Lombax Warrior
185 posts

Re: PlayStation Community Forum Changes Coming Next Week

Feb 13, 2014
My interest in Sony is dwindling at an all time low. How you continue to push us SOCOM fans under the rug is an absolute joke. Did you forget the series that launched your console into online relevancy was socom? Or how about the fun fact socom logged more hours online than the entire xbox live network combined back in the day? Do you think all those fans just disappeared over night? You drove them away sony by literally butchering the identity of socom in recent years. I'm glad socom 4 was the nail in the coffin, you don't deserve the socom fan base to carry your company anymore and when you need us again... and you will, we won't be there, we will be on h-hour.
Message 301 of 304 (204 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
20406 posts

Feb 13, 2014

PRE_-CISION-_ wrote:
we will be on h-hour.

You... do know that H-Hour is the successor to SOCOM, right? Please tell me you do, because your whole post is null and void by that one fact.

Message 302 of 304 (202 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
185 posts

Feb 13, 2014
My post is loud and clear. I don't need the sony defender squad coming out I'm just speaking my mind and the view a ton of other socom fans have.
Message 303 of 304 (198 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
21896 posts

Feb 13, 2014

LUKENBACHER wrote:
Farewell SOCOM.com. You have been one of the largest gaming forums under Sony's umbrella. It is heartbreaking to see you and over a million posts made by passionate SOCOM fans this last decade just evaporate into nothing.

SOCOM was the first online game for Sony, and was considered a huge success. I am in shock at what the franchise has become, the grim outlook for any redemption in the future, and now the history of the community and their writings will be tossed into the proverbial garbage can as if it was just "forum clutter" and not worth a few dollars a month to keep around.

I'll be honest PlayStation. You had my loyalty for over 8 years because of SOCOM. I spent thousands on your games and consoles instead of the competition. I know of thousands of fans who did the same, if not 100's of thousands. Now, after watching the last 6 years, seeing the PS2 servers come to a close, and now the remaining PS3 versions and SOCOM.com shutting down next week, I don't have much loyalty left.

Instead of buying a new PS4, I dropped $1k on a new PC, and I don't think I have a reason to visit your forum communities anymore. Will I buy a PS4 later down the road? Eh, it is no longer a priority to be honest. I feel like I will just miss out on a few exclusives that look promising.

I have been gaming for over 27 years, and there is not one game out there out of 1,000's that I enjoyed playing more than the classic SOCOMs. I have never seen a more passionate community that is still active to this day talking and ranting about a 12 year old IP on a console, even though their franchise is crippled and being placed on the shelf.

I just wanted you to know how much SOCOM, PlayStation, and these gaming communities mean to me. Although I will forever be in debt to PlayStation & Zipper for birthing the SOCOM franchise, the bitter end to a great thing just seems to trump my original appreciation. I am saddened, a bit angry, I feel disenfranchised, and I feel as though I need to move on to greener pastures instead of investing more time and money into your company. If it means anything, I would much rather have 2 PS4's at my house, and several copies of a new real SOCOM to enjoy. I would wind playing over 100 more games on your network like I did for the PS3 & the PS2.

Farewell PlayStation. It's been a wild ride with plenty of ups and downs. But if you plan to kill off SOCOM and any remains of its existence, then you also have killed off my loyalty and support. Best of luck. You've created a new customer for Steam.

LUKENBACHER

Good **bleep** LUKE

Message 304 of 304 (198 Views)
0 Likes