PlayStation MVP
50532 posts

Re: PlayStation Community Forum Changes Coming Next Week

[ Edited ]
Jan 17, 2014

mochuuu wrote:

highlydangerous9 wrote:
Seems like a lot of stuff is getting cut. I can understand some of the dead game forums being allowed to die but I'd personally prefer it if popular third-party game forums still existed.

As an example, I'm talking about starhawk which is almost undoubtedly my favorite game however gaming with friends is always more fun and how will I find those interested without this section?

It's a great question regarding your example of Starhawk. I mentioned in the OP that we'd have dedicated threads for specific games. And we'll make sure those threads are very easy to find. However, it will take some time to build threads for many big games that are out there, but we'll be looking to the community to help make those dedicated threads for titles as they come. 

More on this later, but I think you'll get a feel of how this will work when we go live and the changes are made by end of next week. 

Don't worry dangerous, they already heard objections to closing ones like starhawk months ago, I'm there for us.  That being said I dont think our traffic level will justify it staying :smileysad:.

I bet we can get a "Starhawk" label though, right Mochuuu?

Message 31 of 304 (337 Views)
PlayStation MVP
50532 posts

Jan 17, 2014

KANE-FIRE wrote:

Feedback? i know a lot of these things won't happen but might as well suggest then

Custom colored ranks=Bring back ranks with special colors like when people won contest etc.Having custom colors makes the MVP's stand out more a lot of people were not happy with that change.I think the reason why the MVP's were confused as moderators was because their name color was almost the same.If they bring back custom colored ranks just make the MVP's a specific color and not similar to the one's our moderators or community managers and have an exclusive color for all special ranks if they don't want a lot of confusion.

Custom avatars=Seriously the EU forums have custom avatars why cannot we have then here as well?

More signature space=The amount of signature space we have here is very limited that i have to resize my signature.More signature space would be nice.

Feeling any Dejavu mochuuu?     :smileytongue:

I wish we could get the color name ranks back for event rewards too.  

Message 32 of 304 (337 Views)
Wastelander
901 posts

Jan 17, 2014

Who is the communist that decides what is clean or not? what about M- rated games? Do we have to pander to children who's parents have no interest in their growing deadbeat child? Will there be forums where cursing is allowed or do we have to keep circumventing? What about low ping and aimbots- isn't banning them more important then thought control? Don't get angry- just being real.

DEATHTOTYRANNY

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

ps4 = ps_tryhard
Message 33 of 304 (330 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8855 posts

Jan 17, 2014

What ever helps keep the conversation civil and interesting. Change effects people, but if it is easy, I don't see much differing after implementation.

While I never really ventured into the game specific sections, I'll look forward to a RPG game thread.

Message 34 of 304 (325 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
50532 posts

Jan 17, 2014

fus-commy wrote:

Who is the communist that decides what is clean or not? what about M- rated games? Do we have to pander to children who's parents have no interest in their growing deadbeat child? Will there be forums where cursing is allowed or do we have to keep circumventing? What about low ping and aimbots- isn't banning them more important then thought control? Don't get angry- just being real.

DEATHTOTYRANNY

The Sony Moderation staff will decide what they wish to have and to not have on their privately owned internet forum.  

Its not a communist place at all, hence the private ownership and rules that accompany said private ownership :smileywink:.  

Message 35 of 304 (321 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4448 posts

Jan 17, 2014

Why oh Why? Look at all the sections that you have all ready closed. You drive people away by doing this. Honestly you guys had a Dragon Age forum but you closed that. Now I find myself going to the Bioware forums to discuss anything Dragon Age or Mass Effect. You guys closed the Tomb Raider boards, so now if I want to discuss Tomb Raider I go over there. I swear to you if you close the God of War forums, I will leave! I will not be part of a forum that does nothing but take everything away from these forums!

Thanks,
FreshRevenge

celebrity fashion gallery

photo 512d0aca-9476-4802-855d-3554158e2e5e_zps0b4ea223.jpg
Message 36 of 304 (318 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2675 posts

Jan 17, 2014

FreshRevenge wrote:

I swear to you if you close the God of War forums, I will leave! I will not be part of a forum that does nothing but take everything away from these forums!

Thanks,
FreshRevenge

celebrity fashion gallery

ha. i don't think they'll ever close the god of war section. its their baby. they could surprise me though...

BHD
Message 37 of 304 (311 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2675 posts

Jan 17, 2014

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

mochuuu wrote:

highlydangerous9 wrote:
Seems like a lot of stuff is getting cut. I can understand some of the dead game forums being allowed to die but I'd personally prefer it if popular third-party game forums still existed.

As an example, I'm talking about starhawk which is almost undoubtedly my favorite game however gaming with friends is always more fun and how will I find those interested without this section?

It's a great question regarding your example of Starhawk. I mentioned in the OP that we'd have dedicated threads for specific games. And we'll make sure those threads are very easy to find. However, it will take some time to build threads for many big games that are out there, but we'll be looking to the community to help make those dedicated threads for titles as they come. 

More on this later, but I think you'll get a feel of how this will work when we go live and the changes are made by end of next week. 

Don't worry dangerous, they already heard objections to closing ones like starhawk months ago, I'm there for us.  That being said I dont think our traffic level will justify it staying :smileysad:.

I bet we can get a "Starhawk" label though, right Mochuuu?

sadly it wont... that sucks... so many memories in the starhawk forums. thats where i first started posting. about 90% of my posts were in the starhawk forums.

BHD
Message 38 of 304 (301 Views)
PlayStation MVP
2675 posts

Jan 17, 2014

i get the feeling that this is all going to be one big mess... we will see if these labels will make things easier...

BHD
Message 39 of 304 (295 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
50532 posts

Jan 17, 2014

a_leenail1992 wrote:

i get the feeling that this is all going to be one big mess... we will see if these labels will make things easier...

When sony first mentioned labels I ran off to another forum that uses them to see how it worked.  I prefer the section/subsection setup myself but the tags did allow you to pull threads to the top for the topics you wanted.....provided a poster used the proper ones.

Message 40 of 304 (288 Views)
0 Likes