Sep 20 2012
By: gamer_316 Treasure Hunter 4535 posts

PlayStation Mobile: Coming To Tablets, Smartphones and PS Vita Starting on October 3rd

9 replies 171 views Edited Sep 20, 2012

PlayStation Mobile Header

Hello again, PlayStation fans! Today I’m happy to share some big news on the mobile games front that we revealed late Tuesday night at the Tokyo Game Show. PlayStation Mobile (PSM) is coming to a number of PlayStation-Certified devices and PlayStation Vita on October 3rd!

You might be asking yourself, what is PlayStation Mobile, exactly? Allow me to explain: PlayStation Mobile is a brand new platform for tablets and smartphones that offers PlayStation-like experiences on a number of different mobile devices. When PlayStation Mobile launches on October 3rd, we will have around 30 titles available from a range of developers, including games from indie devs as well as our own Sony Computer Entertainment World Wide Studios.

PlayStation Mobile game prices will range from around $2 to $20 and be available in a variety of popular genres, including Adventure, Action, Puzzle, Sports, and Simulation. PlayStation Mobile will also offer an easy-to-navigate storefront to check out and download PlayStation Mobile games, making it easy for you to find what you’re looking for quickly. More details to come on where you can start to download PlayStation Mobile games beginning on October 3rd.

We’re also happy to announce that we’re going to begin offering the official version of the PlayStation Mobile SDK this November, which will offer a more streamlined and efficient content development environment. With just $99 for the license agreement fee annually, developers from established game companies, small indie teams, and even one-man shops can easily distribute their content through the PlayStation Store on a commercial basis and market their games to millions of gamers with PlayStation-Certified devices and PlayStation Vita.

We’re excited to offer PlayStation games on the go with PlayStation Mobile. Definitely check out the launch titles yourself and let us know your favorites. Mark your calendars for October 3rd!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/09/20/playstation-mobile-coming-to-tablets-smartphones-and-ps-vi...

PlayStation HCV/MVP 2011-2016
facebook.com/gamer316
Message 1 of 10 (171 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
9686 posts

Re: PlayStation Mobile: Coming To Tablets, Smartphones and PS Vita Starting on October 3rd

Sep 20, 2012
I hope they bring in trophy support.
Message 2 of 10 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
344 posts

Re: PlayStation Mobile: Coming To Tablets, Smartphones and PS Vita Starting on October 3rd

Sep 20, 2012

i also would like to see trophy support....

Message 3 of 10 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4535 posts

Sep 20, 2012

i've heard that trophy support will be provided

facebook.com/gamer316
Message 4 of 10 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2032 posts

Sep 20, 2012
what phones will be considered playstation certified? will the Samsung Galaxy SIII be considered PS Certified?
Message 5 of 10 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
116 posts

Sep 20, 2012

This would be awesome if I could get it on my Vita and Asus Transformer Prime. Great news!

P.S. If they do one single update within the first year I'll cry! LOL!

Message 6 of 10 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4535 posts

Sep 20, 2012

Occhi07 wrote:
what phones will be considered playstation certified? will the Samsung Galaxy SIII be considered PS Certified?

Jack Buser's Avatar  + Jack Buser on September 20th, 2012 at 1:26 pm said:

So far: Sony, HTC, ASUS Tek, WikiPad, Fujitsu, and Sharp. Also, of course PlayStation Vita!

facebook.com/gamer316
Message 7 of 10 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6439 posts

Sep 21, 2012
Trophy support should be a must lol.
Check out my PlayStation dedicated blog, PlayStation Persuasion! playstationpersuasion.tumblr.com

PSN: ScreamAimFire999
Message 8 of 10 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
293 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 21, 2012

ScreamAimFire999 wrote:
Trophy support should be a must lol.

i never get the **bleep** ppl have for trophies. i accept it's something else to do after u beat the main game or something to grind towards... personally i'm happy just to play a game and move or replay it without thinking about that stuff.

anyway lets stay on topic i know i'm in the minority here and most of u are gonna think i'm whack.

do u really need trophies for bite-sized mobile style games to be convinced they are worthwhile?

Edited for inappropriate content

Message 9 of 10 (76 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1306 posts

Sep 22, 2012
Hmmm. Not enough clarification on the 99 cent, fremium and non-game apps promised at the get-go. :\
Message 10 of 10 (66 Views)
0 Likes