SCEA
1489 posts

Re: PlayStation Community Forums Changes Incoming

OFFICIAL POST
Aug 16, 2013

da1writer wrote:

Thanks, this forums did get somewhat squashed when everything became 5 main topics, it's good to clean the house sometimes Smiley Wink!

oh, btw...

What about that PS4 sticky... kidding Smiley Wink!

Well; we're going to continue to 'squish' as evidenced by the archiving of several boards. so expect conversations to become a lot more centralized into one major PlayStation Gaming board. 

However, for our big 1st party titles like Uncharted, God of War, The Last of Us, Sound Shapes, etc; those will continue to have their own seperate boards. It makes sense that we, as PlayStation provide good community spots for our 1st party stuff. For the rest of the gaming discussions, we'd love to centralize those into one awesome area. This will happen over time, so expect more 'squishing'! but I think you'll find it'll make the community a more vibrant place to be. 

Message 11 of 152 (391 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8191 posts

Aug 16, 2013

mochuuu wrote:

FiveFourteen wrote:

Can't wait Smiley Tongue Can we get some previews? Smiley Happy

Just check back on Monday morning! To be more clear though, the minor visual changes will be live first thing Monday morning. The archiving of boards will take place shortly afterwards. 

mochuuu I can't.. I can't wait... I CAN'T WAIT! Smiley Tongue

FiveFourteen
Ask FiveFourteen,Twitter,Google+
"I am passionate, vigilant, motivated, and I am proud to be a part of the PlayStation Community."
Message 12 of 152 (390 Views)
0 Likes
SCEA
1489 posts

OFFICIAL POST
Aug 16, 2013

ExMimic wrote:

Why shut down boards that have games coming soon, like Kingdom Hearts and Dragon Age? I don't visit these boards at all, I'm just curious.

Can't wait for the UI changes.

Because we'd rather people share their Kingdom Hearts / Dragon Age / etc, thoughts on PlayStation General. 

PlayStation General is by far, the most trafficked spot on PS Community. So if you've got something you want to share about those games, make a thread on it here! That way it'll be seen by waaayyyyyy more people and have a more vibrant discussion. Otherwise, it will be tucked away where not many would see it. 

Although that would ensure that only people who really really like the series find that board, it's still buried. We want good conversations to live where the rest of the community is; so that there's more substance and more community discovery, etc, 

hope that makes sense. 

Message 13 of 152 (383 Views)
Wastelander
778 posts

Aug 16, 2013

RIP Tony Hawk section. THPS3/4/Underground 1 and 2 will always have my heart~

Nevertheless, I'm always down for improvements and clean ups.

Follow me!
Twitter Twitch
Message 14 of 152 (378 Views)
Gaming Beast
1916 posts

Aug 17, 2013

So I understand archiving boards for old games nobody talks about anymore, but why would you archive "series" boards for franchises that are getting new entries soon (eg. Dark Souls, Dragon Age, MGS, et al)?? Just so you can then re-create new ones when those games come out?

Message 15 of 152 (359 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1508 posts

Aug 17, 2013

mochuuu wrote:

ExMimic wrote:

Why shut down boards that have games coming soon, like Kingdom Hearts and Dragon Age? I don't visit these boards at all, I'm just curious.

Because we'd rather people share their Kingdom Hearts / Dragon Age / etc, thoughts on PlayStation General. 

PlayStation General is by far, the most trafficked spot on PS Community. So if you've got something you want to share about those games, make a thread on it here! That way it'll be seen by waaayyyyyy more people and have a more vibrant discussion. Otherwise, it will be tucked away where not many would see it. 

Although that would ensure that only people who really really like the series find that board, it's still buried. We want good conversations to live where the rest of the community is; so that there's more substance and more community discovery, etc, 

hope that makes sense. 

I knew I've been saving my Signature space for a reason. Smiley Wink Smiley Very Happy

Message 16 of 152 (358 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2629 posts

Aug 17, 2013

Can they get rid of the Home section and it's community please? lol.

Juli photo juli6.gif
Message 17 of 152 (349 Views)
Survivor
2374 posts

Aug 17, 2013
That's a lot of sections leaving, but I guess they aren't that populated anyways. Thanks for the head's up.
Message 18 of 152 (349 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8191 posts

Aug 17, 2013

UnrealButcher wrote:

mochuuu wrote:

ExMimic wrote:

hope that makes sense. 

I knew I've been saving my Signature space for a reason. Smiley Wink Smiley Very Happy

I don't get it..  Smiley Frustrated

FiveFourteen
Ask FiveFourteen,Twitter,Google+
"I am passionate, vigilant, motivated, and I am proud to be a part of the PlayStation Community."
Message 19 of 152 (348 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1916 posts

Aug 17, 2013

I guess this is yet another thing Valve does better than Sony - every single game on Steam has its own forum/discussion, even games that are no longer sold on Steam that very few people have.

Does Sony need some database help? Because I used to be a SQL administrator.

Message 20 of 152 (345 Views)
0 Likes