Treasure Hunter
4115 posts

Re: PlayStation Community Forums Changes Incoming

[ Edited ]
Aug 17, 2013

This isn't FB. I don't have FB either. That's very different from our Off-Topic forums. 

In any case, Off-Topic is on every forum, nearly. On here it's where other PSN people post stuff not related directly to PSN. Friendliness to each other, discussion, blah, blah, blah. It's a community. 

Some Sub-Forums have O-T Threads as well.

Before the Lithium change over, PS Vita and PS3 had their own separte forums. Off-topic was also alive. I stayed mostly in PS Vita General, there was also a PS Vita Games forum. I posted in PSV General, others did too. A different group posted in PS Vita Games. Through time things merged, then the Giant merge with Lithium.

Now Off-Topic has more people, some different, some the same. Me, I'm mostly from the PS Vita General forum. I have little conversation about PS Vita now, Playstation General is nothing like PS Vita General was. Off-Topic has junk and good stuff.

Don't read it if you don't want to. 

Message 61 of 152 (367 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5477 posts

Aug 17, 2013

chickenbonetom wrote:

All I'm really saying here is it's stupid to get rid of actual Playstation Game Forum sections and keep forum sections that have nothing to do with playstation or gaming in general. So unless they live in bizarro world I don't see how it make's sense to do that.

They are going off of what gets traffic.  I'm not saying the decision is in everyone's best interests, or that it should make sense to everyone, but I can see the logic that went into it, regardless of whether or not I agree with it.

Besides, if you read the OP, they want to drive all gaming traffic into one place, not stifile it altogether.  Personally, I feel that is a huge error - too confusing.  I also understand that having dozens of forums to maintain is a headache all its own.  There's no perfect answer here, and I really wish there was. 

Those links I posted weren't just the first google searches I could find - I did try to track down the most active forums in each case.  I sincerely hope that you don't go away over this.

Grindhead_Jim

Message 62 of 152 (362 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7613 posts

Re:

[ Edited ]
Apr 30, 2015

Message 63 of 152 (360 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5477 posts

Aug 17, 2013

chickenbonetom wrote:

Other Big Forum sites seem to have no problem maintaining dozens of sub forum sections and they seem to have no problem handling this in the past.

Fair enough.  Other than, "I wish this wasn't happening," I do not have an answer for you, and I really wish that I did.

Grindhead_Jim

Message 64 of 152 (355 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9570 posts

Aug 17, 2013
Will the mods check on folks comments better that don't belong here ? example folks who come in to your thread and post negative comments and try to ruin your thread. Post out of subject..etc..How is this end going to be better
Message 65 of 152 (334 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Moderator
2921 posts

Aug 17, 2013

Friendly reminder to keep all posts on-topic for the discussion at hand. Thanks! Smiley Happy

Message 66 of 152 (290 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5089 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 18, 2013

Metal Gear Solid should be kept, as should a lot of the game boards, it's been here for the long time and has it's set of dedicated members who keep it active, it's a rather good community that would be split up otherwise, what with 2/3 possible new MGS games coming out and rumours of a film, seems like a strange move to cut it. I myself would find myself posting less without it.

photo NorphSig.png

"Postman Pat has a black and white cat, what does Big Boss have? NOTHING! THATS WHAT! HE DOESN'T EVEN HAVE TWO FUNCTIONAL EYES LIKE PAT. OR A VAN!" - F0X
Message 67 of 152 (248 Views)
Fender Bender
2715 posts

Aug 18, 2013

Don't worry everybody.  Home will be shut down in a year or 2.  So its forum won't be here forever Smiley Wink

Message 68 of 152 (240 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7613 posts

Re:

[ Edited ]
Apr 30, 2015

Message 69 of 152 (235 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
34149 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 18, 2013

removing the MGS forum?

welp, guess its time i move on to a different forum.

rather confused as to why the forum people keep wanting to cram every section together and make one giant mess of a forum.

having 1 forum for hundreds of game series is a baaaaaad idea. cant wait to see how many of the same topics are made over and over because users cant find existing topics of the subject because they are mixed in with hundreds of other threads.

this is what should stay and what should go, imo:

added some forums too.

remove

keep

• Burnout Series
  • Buzz! Games
  • Dance Dance Revolution
  • Dark Souls
  • Dead Space Series
  • Demon's Souls
  • Devil May Cry Series
  • Dragon Age Series
  • Escape Plan
  • Deus Ex Series
  • Divekick
  • Eternal Sonata
  • Eye of Judgment
  • Fallout Series
  • Fight Night Series
  • Final Fantasy XI (PS2)
  • Gravity Rush
  • Guitar Hero
  • Heavy Rain
  • Homefront
  • Hot Shots Golf
  • Hot Shots Golf World Invitational
  • Journey Beta
  • Kingdom Hearts Series
  • LittleBigPlanet Karting Beta(just make one LBP forum)
  • LittleBigPlanet™ PlayStation® Vita Beta
  • Madden Series
  • Mass Effect
  • Medal of Honor Series
  • Metal Gear Solid Series
  • Monster Hunter Series
  • Need For Speed Series
  • Ninja Gaiden Sigma Series
  • Ni No Kuni
  • Pain (PS3)
  • PlayStation All Stars Beta
  • Reality Fighter
  • Red Dead Series
  • Resident Evil Series
  • Ridge Racer Series
  • Rock Band
  • Shadow of the Colossus (PS2)
  • Silent Hill Series
  • Sourcery
  • Sound Shapes
  • Star Wars Series
  • Street Fighter Series
  • Tomb Raider General
  • Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas (PS3)
  • Tony Hawk Series
  • Unit 13
  • Unreal Tournament 3 (PS3)
  • White Knight Chronicles Series
  • Wipeout 2048

yes, i know some of the ones i added are 1st party games that they want to keep. but no one posts in them or they are small forums. why keep a 1st party game forum if its only got 100 or so posts?

and on top of that, freaking make separate forums for PlayStation systems.

PS3 General, PS Vita General, PS4 General and then a regular PlayStation General.

honestly, whoever idea it is to continuously merge forums needs to look at other forums on the web. they are called forums, plural, for a reason.

/rant

for now...

Message 70 of 152 (214 Views)