Aug 06 2013
By: Slack-Attacks First Son 3 posts

PlayStation Controller Idea

9 replies 159 views Edited Aug 6, 2013
I would like to see different sized controller's. I for one have large hands so like the feel of a bigger controller, it is just easier to use all the buttons. I am sure people with small hands would agree having a controller that is smaller would feel perfect for there hands. I'm not asking for a bunch of different sized controllers just maybe 2 different sizes. What are your thoughts?
Message 1 of 10 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10300 posts

Re: PlayStation Controller Idea

Aug 6, 2013

Slack-Attacks wrote:
What are your thoughts?

they already exist

Message 2 of 10 (155 Views)
Gaming Beast
2157 posts

Aug 7, 2013

I agree with what you are saying as long as it would be a practical.  Im not sure how much goes into the controllers or anything, im sure a fair amount.  But not thinking about the time, effort and money it would take to produce I would like to see it as well.  Also hard for me to say without having the ps4 controller in my hand yet, I liked the size of the ps3 controller.  If it is practical im sure someone would produce it.

Atari, Nintendo, Sega Genesis, Nintendo 64, PS1, Sega Saturn, PS2, PSP, PS3, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo 3ds and PS4
Message 3 of 10 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1916 posts

Aug 7, 2013

Slack-Attacks wrote:
I would like to see different sized controller's. I for one have large hands so like the feel of a bigger controller, it is just easier to use all the buttons. I am sure people with small hands would agree having a controller that is smaller would feel perfect for there hands. I'm not asking for a bunch of different sized controllers just maybe 2 different sizes. What are your thoughts?

You do realize that the ones that Sony sells aren't the only PS3-compatible controllers, right? There are a bunch of third-party controllers that will provide you exactly what you want. Check GameStop or Amazon.

Message 4 of 10 (144 Views)
VP of Gaming
28676 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 7, 2013

Suddenly everyone is Andre the Giant?

For the amount they are going to sell it's most likely not practical to make more than one controller, especially a larger one that most people wouldn't need. Especially when they can get by using a little finesse and adjusting their playing habits, and not choking the life out of the current controller.

Message 5 of 10 (143 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Aug 7, 2013
I'm not talking about third-party controllers. I want to see a PlayStation brand controller. And no I'm not Andre the Giant.
Message 6 of 10 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1648 posts

Aug 7, 2013

You know, the original xbox controller, the fat one, I loved that thing, I thought it was gretest controller XD it was fat and meaty lol but then the ps3 sixaxis omg it was light as a feather I loved that too..... I wish they would have kept the boomerang controller XD

Got my Vita for $50. Woot.
Message 7 of 10 (120 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
2141 posts

Aug 7, 2013
This thread again..... it's called: adaptation. As the Captain already stated, adjust your habits; we all do it, so can you. Sorry it's put so bluntly, but it's the truth.
PS Customer Support: 1-800-345-7669
Live Chat

Message 8 of 10 (113 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Aug 7, 2013
I'm not saying I haven't adapted. This is merely a want vs. need situation.
Message 9 of 10 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
VP of Gaming
28676 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 7, 2013

Artfuldead wrote:

You know, the original xbox controller, the fat one, I loved that thing, I thought it was gretest controller XD it was fat and meaty lol but then the ps3 sixaxis omg it was light as a feather I loved that too..... I wish they would have kept the boomerang controller XD

That "original XBox controller" was widely ridiculed, lambasted, and a source of embarrassment for Microsoft, so much so that they quickly , and rather quietly began selling the Japanese controller called the "S", in it's place later that same year.

Merely making something bigger is not "improving" it. Especially if that's all you're doing, increasing the size, and not making any changes. 

Message 10 of 10 (77 Views)
0 Likes