Reply
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 05/27/2010
Online
13132 posts
 

Re: PlayStation Community Forum Changes Coming Next Week

Jan 18, 2014
Can you guys make it so mobile users don't have to hit playstation general or off topic twice to go there

We have to hit forums, playstation general, playstation general to go to playstation general
Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Thanks Saviorsixtysix for the sig
Message 61 of 304 (324 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 01/27/2012
Online
3317 posts
 

Re: PlayStation Community Forum Changes Coming Next Week

Jan 18, 2014

ToXiC_Skiils wrote:
Can you guys make it so mobile users don't have to hit playstation general or off topic twice to go there

We have to hit forums, playstation general, playstation general to go to playstation general

I don't even use a mobile device but isn't there a way you can bookmark that section? like in favorites or something,might not be able to but just a suggestion.

 

Just seems as advanced as these things are they should have that ability.

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Message 62 of 304 (314 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 12/27/2010
Offline
449 posts
 

Re: PlayStation Community Forum Changes Coming Next Week

Jan 18, 2014

KANE-FIRE wrote:

Feedback? i know a lot of these things won't happen but might as well suggest then

 

Custom colored ranks=Bring back ranks with special colors like when people won contest etc.Having custom colors makes the MVP's stand out more a lot of people were not happy with that change.I think the reason why the MVP's were confused as moderators was because their name color was almost the same.If they bring back custom colored ranks just make the MVP's a specific color and not similar to the one's our moderators or community managers and have an exclusive color for all special ranks if they don't want a lot of confusion.

 

Custom avatars=Seriously the EU forums have custom avatars why cannot we have then here as well?

 

More signature space=The amount of signature space we have here is very limited that i have to resize my signature.More signature space would be nice.


Yes. PleaseSmiley Sad

Message 63 of 304 (306 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 08/18/2012
Offline
4550 posts
 

Re: PlayStation Community Forum Changes Coming Next Week

Jan 18, 2014

FUNimation3 wrote:

KANE-FIRE wrote:

Feedback? I know a lot of these things won't happen but might as well suggest then

 

Custom colored ranks=Bring back ranks with special colors like when people won contest etc.Having custom colors makes the MVP's stand out more a lot of people were not happy with that change.I think the reason why the MVP's were confused as moderators was because their name color was almost the same.If they bring back custom colored ranks just make the MVP's a specific color and not similar to the one's our moderators or community managers and have an exclusive color for all special ranks if they don't want a lot of confusion.

 

Custom avatars=Seriously the EU forums have custom avatars why cannot we have then here as well?

 

More signature space=The amount of signature space we have here is very limited that I have to resize my signature.More signature space would be nice.


Yes. PleaseSmiley Sad


Hell yeah. It would be great in the forum change about signature space. Preferably, 500 x 250 would work out well, allowing us to have links with our photos in a signature. It would also be great if we could choose to have our signature alligned left, center, and right as well. 


<

         photo evolve_zps9e0e8f3e.jpg

                                                 Welcoming Committee   

Message 64 of 304 (299 Views)
MVP Support
Registered: 05/22/2013
Offline
13843 posts
 

Re: PlayStation Community Forum Changes Coming Next Week

Jan 18, 2014

King_xO-AsSaSSin wrote:

FUNimation3 wrote:

KANE-FIRE wrote:

Feedback? I know a lot of these things won't happen but might as well suggest then

 

Custom colored ranks=Bring back ranks with special colors like when people won contest etc.Having custom colors makes the MVP's stand out more a lot of people were not happy with that change.I think the reason why the MVP's were confused as moderators was because their name color was almost the same.If they bring back custom colored ranks just make the MVP's a specific color and not similar to the one's our moderators or community managers and have an exclusive color for all special ranks if they don't want a lot of confusion.

 

Custom avatars=Seriously the EU forums have custom avatars why cannot we have then here as well?

 

More signature space=The amount of signature space we have here is very limited that I have to resize my signature.More signature space would be nice.


Yes. PleaseSmiley Sad


Hell yeah. It would be great in the forum change about signature space. Preferably, 500 x 250 would work out well, allowing us to have links with our photos in a signature. It would also be great if we could choose to have our signature alligned left, center, and right as well. 




That sounds like a plausible idea, both for the signatures and the placement of them. Letting people be able to choose how they're aligned, instead of only having one static option.

smdedspace2.png


Smiley HappyRobot Happy/FAQ and Rules & Conduct//FAQ about reports/Forum Team info/Robot Very Happy/WC Forum Resources/ PSN friends thread/Life and Gaming -- My blog

Playstation customer support numbers: 1-877-971-7669 (for billing and Playstation Network); 1-800-345-7669 (for technical support)
Message 65 of 304 (293 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 01/07/2014
Offline
13 posts
 

Re: PlayStation Community Forum Changes Coming Next Week

Jan 18, 2014

This sounds very interesting.Smiley Frustrated

Play games too " RELAX "
Message 66 of 304 (287 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
Registered: 02/15/2003
Online
28563 posts
 

Re: PlayStation Community Forum Changes Coming Next Week

Jan 19, 2014

I love it. The dog is finally learning to bite.

