MVP Support
5643 posts

Re: PlayStation Community Forums Changes Incoming

Aug 17, 2013

xClayMeow wrote:

So I understand archiving boards for old games nobody talks about anymore, but why would you archive "series" boards for franchises that are getting new entries soon (eg. Dark Souls, Dragon Age, MGS, et al)?? Just so you can then re-create new ones when those games come out?

I asked the same question, and here was his response.

mochuuu wrote:

ExMimic wrote:

Why shut down boards that have games coming soon, like Kingdom Hearts and Dragon Age? I don't visit these boards at all, I'm just curious.

Can't wait for the UI changes.

Because we'd rather people share their Kingdom Hearts / Dragon Age / etc, thoughts on PlayStation General. 

PlayStation General is by far, the most trafficked spot on PS Community. So if you've got something you want to share about those games, make a thread on it here! That way it'll be seen by waaayyyyyy more people and have a more vibrant discussion. Otherwise, it will be tucked away where not many would see it. 

Although that would ensure that only people who really really like the series find that board, it's still buried. We want good conversations to live where the rest of the community is; so that there's more substance and more community discovery, etc, 

hope that makes sense. 

Consumer Services and Technical Support 1-800-345-7669
Mon - Fri, 8:00AM - 8:00PM PST

Live Chat
I don't work for Sony. Just a gamer helping others.
Message 21 of 152 (261 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1508 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 17, 2013

FiveFourteen wrote:

UnrealButcher wrote:

mochuuu wrote:

ExMimic wrote:

Why shut down boards that have games coming soon, like Kingdom Hearts and Dragon Age? I don't visit these boards at all, I'm just curious.

Because we'd rather people share their Kingdom Hearts / Dragon Age / etc, thoughts on PlayStation General. 

PlayStation General is by far, the most trafficked spot on PS Community. So if you've got something you want to share about those games, make a thread on it here! That way it'll be seen by waaayyyyyy more people and have a more vibrant discussion. Otherwise, it will be tucked away where not many would see it. 

Although that would ensure that only people who really really like the series find that board, it's still buried. We want good conversations to live where the rest of the community is; so that there's more substance and more community discovery, etc, 

hope that makes sense. 

I knew I've been saving my Signature space for a reason. Smiley Wink Smiley Very Happy

I don't get it..  Smiley Frustrated

I'll simply add a link to my thread in my signature, so people can easily find the info.

Example for linking a thread in my Sig:

Click me to find out about getting into KZ: M Beta.

That way my post won't get lost on page 5, as people will see a link in my sig every time I post.

Message 22 of 152 (259 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8191 posts

Aug 17, 2013

UnrealButcher wrote:

FiveFourteen wrote:

UnrealButcher wrote:

mochuuu wrote:

ExMimic wrote:

hope that makes sense. 

I knew I've been saving my Signature space for a reason. Smiley Wink Smiley Very Happy

I don't get it..  Smiley Frustrated

I'll simply add a link to my thread in my signature, so people can easily find the info.

Example for linking a thread in my Sig:

Click me to find out about getting into KZ: M Beta.

That way my post won't get lost on page 5, as people will see a link in my sig.

You do know you can do that now right? Smiley Tongue

<a href="URL">Text/Image</a>

FiveFourteen
Ask FiveFourteen,Twitter,Google+
"I am passionate, vigilant, motivated, and I am proud to be a part of the PlayStation Community."
Message 23 of 152 (255 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13569 posts

Aug 17, 2013

What, what will happen to that list of forums listed? I'm confused!

And will this affect the All Stars forums in any bad way? It's still very active!

Message 24 of 152 (254 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
5643 posts

Aug 17, 2013

ossiecastro5 wrote:

What, what will happen to that list of forums listed? I'm confused! You will be able to read the from the forums listed, but you will be able to post to them anymore. Eventually they will be deleted completely.

And will this affect the All Stars forums in any bad way? It's still very active!  All Stars forum will remain. The All Stars Beta forum will be archived.

Consumer Services and Technical Support 1-800-345-7669
Mon - Fri, 8:00AM - 8:00PM PST

Live Chat
I don't work for Sony. Just a gamer helping others.
Message 25 of 152 (242 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
883 posts

Aug 17, 2013
Message 26 of 152 (231 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13569 posts

Aug 17, 2013

ExMimic wrote:

ossiecastro5 wrote:

What, what will happen to that list of forums listed? I'm confused! You will be able to read the from the forums listed, but you will be able to post to them anymore. Eventually they will be deleted completely.

And will this affect the All Stars forums in any bad way? It's still very active!  All Stars forum will remain. The All Stars Beta forum will be archived.

Wait, so they wont last anymore???

And what do you mean archived?

Message 27 of 152 (231 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1508 posts

Aug 17, 2013

FiveFourteen wrote:

Yeah, I know. I was just thinking with them getting rid of those areas, things might slip off the front page even faster. Smiley Wink

Message 28 of 152 (228 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8191 posts

Aug 17, 2013

ossiecastro5 wrote:

ExMimic wrote:

ossiecastro5 wrote:

Wait, so they wont last anymore???

And what do you mean archived?

Basically put in a vault for safe keeping Smiley Happy

FiveFourteen
"I am passionate, vigilant, motivated, and I am proud to be a part of the PlayStation Community."
Message 29 of 152 (228 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8191 posts

Aug 17, 2013

UnrealButcher wrote:

FiveFourteen wrote:

Yeah, I know. I was just thinking with them getting rid of those areas, things might slip off the front page even faster. Smiley Wink

True True. I am surprised I didn't think of that Smiley Tongue

FiveFourteen
Message 30 of 152 (224 Views)
0 Likes