Hey PlayStation Community,
We’re going to be making a few changes to the forums in our continuing quest to make this space the best place for the PlayStation Community to talk about, well whatever you guys want to talk about!
The changes will be live on Monday, 8/19 at midnight, PST
Here’s the breakdown of what we’re doing.
User Interface Changes
- Minor changes to the main navigation buttons on the main PS Community page (http://community.us.playstation.com/) as well as the navigation buttons around the forums so they’re not as bulky.
- Adding new Official Game Communities to the front page. (Sound Shapes, Killzone, and Dust 514)
- Changing the layout of the ‘Games’ page to be more cleaner with nice shiny buttons for genres and the Official Game Communities.
- Archiving some of the older boards with low activity. Here is the complete list of sub-forums we will be archiving (you can still access these sub-forums in a read-only state and we welcome you to continue to discuss these games in PlayStation General). It’s important to note however, that at some point in the near future, these archived boards will no longer be accessible.
- Burnout Series
- Buzz! Games
- Dance Dance Revolution
- Dark Souls
- Dead Space Series
- Demon's Souls
- Devil May Cry Series
- Dragon Age Series
- Escape Plan
- Deus Ex Series
- Eternal Sonata
- Eye of Judgment
- Fallout Series
- Fight Night Series
- Final Fantasy XI (PS2)
- Guitar Hero
- Journey Beta
- Kingdom Hearts Series
- LittleBigPlanet Karting Beta
- LittleBigPlanet™ PlayStation® Vita Beta
- Madden Series
- Mass Effect
- Medal of Honor Series
- Metal Gear Solid Series
- Monster Hunter Series
- Need For Speed Series
- Ninja Gaiden Sigma Series
- Ni No Kuni
- Pain (PS3)
- PlayStation All Stars Beta
- Red Dead Series
- Resident Evil Series
- Ridge Racer Series
- Rock Band
- Silent Hill Series
- Star Wars Series
- Street Fighter Series
- Tomb Raider General
- Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas (PS3)
- Tony Hawk Series
- Unreal Tournament 3 (PS3)
- White Knight Chronicles Series
We will be reviewing additional sub forums to close down in the near future. We know some of you may feel strongly about the decision to archive these boards, but our goal is to host conversations in areas with the highest amount of community activity. As always, we’d love your feedback on these changes, so please share your thoughts with us in this thread.
Support Section Changes
- Adding a “Featured Support Thread” module to the Support area. This will automatically take populate with any “Floated” threads that we are actively managing across the various teams at PlayStation, and place it in this module.
So with that, let us know your thoughts on these changes! If there are any other suggestions you have for further PlayStation Community forums improvements, would love to hear them.
Should we be expecting downtime prior to the changes?
Imperator Danknovaxperaux Divi filius Imp XIII Pont Max Trib Pot XLIX Cos CXVI Primus Signiferi Box-xy Princeps Moderatores Pater Forum
Thanks, this forums did get somewhat squashed when everything became 5 main topics, it's good to clean the house sometimes !
What about that PS4 sticky... kidding !
NEW? Read First! | Everything About PS4 Pro So Far | PlayStation VR : Everything About it so Far | [GUIDE] Improve Your DS4 Battery Life | [Tutorial] Swap Stock HD & Install New One in PS4 | My PlayStation Gold Headsets Review | INFO Threads : What I've Helped With and Create |
Can't wait Can we get some previews?
Just check back on Monday morning! To be more clear though, the minor visual changes will be live first thing Monday morning. The archiving of boards will take place shortly afterwards.
Why shut down boards that have games coming soon, like Kingdom Hearts and Dragon Age? I don't visit these boards at all, I'm just curious.
Can't wait for the UI changes.
Mon - Fri, 8:00AM - 8:00PM PST
I don't work for Sony. Just a gamer helping others.