Uncharted Territory
1994 posts

Re: PlayStation Community Forum Changes Coming Next Week

[ Edited ]
Jan 19, 2014

*sigh* I use a different forum for 2 weeks and I forget THE PM ISN'T IN THE CORNER OF THE POST. (I mean well) (ehhh i accidentally overwrote my "copy" for the copy and paste tool. Not willing to write that again... AHHHHH.... @FreshRevenge , did you get the email alert?...)

I apologize for that T-T anyone mind deleting this post? I don't think I have that ability.

then again maybe I can use this opportunity to  ask another question.

Is this newcomer friendly? Will they be able to get the hang of what they are doing? I feel this can potentially come off as..... "lazily made" to some people. I mean they may think "aw man, they don't even have BOARDS for the most of the games? Do they even take pride in their work?" or "Why is it the exlusives only get boards?". This might not be major, but maybe something to think about? I often bring up small things so... maybe not.

gamefreak2.jpg

Message 71 of 304 (252 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
38840 posts

Jan 19, 2014

the gta forums are not on that list

is it a typo or something

Message 72 of 304 (229 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1405 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 19, 2014

I've stayed off the forums for 1yr now....

Mainly due to the fact Sony's twitter representatives promised that @askplaystation would be in touch with me in regards making a dedicated section for FFXIV:ARR players who are loyal to the Playstation brand... never happened.

Then I find out that the forums have FFXIV:ARR threads split among two seperate sections on the PlayStation forums.

Everytime I would reach out to PlayStation support nothing was done and everything was ignored to help draw Playstation loyalist to the forums...

When myself and others tried to ask for a dedicated section MVP's were quick to squash the idea going so far into insulting FFXIV:ARR players.

If you want to make this a place for gamers first remember that gamers cover a wide genre of games on the PlayStation.

You want people to come here don't continue to give all the decision power to the MVP group and have a check and balance system in place.... make the forums a equal place for gamers to meet - not a one side power dominated area.

Back when the last forum setup was in place I had advised that it would keep gamers and users away and I was proven right.  Sony went and did the right thing to bring the gamer community back and went back to Lithium.

Most Valuable Players are the gamers who buy the product and stay loyal to the brand for the belief they love the brand and those are the ones feedback should be looked at thoughtfully. 

With the PS4 beta test coming out and the PSVita crossplay features you should really consider these facts from a PR side at the Manager level...

The changes you talk about are new and different but give the sense that the forums are going to be designed for the hardcore die hard players and ignore all other types. 

In the end you may end up just causing a larger base to be alienated by focus's on "Compete", "Valuable", etc...

Till Next Year!

From a decision by Sony to move away from Community to focus on Competition...

To a forum that was on its way to repairing itself in a focus on Community.. now having trolls protected if they help generate site hits..

To the world of HOME being kept in the dark when so many developers have left already...

A concept focused on profits and Competition have another name in the world of Pro-Community- RIP!

May the trolls, drama makers and competitive personas find joy in Sony - I'll do like soo many others and just move on.

Kitty Pyra - Career and Online life ended officially 2014
Message 73 of 304 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11298 posts

Jan 19, 2014
Oh and a few sections doesn't have that blue line to separate the post from your sig, sections like the Uncharted and The Last of Us ones.
Message 74 of 304 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
38840 posts

Jan 19, 2014

did you guys forget to add grand theft auto to the list??

After this change, the following boards will remain:

-          PlayStation General

-          Support

-          Off-Topic

-          God of War

-          The Last of Us

-          PlayStation All Stars

-          Sound Shapes

-          LittleBigPlanet

-          PlayStation Home

-          Uncharted

-          Gran Turismo

-          Blacklight Retribution (Zombie Studios)

Message 75 of 304 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Jan 19, 2014
They didn't, because GTA is going.
Message 76 of 304 (185 Views)
Fender Bender
2709 posts

Jan 19, 2014

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

did you guys forget to add grand theft auto to the list??

-          Support

-          Off-Topic

-          God of War

-          Sound Shapes

-          Uncharted

-          Gran Turismo

they didnt' here is why.

mochuuu wrote:

Closing All 1st and 3rd Party Forums that don’t have an Official Community Manager presence

We’re focusing on creating the best place to discuss games from our 1st Party World Wide Studios like Naughty Dog (creators of games like The Last of Us), Santa Monica Studios (creators of games like God of War), and more, while also offering up a new community structure that enables you to find fellow gamers who are interested in all the other awesome games from our friends across the 3rd party landscape. The issue now is that not every game has its own board, and for those that do, new members of the community are confused on where they should be posting conversations on those games.

