MVP Support
12527 posts

Re: PlayStation® Community Forum Ranks

[ Edited ]
Sep 1, 2013

I will post what I usually post when people ask about extremely detailed forum rank information (e.g., structure and order):

The rank structure in the PlayStation Community Forums is for you to discover through your continued participation in these forums and not something to be known in advance. What fun would it be to know the ranks in a forum or their requirements before posting in it for a while? 

I wouldn’t mind giving you some information about some of the special forum ranks that you might stumble across in the forums but this thread goes far beyond that. You are essentially spoiling the experience of ranking up here for other people and this is rather disappointing (to say the least).

PlayStation Consumer Services and Technical Support: 1-800-345-7669

PlayStation Account and Billing Support: 1-877-971-7669

Twitter: @Sweet13Poison | YouTube: Sweetest13Poison | Twitch: Sweet13Poison

Message 61 of 107 (433 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
8191 posts

Aug 31, 2013

SweetPoison13 wrote:

I will post what I usually post when people ask about extremely detailed forum rank information (e.g., structure and order):

The rank structure in the PlayStation Community Forums is for you to discover through your continued participation in these forums and not something to be known in advance. What fun would it be to know the ranks in a forum or their requirements before posting in it for a while? 

I wouldn’t mind giving you some information about some of the special forum ranks that you might stumble across but this thread goes far beyond that, FiveFourteen. You are essentially spoiling the experience of ranking up here and this is rather disappointing (to say the least).

I agree, but if you would not like to know the ranks. Just simply do not look at the thread. Smiley Happy

Will put everything in a spoiler for you.

FiveFourteen
Ask FiveFourteen,Twitter,Google+
"I am passionate, vigilant, motivated, and I am proud to be a part of the PlayStation Community."
Message 62 of 107 (426 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12527 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 31, 2013

Doppelgangergang wrote:
Did something change? Back years ago, someone "spoiling" the ranks would have his/her thread removed and account banned if I remember right. I just didn't see a "rank list" like this on the forums... Like... Ever.

(Exception is before the Lithium-Jive switchover, where a mod posted the rank list because it is going to get removed. Every rank had different colors back then.)

There is a lot of truth to this so I don’t know what will happen to this thread. In general, people should not be trying to spoil the forum rank structure for others. There are reasons why there are no detailed FAQs about how to rank up in the forums or the order of this forum’s current rank structure.

FiveFourteen wrote:

Here are the old ranks supplied by, the_original_se

SNIP

Posting about forum rank structures that are no longer in operation is a bit different than posting ones that are...

PlayStation Consumer Services and Technical Support: 1-800-345-7669

PlayStation Account and Billing Support: 1-877-971-7669

Twitter: @Sweet13Poison | YouTube: Sweetest13Poison | Twitch: Sweet13Poison

Message 63 of 107 (424 Views)
I Only Post Everything
795 posts

Aug 31, 2013

Welp.. if the user ranks is just post counts then thats just bleh.

Hmm.. last one seems to have to have a 100,000 plus post count. <--- Course I don't know for sure

Message 64 of 107 (394 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
255 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 31, 2013

was just reading and i have to agree with afew people, and from what ive been told by those i will not name that the ranks of forum are strictly NON public, spoiler or not they are not to be posted for public view, as well while i am an artistic person i dont believe these, randomly special ranks for very unique 1 thread events are necassary and just deminish the set ranks for forums, all the game specific ranks can stay with the game they associate with while in general forums it would be wise to show the generic set made by forum developers.. on a side not reason i would like to see these uniquely special ranks removed because some (not all) have themselves given the rank just so they have it, not because of some specific thread, yes they post in the thread but certainly do not act the part.. example being in the "Welcome Commitee" thread and being part of the group may get u the rank being unwelcoming to those whos ideas dnt agree with yours is.. well obvious that said person isnt at all welcoming, as well the "Gold Trophy Hunting" rank is too braod yea kk so we all have gold trophies so everyone should have the rank.. well no that rank is quite useless cuz it wouldnt divide people by their participation.. plat trophy hunter would be abit more..defined and meaningful...

Club Leader of Dirty Angels... Home's Only Adult Burlesque Club :3

“The body is meant to be seen, not all covered up.” by Marilyn Monroe
Message 65 of 107 (367 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
255 posts

Aug 31, 2013

and another thing about forum posts i repeat everywhere, yes it is spamming if u post meaningless posts that have no knowledgeable information or is meant to just derail a thread.. so the alphabet thread as example is well just spamming from a to z.. im on everyday but nto everyday do i post something, my opinion isnt liked but its there when its needed or if i have something to say..

