Sackboy
464 posts

Re: PlayStation Community Forum Changes Coming Next Week

Jan 17, 2014

I understand the not allowing personal avatars because of inappropriate avatars, but I still think they should allow them IF the mods first monitor them and decide if it's appropriate or not. In other words you would be able to add your own, but the mods have to approve them first. That would be cool.

photo giphydgd.gif
"Hey look a PS4 for sale! Quick someone get it before it's sold!!"
Message 51 of 304 (395 Views)
0 Likes
SIEA
1490 posts

Jan 18, 2014

CradleOfFish wrote:

I understand the not allowing personal avatars because of inappropriate avatars, but I still think they should allow them IF the mods first monitor them and decide if it's appropriate or not. In other words you would be able to add your own, but the mods have to approve them first. That would be cool.

We're not opposed to allowing custom avatars, but there's something in the tech involved with doing the PSN logins that makes it tough. 

We want these forums to be official for PlayStation users and that means using the PSN login as we'll be working with more stuff associated with your activity here for more awesome stuff across the PlayStation ecosystem. So for now, we have to keep the avatars associated with your PlayStation avatar. 

Message 52 of 304 (385 Views)
VP of Gaming
34138 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 18, 2014

mochuuu wrote:

CradleOfFish wrote:

We're not opposed to allowing custom avatars, but there's something in the tech involved with doing the PSN logins that makes it tough. 

We want these forums to be official for PlayStation users and that means using the PSN login as we'll be working with more stuff associated with your activity here for more awesome stuff across the PlayStation ecosystem. So for now, we have to keep the avatars associated with your PlayStation avatar. 

why not ask the EU forums what they did?

they have PSN logins and have custom avatars.

Message 53 of 304 (379 Views)
SIEA
1490 posts

Jan 18, 2014

MADDENKING1980 wrote:
I'm a little torn about this update, first off I'm sad to see the game forums being removed, the SOCOM forums was one of the first and at one point the most active Sony forum. What will happen with all of the old posts on the forums being removed? Will those posts be archived?

I am also somewhat excited about the change because the last two major updates (first when we left Lithium, and then when we came back to Lithium) never improved the forums, I felt those updates was a step back. I would like to see the update get us back to the good old days (with some nice updates Smiley Happy).

Finally, I would plea that you do not bring back colored names for MVP's. The main reason is because it is very confusing to new members. When they have special colored names (like the mods) it makes them look like Sony employees. Sometimes MVP's give bad advice or wrong answers and the new poster may believe the info was from a Sony employee. I would also like to request that you remove colored text, I use a mobile device 90% of the time and I skip past the post with colored text because it's too hard to read.

Thank you and I can't wait to enjoy the improvements you have in store for us.

The forums being closed will definitely be archived. And I'm happy to see an official [INFO] thread for SOCOM so the community can continue the conversation about the game in PlayStation General. Would love to continue to support conversations about SOCOM, but it's simply not able to sustain it's own board

Regarding moving platforms; yes we know that was disruptive, and fortunately were on stable ground where we can really build a better community home going forward. 

MVP name formatting will remain as is for the forseeable future. We agree that we want to create a non-confusing destination for newcomers and regulars alike going forward to know that 'Blue" means it's coming from an official dev or PlayStation employee, and the regular color means non-official. 

Thanks for the feedback, and looking forward to hearing more as we move forward! 

Message 54 of 304 (369 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13184 posts

Jan 18, 2014

mochuuu wrote:

CradleOfFish wrote:

like @the_original_se say. why not separate PSN Avatars to custom one. like the PS4 is doing right now with the option to do it with facebook or something

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 55 of 304 (362 Views)
SIEA
1490 posts

Jan 18, 2014

the_original_se wrote:

will look in to it! 

Message 56 of 304 (345 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13569 posts

Jan 18, 2014

mochuuu wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

will look in to it! 

I hope this will be an option in the near future (unless Square Enix makes KH avatars I can buy!)

Message 57 of 304 (338 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7231 posts

Jan 18, 2014

This will be a big change, but I'm looking forward to doing whatever I can to help make this transition as smooth as possible. Thanks, mochuuu!

Message 58 of 304 (307 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1616 posts

Jan 18, 2014

Keep the GTA section. 

Message 59 of 304 (278 Views)
Fender Bender
3105 posts

Jan 18, 2014

DoubleO_seven wrote:

Keep the GTA section. 

Im with DoubleO_seven....do the right thing and keep the GTA forums,they have been way more busy the last few months since GTAV came out and we need it here.

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Message 60 of 304 (272 Views)