 

And I agree with removing forums that have no official representation. And if we want, we can always search for an official external forum.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 67 of 304 (253 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 07/30/2007
Offline
3979 posts
 

Re: PlayStation Community Forum Changes Coming Next Week

[ Edited ]
Jan 19, 2014
The dreaded forum change. Sigh. I've been dreading it since it was brought to our attention. I suppose there's a small chance that the transition will be for the better, but the label system had better work flawlessly, moderation badly needs to be stepped up, and please bring back the mobile toolbar. Closing boards is only a good idea when boards are inactive, IMHO. I really hope the label system works, because if it doesn't, the ps general board will be total chaos. There had better be labels for every genre, as well as every major game that would have had a board otherwise, and labels had better be mandatory. Moderation had better ensure that everything is labeled correctly, and there needs to be some kind of tutorial on how to use the label system. I disagree with the criteria for a game to get its own board, because there are plenty of popular third party games too.

I will reserve my judgment for when the changes finally hit, and I can see them for myself, but I really hope we don't have a repeat of the Jive days. We lost a lot of great users back then, and I'm sure we'll lose at least a few more. As I've said numerous times before, I really hope you guys know what you're doing, and that you see some kind of silver lining that I missed, because I really want to believe that you know what's best for the community, but it's hard for me at the moment, given the current circumstances. At best, the forum will continue to function just fine, and my doubts will have been misguided, but at worst, we'll have another forum apocalypse, and I don't know if this community will bounce back again from something that terrible.
Message 68 of 304 (237 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 12/29/2003
Online
12492 posts
 

Re: PlayStation Community Forum Changes Coming Next Week

Jan 19, 2014

mochuuu wrote:

SNIP

 

Introduction of Labels

 

To assist our community in finding content that is relevant to your interests, we will offer you a new feature called “Labels” in the PlayStation General forum.

 

You can actually use them right now. In the new changes though, Labels will be a pre-determined descriptor that only the creator of a thread can apply to their thread. When you create a thread, you’ll be asked to select a Label type:

 

Games & Platforms (only PlayStation CMs and MVPs will be able to utilize this Label)

Feedback & Ideas

Debate & Opinion

Events & Activities We decided to change this to "Compete & Connect"

News & Announcement

Ask the Community

 

You’ll be able to sort conversations in PlayStation General board by clicking on the Labels so you can browse the conversation types that you’re interested in. This will be an evolving function and we’re looking forward to getting your feedback on this new feature.

 

Labels will be in effect starting on 1/21 and will be continually evolving from there. I'll have a seperate post on Labels on Tueday 1/21. 

 


 

Why did you do this? It’s bad enough that some people mistake game nights for tournaments. Not everything is a competition.

PlayStation Consumer Services and Technical Support: 1-800-345-7669

PlayStation Account and Billing Support: 1-877-971-7669

Twitter: @Sweet13Poison | YouTube: Sweetest13Poison | Twitch: Sweet13Poison

Message 69 of 304 (186 Views)
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 01/19/2013
Offline
1990 posts
 

Re: PlayStation Community Forum Changes Coming Next Week

[ Edited ]
Jan 19, 2014

While I do not like change, I do appreciate the potential of it. Although some or many people may leave because of these changes... I feel it could end up worth it! I hope you guys do well!

I have some questions though...

So if I want to talk about .. I don't know.. Street Fighter, then I type in "street fighter" as a label to aid my search. The search list, can actually be considered a board of "street figher." There is no thread that pops up just because the words "street fighter" are there so yeah this should work assuming its purely focusing on tags.

Because of this, I can find threads faster (if they exist), and keep things fast and efficient. Traveling from one board to another is suddenly much easier.

But... what happens to threads that deserve to be stickied? Does it automatically stick to anything "streetfighter?". What If I find a thread that is labeled under 5 games (tags) (I'm going to an extreme), would I end up with stickies from 5 different tags? I recall you saying the genre generals are going to be removed, so... either some topics won't be able to be done or this may be a problem for the sake of clutter?... UNLESS... you have a drop system like how the spoiler option works on threads? It can be labeled "Street Fighter Stickies" or something. It'll save a ton of room!

I don't know exactly what your vision is, I'm sure I will understand it with a visual. If I am misunderstanding some information, please do correct me.

gamefreak2.jpg

Message 70 of 304 (178 Views)
Reply
0 Likes