PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Re: PlayStation Blog Votes.

[ Edited ]
Jan 3, 2013

jcalvert wrote:

mcbultz78 - You didn't answer the question "On what basis are you saying that PS+ was created by gamers?"

On what basis are you saying that PS+ was created by gamers?  Is this your opinion, or do you care to post a link to an article that gives this some basis in facts?

When I stated " PS+ has evolved* into a straight out instant game collection - it is all about marketing.  We are seeing that with new PS3 and Vita bundles." - this is a statement of fact.  Just look at the recent PS+ blog posts, and then look at the original PS+ blog posts.

Any long time members of this board (or the previous two versions prior to the format changes) will know that I used "evolving" on purpose.  I even put "evolving"  in italic and put a * with a reference.

An "evolving" service has been Sony's stance since day one.  I can go to the blog and quote articles, but I'll let you have that homework assignment.  I didn't say if I agreed or disagreed with this approach, however I have shared my opinion multiple times since PS+ launched.

Finally, you stated "Your vowed to your own  beliefs system.. Eu and japan and etc is going to crush (and is)  us  in this current format" - What does this mean?  Honestly, to me these two sentences are complete nonsense.

Have you seen McButtz's prior posts? He regularly makes claims like this all the time, without supporting what he says. You would litterly be wasting you time trying to get a competent answer from him.

Here is a good example of what I mean: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-3/No-Refund-Policy-SUCKS/td-p/39054019/page/3

I can only conclude that McButtz suffers from some sort of mental handicap, that effects his ability to communicate and causes him to have delusional beliefs.

However McButtz seems to mostly "walk his talk". I know he recently joined PS+, and after checking out his PS+ profile: http://psnprofiles.com/mcbuttz78 He has only downloaded and played Payday: The Heist, and shows little to no interest in the other free PS+ games. So in his case, he isn't that interested in the IGC, which is fine. But I doubt that many people are joining PS+ primarilly for the discounts, most people would be lucky to break even on their subscription costs that way...

Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 47 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
126 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 3, 2013

After this long discussion, i can conclude the following:

IGC is made mainly to do marketing for PSN games + Publishers may give away some retailer  games for the sake of promoting the dev or the next game in the series

Now, why EU+ gets more good retailer content?

is it because of publishers?,

Is it because of Sony which gives EU+ higher priority & force US+ to offer different content?

or
Is it because of US stuff who can not convince publishers to do the same in US+?

I think it is mixed as each store may has different strategy and this strategy is refracted on PS+ program in each

Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 47 (180 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6252 posts

Jan 3, 2013

MAGtrail_now_MAG wrote:

After this long discussion, i can conclude the following:

IGC is made mainly to do marketing for PSN games + Publishers may give away some retailer  games for the sake of promoting the dev or the next game in the series

Now, why EU+ gets more good retailer content?

is it because of publishers?,

Is it because of Sony which gives EU+ higher priority & force US+ to offer different content?

or
Is it because of US stuff who can not convince publishers to do the same in US+?

I think it is mixed as each store may has different strategy and this strategy is refracted on PS+ program in each

Yes each store has it own plan  for their brand or region and they compete.  but the  point is  quite simple to understand. Eu . japan and elsewhere  are  destroying the us a psn store in those  area of free   games and also  getting better discounts to boot as  of late for 6 mth now.

This would have never happened on cris and jeffs  watch, im not passing the blame to  sid and morgan and them guys but they need to wake up thought this a legacy of usa store psn store. Dont turn to the  La  lakers as of late with other team called the  LA clipper s  doing the winning  in same exact arena. By no mean im saying replace them,No no please dont, i want them to do   this, up hold this legacy

We cannt give the title to  the eu store or canada ( lord forbid lol) and  say they lets  do better next time, each week   for last 6 mths that has been the excuse. An  accident waiting to happen  each week, if its  not  bad post of   price  mistake, it a game and  you  cannot  win that war by no mean can you. Your giving  the gamer a reason to hold theyre head down  or  a nay sayer a reason to  yell  his convictions of ill content of the store. Alot of  long  timers of psn  do their part to  calm the  trolls but  same  time    alot of  us cannt  stand by watch  medicority  of ps us  store.  We can not settle  for a  "Pyrrhic victory" .

