Jul 15 2012
By: wocyob Wastelander 676 posts

PlayStation Brother

2 replies 50 views Edited Jul 15, 2012

I would like to share my story of how I got into gaming since it really got started by one person in my life. Nathan was the name of this person and he's my cousin who later on became my "brother" since my mother took him in to live with us (I wont bore you with the details on why he did). 

I was the early 90s when I first meet Nathan when he came over for Thanksgiving. I recall my sister taking out the NES that we had but for some reason never even touched till he came. We popped in Mario and played for hours till it was time for him to go back to Boston (me being from New Jersey). Once he left I felt really upset since that was the first time it felt like I had a brother someone blood related that I bonded with that wasn't my mother or my two sisters (FYI my father was never around when I was growing up..jerk :smileytongue: ). For me that was a big moment since that was the day I played my first  video game.

(Years have passed then and by now Nathan is now living with me. And my father came back in my life *golf clap*)

Christmas was nearing and my father was going to give my my first gift since he just got back into my life so since knowing nothing about me he did the smart thing and asked me what I wanted for a gift.  At that time the only game system I knew of was the game system my best friend had at the time and it was the N64 so like an idiot I asked for that, luckily my brother over heard such nonsense and slapped me over the head and told me to ask for a Playstation instead. To me my brother was my role model so of course without second thought I asked for a PS instead. Christmas day came and went PS in hooked up to the TV my brother got a few awesome games  FF7, Tactic Orge, and Tekken to name a few. My brother and I bonded so well with just gaming. It was a an amazing time in my life since I had everything I could asked for.

Few years later my mother gets sick and is unable to raise 4 kids on her own so sadly my brother is sent back Boston. I lost my brother but I didn't lose our hobby. My family knew I was upset and this was around the time the PS2 was out and so once again my father came through and got me a PS2 with a copy of Jax and Dexter. The good thing that came out of it was that I had an awesome time with my ps2 but sadly it was without my brother Nathan.

Now the story concludes with the present. Obviously I got myself a PS3 and of course im loving this system, just look at my trophies. I have to say writing this really made me understand myself even more and I hate to say this but I even chocked up a bit as soon I it came to me. I don't game only for the reason to game I game since its the one part of my life that I can still have that reminds of the perfect moment of my past. 

Honestly It feels good sharing this since I also learned more about myself :smileytongue: 

Thanks for reading and sorry if its a complete mess.

Message 1 of 3 (50 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
34 posts

Re: PlayStation Brother

Jul 16, 2012

you still in touch with your bro? do you still game with him?

Message 2 of 3 (31 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
676 posts

Re: PlayStation Brother

Jul 16, 2012

Its been a few months since the last time we spoke. As of gaming, he keeps changing is PSN username for some reason so as of now I dont have it.

Message 3 of 3 (26 Views)
0 Likes