[ Edited ]
Apr 30, 2015

Message 91 of 152 (234 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13569 posts

Re: PlayStation Community Forums Changes Incoming

Aug 19, 2013

Question: If a new surge of fans come from a new game in one of the series that is losing their forum, will another forum for that lost series be remade? 

Just a suggestion. Some of the series of these forums will get new games soon and it might prompt the posability of a new forum.

Message 92 of 152 (227 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13633 posts

Aug 19, 2013
Looking over the list, it looks like nearly all the forums being archived are either dead, or are multiplats.

I wonder if something happened between Sony and the multiplat devs, especially those behind Metal Gear and Kingdom Hearts, and then there's the EA games forums being closed...I have a feeling something is up; maybe the devs are trying to get people on their forums and are pushing Sony to help them. Maybe Sony doesn't want to deal with as many multiplat forums anymore, especially those with their own forums. Who knows? But I'm sure there's an interesting reason behind this.

As for dead forums...yeah, dead forums need to be archived. When there is little traffic, or only really any traffic from a few dedicated regulars, the forum is dead and should be up for archiving. And beta forums...they should be archived after the beta ends and not left to sit around for a long time.
Message 93 of 152 (220 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13569 posts

Aug 19, 2013

PhoenixArcher128 wrote:
Looking over the list, it looks like nearly all the forums being archived are either dead, or are multiplats.

I wonder if something happened between Sony and the multiplat devs, especially those behind Metal Gear and Kingdom Hearts, and then there's the EA games forums being closed...I have a feeling something is up; maybe the devs are trying to get people on their forums and are pushing Sony to help them. Maybe Sony doesn't want to deal with as many multiplat forums anymore, especially those with their own forums. Who knows? But I'm sure there's an interesting reason behind this.

As for dead forums...yeah, dead forums need to be archived. When there is little traffic, or only really any traffic from a few dedicated regulars, the forum is dead and should be up for archiving. And beta forums...they should be archived after the beta ends and not left to sit around for a long time.

Kingdom Hearts is having a Playstation exclusive next month. Plus, Sony and Square Enix seem to have great ties together when it comes to giving away free games on Plus.  Smiley Very Happy

Message 94 of 152 (202 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1006 posts

Aug 19, 2013

I guess it's good to organize the forums a bit, thanks for the heads up. 

"There are no atheists in the 85th minute" - Teju Cole
Message 95 of 152 (199 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7613 posts

Re:

[ Edited ]
Apr 30, 2015

Message 96 of 152 (184 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
34148 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 19, 2013

PhoenixArcher128 wrote:

then about 80% of the forum needs to be closed down.

there are forums not listed on the list of closures that have less traffic than ones listed.

just an example, the Batman Arkham Series forum. no reason to keep that open if they are closing the MGS forum.

Message 97 of 152 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13292 posts

Aug 19, 2013
Stop being mad se.
Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Thanks Saviorsixtysix for the sig
Message 98 of 152 (166 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
34148 posts

Aug 19, 2013

ToXiC_Skiils wrote:
Stop being mad se.

no, i have all the right to be.

that forum is where i met some great friends and have talked to them there over the past 7 years. we go there to talk about a video game series we all love. removing the forum dooms all of that.

they expect people to just make topics in one of the General forums, that **bleep** doesnt work for big series like MGS. theres a lot of things to talk about with MGS and making topics in the General forum will end up with them being buried before any of the MGS fans can see them. there are also multiple things to discuss that warrant multiple topics.

the point of dedicated forums is so fans of the game series can go to said forum ensuring they will find discussions of that game. removing dedicated game forums and expecting people to all post in the same forum will create chaos and clutter.

Message 99 of 152 (160 Views)
I Only Post Everything
926 posts

Aug 19, 2013
I think the worst part of the forum closures is that by moving everything to the general discussion forum, unless your post gets an answer within a few minutes of being posted, it will likely be pushed off of the first page and then into forum oblivion where nobody will see it. This will make getting answers to game/series specific questions more difficult for people since the majority of people who are on forums will only peruse the first page and won't dig through to other pages. It's just human nature.

So I hope the moderators here are ready to deal with troll posts and repeated postings of the same exact question over and over again as people repeat their same post trying to get a response before it gets pushed off of the main page.
Message 100 of 152 (145 Views)