, 2013

Their online version of the store is the exact same layout as whats on the PS3. However it is easier to navigate and search for items and all around looks better. Their general layout of the store on the PS3 doesn't work and has always been more suited for a computer browser, it really works better in an online computer browser than it ever did on the system. This is the way im going to be making all my purchases from now on, or until they make the PS3's store easier to navigate and more suited for the console

In all what i'm saying is "when they first produced the store it was and still is junk on the PS3 system. But it works better and is more geared towards an online internet browser search." i hope they see the flaws in the consoles version of the store and make it more like the old store with easier to navigate folders and more refined filtering options.

/)/)
(-,-)
*(")(")
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 9 (210 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 26, 2013

edit. found.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 9 (192 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 16, 2013

I have a huge problem, yesterday i bought a 50$ psn gift card, i opened and scratched it with my hands and it is not working. What can i do? i contacted the store and it doesnt accept it back, it's provider aswell

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 9 (110 Views)
0 Likes