Big Daddy
19370 posts

Re: PlayStation Network email

Mar 24, 2011

ZERBE0643 wrote:

Call SONY 1-800-345-7669 Sony is staying SCEA NOT SNEA this is a attempt to steal data and funds from your ps3

That is OFFICIAL WORDS from SONY

Here's the updated TOS from qriocity, so you can see the text does reflect SNEA.

http://www.qriocity.com/psnlegal/us/tos.html

The thing is... when they do transfer everything, if you do not agree to the terms, they will close your accounts, and likely issue some sort of refund for any money in your wallet.

It seems, if you choose to believe it or not, it's happening.

And you do not have to do anything with the e-mail you receive. Come April 1st, you sign into the PSN you'll have to accept the new terms.  So the e-mail cannot possibly be a phishing attempt, as it's not trying to get you to actually do anything.  It's just informing you of events to come.

Message 21 of 26 (33 Views)
Fender Bender
4223 posts

Mar 24, 2011

Solar_Difusion wrote:

ZERBE0643 wrote:

Call SONY 1-800-345-7669 Sony is staying SCEA NOT SNEA this is a attempt to steal data and funds from your ps3

That is OFFICIAL WORDS from SONY

Here's the updated TOS from qriocity, so you can see the text does refelct SNEA.

http://www.qriocity.com/psnlegal/us/tos.html

The thing is... when they do transfer everything, if you do not agree to the terms, they will close your accounts, and likely issue some sort of refund for any money in your wallet.

It seems, if you choose to believe it or not, it's happening.

And you do not have to do anything with the e-mail you receive. Come April 1st, you sign into the PSN you'll have to accept the new terms.  So the e-mail cannot possibly be a phishing attempt, as it's not trying to get you to actually do anything.  It's just informing you of events to come.

amen

Message 22 of 26 (33 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Mar 25, 2011

Hey, I sent that same email to the PSN and this is what I got back:

Hello XXXXX,

Thank you for contacting us regarding the email you have received from

PlayStation_Network@playstation.innovyx.net

.  I understand your concern that this is a SPAM Website. I can assure you  this is an authorized email from Sony Computer Entertainment America  (SCEA). We are changing the Terms of Service for the  PlayStation®Network. The PlayStation®Network Terms of Service and User  Agreement will actually be updated on Thursday, March 31, 2011.

Consumers  like yourself will be required to accept the new Terms of Service and  User Agreement before being able to use the PlayStation Network. This  includes services such as the PlayStation®Network Account Management, PlayStation®Store, Netflix, online games, etc. If you do not  wish to accept the new Terms of Service before attempting to access the  different PlayStation Network services, you will receive an error  message and not be able to use the service.

If you have set your  PlayStation®3 system to automatically log in to your PlayStation Network  account, you will need to log out of the PlayStation Network, then log  back in to the PlayStation Network so that you can accept the new Terms  of Service.

To log out of the PlayStation Network:

- If you are in a game or service, you must exit the game or service.

- On the XMB, go to (PlayStation®Network) > (Account Management) and press the Triangle button.

- Select "Log out".

- Select "Sign In" and sign in to the PlayStation Network.

You will be prompted to accept the new Terms of Service before being able to log in to the PlayStation Network.

After  accepting the Terms of Service and completing the login, you should be  able to access PlayStation Network services and online games as usual.

Please  make sure that you read the email in it's entirety as well as the new  Terms of Service. Follow the directions to ensure you can continue your  online gaming experience on the PlayStation Network.

I hope this information regarding the email from

PlayStation_Network@playstation.innovyx.net

has been helpful. I would like to thank you for giving me the  opportunity to assist you. If you have any further questions and/or concerns regarding this or  any other issue you may have with any PlayStation®product please, email  us again.

Regards,

XXXXX

Hope this helps

Message 23 of 26 (33 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7484 posts

Mar 25, 2011

If this is fake how come major gaming new sites are providing fact for it being the real deal?

Message 24 of 26 (33 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10751 posts

Mar 25, 2011

No fear mongering involved. The language used in the email was not standard "business" language. I didn't panic. I came here using a bookmark I trusted. No biggie. Read a couple of threads stating the email was legit. Fine. Just saying...the language was not the most professional and therefore didn't lend itself to credibility. Again, no big deal. Folks just need to dig a little deeper. I think it's awesome that someone had the guts to come here and ask. I'd rather see that than have people start up an internet rumor that will travel around the world three times before it's finally refuted on Snopes.com.

And this isn't the first time I've gotten email from Playstation that sounded kinda screwy. Their sense of humor and mine just aren't in synch. *shrugs*

Message 25 of 26 (33 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Big Daddy
19370 posts

Mar 25, 2011

Mysterious_Otter wrote:

I deleted it too and came straight here from a bookmark. I suppose the new partner, innovyx, thinks they're being funny with phrases like "including your wallet and the funds in it" but I guess I didn't get the joke. That phrase alone made the entire email suspect as far as I was concerned. In what way is that professional? *shrugs* At any rate, I'm safely here, agreed to the new ToS, and now I'm saying good night.

Why do you think that particular phrase is funny? What's wrong with it?

Message 26 of 26 (33 Views)
0 Likes