Club Leader of Dirty Angels... Home's Only Adult Burlesque Club :3

“The body is meant to be seen, not all covered up.” by Marilyn Monroe
Message 66 of 107 (360 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4550 posts

Aug 31, 2013

Divy_Dragon wrote:

and another thing about forum posts i repeat everywhere, yes it is spamming if u post meaningless posts that have no knowledgeable information or is meant to just derail a thread.. so the alphabet thread as example is well just spamming from a to z.. im on everyday but nto everyday do i post something, my opinion isnt liked but its there when its needed or if i have something to say..

so can i join your home strip club now?

<

photo evolve_zps9e0e8f3e.jpg

Welcoming Committee   

Message 67 of 107 (347 Views)
VP of Gaming
31255 posts

Aug 31, 2013

Divy_Dragon wrote:

was just reading and i have to agree with afew people, and from what ive been told by those i will not name that the ranks of forum are strictly NON public, spoiler or not they are not to be posted for public view, as well while i am an artistic person i dont believe these, randomly special ranks for very unique 1 thread events are necassary and just deminish the set ranks for forums, all the game specific ranks can stay with the game they associate with while in general forums it would be wise to show the generic set made by forum developers.. on a side not reason i would like to see these uniquely special ranks removed because some (not all) have themselves given the rank just so they have it, not because of some specific thread, yes they post in the thread but certainly do not act the part.. example being in the "Welcome Commitee" thread and being part of the group may get u the rank being unwelcoming to those whos ideas dnt agree with yours is.. well obvious that said person isnt at all welcoming, as well the "Gold Trophy Hunting" rank is too braod yea kk so we all have gold trophies so everyone should have the rank.. well no that rank is quite useless cuz it wouldnt divide people by their participation.. plat trophy hunter would be abit more..defined and meaningful...

First, please separate your wall of text into paragraphs so it'll be easier for everyone else to read and understand your points 

Second, you don't understand where the Gold Trophy Hunter rank comes from and how you get it. Read this and learn what the rank is for before you call it useless.

Message 68 of 107 (343 Views)
VP of Gaming
34149 posts

Aug 31, 2013

userusb wrote:

FiveFourteen wrote:

userusb wrote:
Who has the Platinum rank? Smiley Surprised
Platinumshungokusatsu
Platinum

tumblr_m6m12zzoev1qjemo2o1_250.gif

Spoiler

To the idea of having 72000 posts without any sort of inflation Smiley Happy

he was an old forum admin, it was his job to post. Smiley Tongue

Message 69 of 107 (338 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9662 posts

Aug 31, 2013

FiveFourteen wrote:

Here is a list of all the Forum Ranks I could find Smiley Happy 

If you know of any or can find some more delicious ranks please inform!

How can you obtain some of these ranks? The first set are the shields. Those can be obtained by anyone and everyone from post count, amount of kudos earned, and things in that nature.

The second set is for moderators and developers. Those can only be obtained by special god-like individuals Smiley Tongue

The third set are special ranks given to a select number of people and sometimes only one person at a time through contests or certain community programs. Smiley Surprised

MVP & Welcoming Committe are given to those who are in the particular program.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Forum-Frequently-Asked-Questions/Welcoming-Committee-v-2-0/td...

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Forum-Frequently-Asked-Questions/Who-Are-the-PlayStation-MVPs...

Cannon Fodder

Monster Hunter

Splicer

Lombax Warrior

Grease Monkey

Sackboy

Wastelander

I Only Post Everything

Uncharted Territory

Gaming Beast

Survivor

Fender Bender

Treasure Hunter

Origami Killer

Keyblade Wielder

Last Guardian

Umbrella Scientist

Ghost of Sparta

Big Daddy

Limit Breaker

Final Boss

VP of Gaming

Shinra Executive

Platinum

I don't think anybody except teh mods would know this Smiley Surprised

Possibly more?

Digital Platforms Moderator Moderator

Official Voice of Capcom Developer

MVP

Welcoming Committee

Trivia Buff

Home Braniac

Grand Theft Forum

Top Scoring Starhawker

Starhawk Legend

Classic

Golden Chocobo 

Trophy_Gold2_44x44.png Golden Trophy Hunter

Trophy_Silver2_44x44.png Silver Trophy Hunter

Trophy_Bronze2_44x44.png Bronze Trophy Hunter

Poster of the Week

FOXHOUND Soldier

Strange Relic

Look for the Light

Death Dealer 

Captures the Flag Captures the Flag

PistoI Proficianado PistoI Proficianado

Naughty Paw Naughty Paw

[ I don't think this rank has a emblem ]     Record breaker

Ophiocordyceps unilateralis

Ellie Cosplayer

GT Gold

GT Silver

GT Bronze

My search is over now. I was going nuts trying to see what my rank was. Thanks so much op.
Message 70 of 107 (334 Views)
0 Likes