We are  begging   here..  alot of us is not saying the store is overall  bad it  actually  quite good in alot of   areas, but we see  signs of medicority. Once   your start doing that it become a habit of what you can get away with which is called mediocirity.

I  agree with your assesment and  the usa psn store has to  do better.  This is why i  kudo'd

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 47 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6252 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 3, 2013

jcalvert wrote:

mcbultz78 - You didn't answer the question "On what basis are you saying that PS+ was created by gamers?" it was  ideas from the fans of getting discount becuase  alot didnt want to pay for online. which  was  the thought of one of exec of sony because,  they are on record saying that wanted program like that( xbox), which ment paying for online and alot playstaion offered a better route other than paying   for online.

On what basis are you saying that PS+ was created by gamers?  Is this your opinion, or do you care to post a link to an article that gives this some basis in facts?

When I stated " PS+ has evolved* into a straight out instant game collection - it is all about marketing.  We are seeing that with new PS3 and Vita bundles." - this is a statement of fact.  Just look at the recent PS+ blog posts, and then look at the original PS+ blog posts.    what your looking at with that is 3 form of marketing. inbound.outbound and niche..  the buisness rule( or saying) in that is when more than one way is mixed with another it becomes a gimmick or perk system. which not bad thing btw just explaining to you. In my  opinion  personal belief that not marketing. Becuase marketing is based on  strict principals. 

Any long time members of this board (or the previous two versions prior to the format changes) will know that I used "evolving" on purpose.  I even put "evolving"  in italic and put a * with a reference.  well  from my understadning alot are not happy with this evole becuase alot have asked for things  to help support the brand of playstation. people want to  spend money, no wants in  a entitlement becuase when you  get that type of thing it come with a bigger plan of entitlement to suffice from the giver. So in  small alot want to pay , but we dont pay  alot for what we  get. that does not mean give   for free. but alot wont complain about that  becuase its free. ( i understand it paid  with ps+ subs  , im  just to make a point) its split 50-50 on these matters. Nothing  wrong with a free game but it should not be what psn+ should be about.  comptetive  pricing with  disocunt like steam is  evloving the  plan to me. which what alot of  gamers want. But since licening and all that jazz make it diffcult to do it that way(pricing) a free  suffice the masses, but alot agree it shouldnt be about   just that.  but its a not bad thing. it help but  it doesnt  spread sales like old way did, maybe subscription sales but i dont  anyone want to lose  a section of intrests for sake of free games.    Agn in  not criticizing it .  we both exploring  how it work  and how we both  think can be  better or is leading too.

An "evolving" service has been Sony's stance since day one.  I can go to the blog and quote articles, but I'll let you have that homework assignment.  I didn't say if I agreed or disagreed with this approach, however I have shared my opinion multiple times since PS+ launched.  I understand , sorry  to miscontrue or mis understand  your  stance on it

Finally, you stated "Your vowed to your own  beliefs system.. Eu and japan and etc is going to crush (and is)  us  in this current format" - What does this mean?  Honestly, to me these two sentences are complete nonsense. vowed to your own beliefs, means  we dont agree on the  matter, and im    showing how i dont agree with that  matter and the climate of the matter. It was  not a offensive remark to belittle in negative way. It mean we disagree on point principles.

Mcbuttz78

Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 47 (161 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 3, 2013

mcbuttz78 wrote:

jcalvert wrote:

mcbultz78 - You didn't answer the question "On what basis are you saying that PS+ was created by gamers?" it was  ideas from the fans of getting discount becuase  alot didnt want to pay for online. which  was  the thought of one of exec of sony because,  they are on record saying that wanted program like that( xbox), which ment paying for online and alot playstaion offered a better route other than paying   for online.

When I stated " PS+ has evolved* into a straight out instant game collection - it is all about marketing.  We are seeing that with new PS3 and Vita bundles." - this is a statement of fact.  Just look at the recent PS+ blog posts, and then look at the original PS+ blog posts.    what your looking at with that is 3 form of marketing. inbound.outbound and niche..  the buisness rule( or saying) in that is when more than one way is mixed with another it becomes a gimmick or perk system. which not bad thing btw just explaining to you. In my  opinion  personal belief that not marketing. Becuase marketing is based on  strict principals. 

