Highlighted
Mar 03 2014
By: Tempest_Fire PlayStation Community Manager (Retired) 4738 posts

PlayStation MVPs

419 replies 3376 views Edited Mar 3, 2014

xc.png

Almost twenty years ago, Sony launched a console. From there a brand was born that would provide entertainment and fun for all ages. Each generation, the brand delivered new experiences and wonderful IPs that gamers would remember and love. As the brand grew so did the fan base. To serve those fans, Sony built a destination where like-minded PlayStation Gamers could interact, and thus the PlayStation forums were created.

The PlayStation community does not JUST involve those dedicated to the official forums, though. It includes people active in outlets such as Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and any social avenue where PlayStation fans are interacting with one another, and sharing their passion for everything PlayStation

The MVP program was born from this collective dedication to gaming and has evolved greatly since its initial inception. The MVPs all contribute to the community in some form or fashion whether that be game nights, info threads, streaming gameplay, providing  ideas to improve the PlayStation experience, or simply taking surveys to help shape the brand into what it is today.

Their opinions and ideas are all unique, and like any human being they interact with other community members in their own way. Some people can be brash, others subtle, snarky, arrogant, friendly, or even sarcastic. But no matter how they express themselves, their point of view is valuable to any discussion. PlayStation MVPs are no different.

As gamers, we don't have to agree or disagree with each other, or even communicate in the same way. That's part of what makes each of us special in our own right, whether an MVP or not.

With that in mind, it’s important to remember that MVP's are volunteers. They have their own lives to live out.  They have careers, families, and loved ones that they will always put first. They engage with the community voluntarily whenever they are able because they love PlayStation. They love the brand as much as anyone else, and enjoy interacting with the community while trying to lend out a helping hand any chance they can. They are here for all of you, and if you’d like to help them, you can always apply to the program. If not, then you can rest assured that someone is spending their free time to represent you, the gamer, for PlayStation.

Thread editing credit: da1writer Grindhead_Jim, Setzaroth

Tempest_Fire
Ex-PlayStation Network Senior Community Manager
Sony Interactive Entertainment America
Message 1 of 420 (3,376 Views)
Gaming Beast
2023 posts

Re: PlayStation MVPs

Mar 3, 2014

A very well done thread.  I like it.  I want to apply for the MVP program. I would like to be one. I love playstation and I like to help people when I can and as much as I can.  MVP is an honor IMO.

LifeStyle Ambassador Program.
My Youtube Channel. Subscribe here. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4u4grBAukysjm2j8f44VLw
Message 2 of 420 (3,357 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4466 posts

Mar 3, 2014
Message 3 of 420 (3,352 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4550 posts

Mar 3, 2014

tumblr_m4zc1fMLux1rwcc6bo1_500.gif

This post gets a standing ovation from me. 

<

photo evolve_zps9e0e8f3e.jpg

Welcoming Committee   

Message 4 of 420 (3,344 Views)
First Son
22 posts

Mar 3, 2014

I was denied...

Message 5 of 420 (3,340 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
56 posts

Mar 3, 2014

I applied, fingers crossed.......

PSN Card
Message 6 of 420 (3,328 Views)
Fender Bender
2414 posts

Mar 3, 2014

I applied a couple of weeks ago for the ps mvp program and I am wondering how long it takes to get some sort of response? 

My Youtube Channel:

NG \\Wais
Message 7 of 420 (3,314 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
253 posts

Mar 3, 2014

As a MVP, How much time do you must to be online on the forums per day?

Message 8 of 420 (3,304 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Community Manager (Retired)
4738 posts

Mar 3, 2014

wais_45 wrote:

I applied a couple of weeks ago for the ps mvp program and I am wondering how long it takes to get some sort of response? 

We take a look at applications in waves.  The next time we'll be looking is later this month.

Tempest_Fire
Message 9 of 420 (3,286 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Community Manager (Retired)
4738 posts

Mar 3, 2014

indm50 wrote:

As a MVP, How much time do you must to be online on the forums per day?

We look at a lot more than just PlayStation forum activity.  We consider activity in other gaming communities, or in places like Twtich, or even if you have your own gaming related blog.  So it's hard to really answer that question directly.  But we are looking for folks that are engaged with the brand, and can represent other gamers when interacting with us here at PlayStation.

Tempest_Fire
Message 10 of 420 (3,277 Views)