Jun 08 2013
By: imBadMove First Son 5 posts

PlayStation Network Admins (In-Game)

12 replies 128 views Edited Jun 8, 2013

I just hopped on Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 which I haven't play in probably almost a year. I used to really enjoy playing the game along with other Call of Duty titles, but after playing tonight, I honestly have no further interest in them. Every CoD game I've played has been totally overrun by player-made mods and hackers (aimbots). Now my question is is there any way to become an in-game moderator/admin for PSN with the privilege to be able to issue temp/perm bans to players who refuse to abide with the terms and agreements and play the game fairly like the rest of us? I'm honestly disgusted with what I saw tonight and for someone who has spent a lot of time online, seeing what I did, I sure hope something is done about this. 

Message 1 of 13 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14623 posts

Re: PlayStation Network Admins (In-Game)

Jun 8, 2013

Nope. The devs alone are admins in the game. Sadly, it is an older game. The CoD hacking is a problem in all the older games apparently. MW3 does not have it as far as I can tell.

Best option is to buy the new CoD every couple of years.

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 2 of 13 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
250 posts

Jun 8, 2013

A better option is to try to find a alternative game to play. Or dig up one of those groups that play "legit". 

PS1~PS2~PS3~PSP~PS Vita~Dreamcast.
-Killzone Mercenary Beta Tester
Free userbars
Message 3 of 13 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14623 posts

Jun 8, 2013

renstimpy3 wrote:

A better option is to try to find a alternative game to play. Or dig up one of those groups that play "legit". 

I have not found a substitue for CoD's style. Battlefield, for example, is a different game entirely. If he likes games that play like CoD, CoD is the best bet. 

Message 4 of 13 (117 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jun 8, 2013

Why are the devs not making implications like this? Trustworthy PSN users would be able to help out the devs because in all honesty I doubt the devs really care that much. 

Message 5 of 13 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14623 posts

Jun 8, 2013

imBadMove wrote:

Why are the devs not making implications like this? Trustworthy PSN users would be able to help out the devs because in all honesty I doubt the devs really care that much. 

I am not saying you are untrustworthy, but no one can be certain. When given power, people tend to abuse it unless there is something to lose. If a developer is causing havoc by banning people left and right, they can be fired. They have reason not to abuse this power. A person not on Activision's payroll has no real reason not to abuse power. 

Message 6 of 13 (109 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jun 8, 2013

No I understand. If anything I'm just frustrated that these most likely 13 year old kids are able to get away with this and make a mockery of the people that make PSN possible.

Message 7 of 13 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15343 posts

Jun 8, 2013

imBadMove wrote:

Here is the problem with that. The developers of Call of Duty create games on a two year cycle, alternating from Treyarch to whater is left of IW. There isn't exactly time or the manpower required to reach out across every CoD title on every system. How would you gauge trustworthyness? You can't guarantee that the random you just gave the power to ban people with impunity has pure intentions. They care, I'm sure it tears them to pieces, seeing their hard work used like that. But there isn't any way short of making the next one better.

Imperator Danknovaxperaux Divi filius Imp XIII Pont Max Trib Pot XLIX Cos CXVI Primus Signiferi Box-xy Princeps Moderatores Pater Forum

Fabulous!
Message 8 of 13 (103 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jun 8, 2013

Like I said, it's just frustrating... Smiley Sad 

Message 9 of 13 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14623 posts

Jun 8, 2013

imBadMove wrote:

Like I said, it's just frustrating... Smiley Sad 

Yeah, I understand. 

Message 10 of 13 (87 Views)
0 Likes