Any long time members of this board (or the previous two versions prior to the format changes) will know that I used "evolving" on purpose.  I even put "evolving"  in italic and put a * with a reference.  well  from my understadning alot are not happy with this evole becuase alot have asked for things  to help support the brand of playstation. people want to  spend money, no wants in  a entitlement becuase when you  get that type of thing it come with a bigger plan of entitlement to suffice from the giver. So in  small alot want to pay , but we dont pay  alot for what we  get. that does not mean give   for free. but alot wont complain about that  becuase its free. ( i understand it paid  with ps+ subs  , im  just to make a point) its split 50-50 on these matters. Nothing  wrong with a free game but it should not be what psn+ should be about.  comptetive  pricing with  disocunt like steam is  evloving the  plan to me. which what alot of  gamers want. But since licening and all that jazz make it diffcult to do it that way(pricing) a free  suffice the masses, but alot agree it shouldnt be about   just that.  but its a not bad thing. it help but  it doesnt  spread sales like old way did, maybe subscription sales but i dont  anyone want to  a section of intrests for sake of free games.    Agn in  not criticizing it .  we both exploring  how it work  and how we both  think can be  better or is leading too.

An "evolving" service has been Sony's stance since day one.  I can go to the blog and quote articles, but I'll let you have that homework assignment.  I didn't say if I agreed or disagreed with this approach, however I have shared my opinion multiple times since PS+ launched.  I understand , sorry  to miscontrue or mis understand  your  stance on it

Finally, you stated "Your vowed to your own  beliefs system.. Eu and japan and etc is going to crush (and is)  us  in this current format" - What does this mean?  Honestly, to me these two sentences are complete nonsense. vowed to your own beliefs, means  we dont agree on the  matter, and im    showing how i dont agree with that  matter and the climate of the matter. It was  not a offensive remark to belittle in negative way. It mean we disagree on point principles.

You "forgot" something. Try answering the first few questions.

Specifically: "On what basis are you saying that PS+ was created by gamers?  Is this your opinion, or do you care to post a link to an article that gives this some basis in facts?"

EDIT: I see you answered it. The PlayStation store already gives weekly sales on PSN items, that everybody can take advantage of without buying a PS+ membership, so your answer doesn't make much sense.

If Sony Execs are on record, there surely must be an article about it somewhere that can verify your statement...

Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 47 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6252 posts

Jan 4, 2013

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

jcalvert wrote:

Any long time members of this board (or the previous two versions prior to the format changes) will know that I used "evolving" on purpose.  I even put "evolving"  in italic and put a * with a reference.  well  from my understadning alot are not happy with this evole becuase alot have asked for things  to help support the brand of playstation. people want to  spend money, no wants in  a entitlement becuase when you  get that type of thing it come with a bigger plan of entitlement to suffice from the giver. So in  small alot want to pay , but we dont pay  alot for what we  get. that does not mean give   for free. but alot wont complain about that  becuase its free. ( i understand it paid  with ps+ subs  , im  just to make a point) its split 50-50 on these matters. Nothing  wrong with a free game but it should not be what psn+ should be about.  comptetive  pricing with  disocunt like steam is  evloving the  plan to me. which what alot of  gamers want. But since licening and all that jazz make it diffcult to do it that way(pricing) a free  suffice the masses, but alot agree it shouldnt be about   just that.  but its a not bad thing. it help but  it doesnt  spread sales like old way did, maybe subscription sales but i dont  anyone want to  a section of intrests for sake of free games.    Agn in  not criticizing it .  we both exploring  how it work  and how we both  think can be  better or is leading too.

Specifically: "On what basis are you saying that PS+ was created by gamers?  Is this your opinion, or do you care to post a link to an article that gives this some basis in facts?"

EDIT: I see you answered it. The PlayStation store already gives weekly sales on PSN items, that everybody can take advantage of without buying a PS+ membership, so your answer doesn't make much sense.

