Keyblade Wielder
5454 posts

Re: PlayStation Community Forum Changes Coming Next Week

Jan 20, 2014

Thread merging? Yeah but where are these threads going to go exactly? Off Topic? General?

You guys think this is a good idea?

Lame.

x__Vee__x's Streambadge

Message 91 of 304 (237 Views)
Platinum
56227 posts

Jan 20, 2014

CptKirby wrote:

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

mochuuu wrote:

highlydangerous9 wrote:
Seems like a lot of stuff is getting cut. I can understand some of the dead game forums being allowed to die but I'd personally prefer it if popular third-party game forums still existed.

As an example, I'm talking about starhawk which is almost undoubtedly my favorite game however gaming with friends is always more fun and how will I find those interested without this section?

It's a great question regarding your example of Starhawk. I mentioned in the OP that we'd have dedicated threads for specific games. And we'll make sure those threads are very easy to find. However, it will take some time to build threads for many big games that are out there, but we'll be looking to the community to help make those dedicated threads for titles as they come. 

More on this later, but I think you'll get a feel of how this will work when we go live and the changes are made by end of next week. 

Don't worry dangerous, they already heard objections to closing ones like starhawk months ago, I'm there for us.  That being said I dont think our traffic level will justify it staying Smiley Sad.

I bet we can get a "Starhawk" label though, right Mochuuu?

Lobby to keep up the MAG forums! It's the most active game section and the game is about to get shutdown!

I think I wore out my MAG welcome with Sony crying and crying for MAG2 Smiley Tongue

Message 92 of 304 (218 Views)
0 Likes
Platinum
56227 posts

Jan 20, 2014

SweetPoison13 wrote:

mochuuu wrote:

SNIP

Introduction of Labels

To assist our community in finding content that is relevant to your interests, we will offer you a new feature called “Labels” in the PlayStation General forum.

You can actually use them right now. In the new changes though, Labels will be a pre-determined descriptor that only the creator of a thread can apply to their thread. When you create a thread, you’ll be asked to select a Label type:

Games & Platforms (only PlayStation CMs and MVPs will be able to utilize this Label)

Feedback & Ideas

Debate & Opinion

Events & Activities We decided to change this to "Compete & Connect"

News & Announcement

Ask the Community

You’ll be able to sort conversations in PlayStation General board by clicking on the Labels so you can browse the conversation types that you’re interested in. This will be an evolving function and we’re looking forward to getting your feedback on this new feature.

Labels will be in effect starting on 1/21 and will be continually evolving from there. I'll have a seperate post on Labels on Tueday 1/21. 

Why did you do this? It’s bad enough that some people mistake game nights for tournaments. Not everything is a competition.

+1 on this,  I think this is as bad as calling the MVP program "champions".  It just does not denote what the community gaming events are all about.  

"just words"   Smiley Tongue

Message 93 of 304 (218 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6100 posts

Jan 20, 2014
Yeah I liked events and activities more as well. Seems more welcoming than compete and connect.

Plus compete makes it sound like a competitive only event which half the events aren't.
 photo newforumsig_zps5ec69817.png
Message 94 of 304 (198 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2811 posts

Jan 20, 2014
I had an idea for how quote could work on mobile, beside post could be the quote button that brings up a list of names who have posted on the thread and u pick one from there, if the person has multiple posts it would then change to a list of them and then place that message as quoted. Could also be turned into a "quick mentions" function
Message 95 of 304 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2573 posts

Jan 20, 2014
A high powered person hmjust joined this thread. EVERYONE SHUT UP EVERYTHING IS REMAINING THE SAME

UNTIL THE 21st LoL

SVER#1

Reputable / Impeccable SVER XbLaZer_62
Message 96 of 304 (183 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1122 posts

Jan 20, 2014
VALOR#1
Message 97 of 304 (169 Views)
Platinum
56227 posts

Jan 21, 2014

For old times sake, SVER won the shadow war!   Smiley Tongue   

Smoke grenade!

254034_2104131483554_7695859_n.jpg

Message 98 of 304 (164 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1122 posts

Jan 21, 2014
Lol that pic made my day.
Message 99 of 304 (156 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5112 posts

Jan 21, 2014
last day :/

and I believe this is my first post outside the MAG forum...
follow me on twatter https://twitter.com/gobbybobbyy
youtube.com/gobbybobby2
JOIN KEQ

PLANETSIDE 2 PC and PS4
EVE ONLINE
DUST 514
DCUO PS3.
Battlefield 4
Neverwinter
make an app on keqonline.com or Message me on PSN/ Steam

VISIT KEQ FORUMS http://forums.keqonline.com/index.php
Message 100 of 304 (145 Views)