To make things cleaner, and providing a community platform with tons of great content, we will be closing 3rd party sub forums as well as genres, however third party boards with official community management presence will remain, and we will create more dedicated sub-forums if and when developers request their creation and commit to maintaining a presence within.

Message 77 of 304 (183 Views)
MVP Support
12506 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 19, 2014

Kitty_Pyra wrote:

I've stayed off the forums for 1yr now....

Mainly due to the fact Sony's twitter representatives promised that @askplaystation would be in touch with me in regards making a dedicated section for FFXIV:ARR players who are loyal to the Playstation brand... never happened.

Then I find out that the forums have FFXIV:ARR threads split among two seperate sections on the PlayStation forums.

Everytime I would reach out to PlayStation support nothing was done and everything was ignored to help draw Playstation loyalist to the forums...

When myself and others tried to ask for a dedicated section MVP's were quick to squash the idea going so far into insulting FFXIV:ARR players.

If you want to make this a place for gamers first remember that gamers cover a wide genre of games on the PlayStation.

You want people to come here don't continue to give all the decision power to the MVP group and have a check and balance system in place.... make the forums a equal place for gamers to meet - not a one side power dominated area.

Back when the last forum setup was in place I had advised that it would keep gamers and users away and I was proven right.  Sony went and did the right thing to bring the gamer community back and went back to Lithium.

Most Valuable Players are the gamers who buy the product and stay loyal to the brand for the belief they love the brand and those are the ones feedback should be looked at thoughtfully. 

With the PS4 beta test coming out and the PSVita crossplay features you should really consider these facts from a PR side at the Manager level...

The changes you talk about are new and different but give the sense that the forums are going to be designed for the hardcore die hard players and ignore all other types. 

In the end you may end up just causing a larger base to be alienated by focus's on "Compete", "Valuable", etc...

Till Next Year!

Do not blame the PlayStation MVPs for the decisions that SCE make. If the PlayStation MVPs had any decision-making power in the PlayStation Forums then we would have never had a Lithium-to-Jive transition. I cannot think of a single PlayStation MVP who supported this transition. I'm also getting the impression that some PlayStation MVPs might not be happy about these upcoming forum changes either. This is just something to keep in mind the next time you want to blame the PlayStation MVPs (as a whole) for anything in particular. They only ever seem to look out for their communities.

PlayStation Consumer Services and Technical Support: 1-800-345-7669

PlayStation Account and Billing Support: 1-877-971-7669

Twitter: @Sweet13Poison | YouTube: Sweetest13Poison | Twitch: Sweet13Poison

Message 78 of 304 (172 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1668 posts

Jan 19, 2014
I'm still a little confused on how this will be organized, but I'm sure I'll understand it just fine once the update rolls out.

Question, will the sub-sections in the "Games" section be removed such as Role-Playing, Sports, etc.?
Message 79 of 304 (163 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12506 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 19, 2014

Unclear_Motive wrote:
I'm still a little confused on how this will be organized, but I'm sure I'll understand it just fine once the update rolls out.

Question, will the sub-sections in the "Games" section be removed such as Role-Playing, Sports, etc.?

They will be closing the game genre sections (e.g., Action/Adventure, Fighting, Music, Racing, Role Playing, Shooter, Sports, and Survival/Action).  

mochuuu wrote:

SNIP

Closing All 1st and 3rd Party Forums that don’t have an Official Community Manager presence

We’re focusing on creating the best place to discuss games from our 1st Party World Wide Studios like Naughty Dog (creators of games like The Last of Us), Santa Monica Studios (creators of games like God of War), and more, while also offering up a new community structure that enables you to find fellow gamers who are interested in all the other awesome games from our friends across the 3rd party landscape. The issue now is that not every game has its own board, and for those that do, new members of the community are confused on where they should be posting conversations on those games.

To make things cleaner, and providing a community platform with tons of great content, we will be closing 3rd party sub forums as well as genres, however third party boards with official community management presence will remain, and we will create more dedicated sub-forums if and when developers request their creation and commit to maintaining a presence within.

-          Support

-          Off-Topic

-          God of War

-          Sound Shapes

-          Uncharted

-          Gran Turismo

These changes will start on 1/21 and be completed on 1/23.

To offset this major change, we’re implementing new functionality to the PlayStation General board to help you find the types of conversations you want (see below for more info on this).

SNIP

PlayStation Consumer Services and Technical Support: 1-800-345-7669

PlayStation Account and Billing Support: 1-877-971-7669

Twitter: @Sweet13Poison | YouTube: Sweetest13Poison | Twitch: Sweet13Poison

Message 80 of 304 (161 Views)
0 Likes