If Sony Execs are on record, there surely must be an article about it somewhere that can verify your statement...

i answered the question, no need to re clarify the question agn.

it does make sence.  steam  digtial and all that is  the rival  to what we  do and will be  to my understanding  inthe digital market . So  to evolve we need to find a a way to get our console games  prices to the level of their pricing standards  and ps  plus more attractive in the saving as well  game diversity  to offer. A free game is nice but it alot thing we can be doing in that area. its hard work  but its worth it.

Becuase the future   war is right around the corner.  Psn is in the right direction with day  one digital  for  console ( we are the console  to offer that btw)  ,  Im not  really  sure if pc offers that digitally  for a game . This where psn plus can  plays big part.  we have digital online pre order which   means  more sale  before the game  even drops,   we are only console to offer that,  you  dont need psn plus to do that. but ps+ can play a roll  in all these things to increase the excitment to the gamer.

You must not follow playstaion much   to be asking alot  of question that every ps3 owner  already knows. Go  search  kaz ps+ announment.. it was to be simualr to  xbox online plan. the long time  gamers  voiced to keep  online free  as well things ths plan  could  have  as  perks to the gamers  for a cost of what xbox live gamers pay but  better than  xbox live and kaz said  in his announcement  ps3 online will be free and announce the plan we call ps+.. I think everyone know  that.

The didnt dream of ps+  all by them selves alot of  ideas came from the  ps3 gamers.  becuase i can assure you  they  migth would have  made us pay for online. had we not spoke up .

Mcbuttz78

Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 47 (141 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Jan 4, 2013

mcbuttz78 wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

jcalvert wrote:

i answered the question, no need to re clarify the question agn.

it does make sence.  steam  digtial and all that is  the rival  to what we  do and will be  to my understanding  inthe digital market . So  to evolve we need to find a a way to get our console games  prices to the level of their pricing standards  and ps  plus more attractive in the saving as well  game diversity  to offer. A free game is nice but it alot thing we can be doing in that area. its hard work  but its worth it.

Becuase the future   war is right around the corner.  Psn is in the right direction with day  one digital  for  console ( we are the console  to offer that btw)  ,  Im not  really  sure if pc offers that digitally  for a game . This where psn plus can  plays big part.  we have digital online pre order which   means  more sale  before the game  even drops,   we are only console to offer that,  you  dont need psn plus to do that. but ps+ can play a roll  in all these things to increase the excitment to the gamer.

You must not follow playstaion much   to be asking alot  of question that every ps3 owner  already knows. Go  search  kaz ps+ announment.. it was to be simualr to  xbox online plan. the long time  gamers  voiced to keep  online free  as well things ths plan  could  have  as  perks to the gamers  for a cost of what xbox live gamers pay but  better than  xbox live and kaz said  in his announcement  ps3 online will be free and announce the plan we call ps+.. I think everyone know  that.

The didnt dream of ps+  all by them selves alot of  ideas came from the  ps3 gamers.  becuase i can assure you  they  migth would have  made us pay for online. had we not spoke up .

I agree that Sony was searching for a way to fund PSN, because it was costly to run, but it is a giant leap to assume that gamers came up with the specifics for PS+. I am sure Sony thought of some ways to do that, and wanted to get feedback from their customers through surveys. It certainly would be bad PR for Sony to initially offer free online play, just to take it away later. I think it was pretty clever for Sony to come up for a subscription plan that people may actually want to invest in.

But that still doesn't take away that the main attraction (for most) to PS+ is the instant game collection. The program was good when it first started, but it did take a while to recoup your initial investment, but with the new version practically everyone would recoup their initial investment immediately. I think it was particulary good that Sony included the Vita into the program, and gave free access to 3 of the best 1st party titles on that platform. It certainly helps justify the purchase of a Vita and the PS+ program. 

It certainly doesn't hurt Sony that much to include their 1st party games into the program, and it would be adventageous for some 3rd parties to include their games into the program as well, because it helps promote their company and their brand.

It has already been determined that over 90% of PS+ subscribers are satisfied with the program after it was retooled, so overall Sony is on the right track with what they are doing...

Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 47 (137 Views)
0 Likes