Re: PlayStation Blog Votes.

[ Edited ]
Dec 21, 2012

mochuuu wrote:

Dua1-Blade- wrote:

jpbslayer wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

PICK34 wrote:

Apparently they're using it for feedback for the plus staff according to Morgan on the ps blog. I too voted for nothing.

Yea, I had assumed that was the point of it, but like someone above (Possible JERM) said I'd like to see that poll integrated into these Forums too, like there was a month or so ago, but I still like the idea that they're listening, lets see if they take notice huh, Plus started out very good indeed, it has been somewhat lackluster lately though.

because there asking-- does not mean there listening

The way these companies work, its probably a completely different department that is asking than the one that actually picks the games.

Results probably go no where.

The idea that we're not using the polls to actually listen  for what people like is completely false, I'm afraid. The results get delivered to the entire team (yes we're all one team that works together to iron out the deals with publishers and developers to get games in Plus) and we review them extensively, along with several other pieces of data. 

There are many factors that influence what games are chosen, and we're not able to simply pick any game we like and put it in Plus; but polls like the ones being discussed here are very powerful for us to get a picture of what a particualr section of the PSN community thinks. 

The Community Management team isn't here to be fluff, and I get that the notion of change can be hard to see in short amounts of time. But we've always got your feedback top of mind and work incredibly hard to get your feedback to the teams =) 

I've responded in the Other Thread, the one you created, so i won't reiterate the same points here. Safe to say we/I know you & the rest of the team can't just pick any old game out for Plus & make it happen, we know & actually appreciate that, we also know you all work hard at what you do, but more imnput needs to made here.

Change in the short term takes time, correct, what about change in the longer term, PS Plus was launched in June of 2010, we're nearly into 2013 now.

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 47 (364 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Community Manager
1453 posts

Dec 21, 2012

BRIT-KO wrote:

Change in the short term takes time, correct, what about change in the longer term, PS Plus was launched in June of 2010, we're nearly into 2013 now.

Are you saying Plus hasn't changed since June 2010? Just curious ; ) 

- morgan haro, SCEA PlayStation Community Management Team
@morganharo

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 47 (349 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4687 posts

Dec 21, 2012
For me personally, I don't like fighting games, so the large slew of them we have been getting has been a let down for me.

This month tho the only thing appealing to me was bioshock 2 which I already have and have beaten it so even then it was a bit of a bust.

Wasn't interested in ssf4 or the 2$ iPhone game.

I know you have to go through crap with the publishers to get games for plus so it's hard to get good new games so I appreciate the games you do get (even if I don't personally like them)

For 50$ plus is a steal, but at the same time as a person getting plus you are at an impasse. Do you risk the 50$ hoping you get games you'd like, or do you just spend the 50$ on a game you KNOW you'd like.

We give you 50$ but we also give you our faith. So I guess what I'm saying is could you try to change things up with plus a bit? I mean we've gotten 4 fighters in the second half of 2012, try to spread the games across genres, and giving us 2$ iPhone games is a slap in the face, if someone really wanted that game, or to even try it, 2$ is cheap enough for us to just buy it flat out.

Another thing that could be done is more full ps3 games on the store (another reason the IGC is so bad is a lack of digital games to give) I know that may be hard to convince devs, well publishers to do (especially when they have to pay to put the game in the store) but maybe waving the fee in exchange for plus free-ness would be good? (That way the publisher gets a new game selling avenue, and Sony gets to boost plus numbers, a win-win situation)

And changing the prices on games to reflect retail sales would be another great step. Warhawk is 5$ retail, Sony charges 30. Mag retail is 10$, Sony charges 30. Mass effect 3 is 20$ retail, Sony charges 40$

Tell the publishers prices have to change, or have Sony change it. That would be a big help in pushing digital sales, and also increase the likely hood of titles becoming plus titles (I mean who makes a 40$ game free? No one but if the game was 20$ it would hurt publishers wallets that much)

Just something I was thinking about. I have my plus paid thru 2014, and if it can be made better, I would be a happy man.
 photo newforumsig_zps5ec69817.png
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 47 (337 Views)
Lombax Warrior
126 posts

Dec 23, 2012
12 Deals of Dec for EU is great BF3, Hitman, Sleeping dogs, farcry,..

when we compare it with the crap holiday gift, they say " why are u disappointed ? " !!

@ Winscar_Shinobi: great post
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 47 (287 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1244 posts

Dec 30, 2012

bump ... noticed a new poll on what genera PS+ subscribers like ...

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 47 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6253 posts

Jan 1, 2013

i think "the nothing for me  vote thing" really doesnt help gather any information  to better things ,how so if that is case.. You choose nothing  how does that help. All it leads to is  exploit to hate on the ps brand and vote the psn  store down  since it has been on the store the  psn store  vote( ratings) have been down.

They need to go back to old format of psn + the 1st one. the instant game collection is nothing but  a headache,  free games is not what  ps+  is and  what  it should be about.  If they are going that direction the usa  psn  blog i going fall behind every other  single psn blog. That is not  way  cris and jeff ran the  ps blog.That is not standard they set forth for it.. Jeff siad  the blog was  good hands. hell i think he spoke  to soon.

sid,morgan, ray and the  new guys need to to tighten up,  i have never  seen so many errors on  games sales in my  5-6 yrs of  us psn blog.    The lack of feed back and etc is  normal to me. its alwys been that way. but thing that gets me the most is all the  errors.

Your giving folk ammo to complain .  Go look athe 1st  first few in  past months post they are aiming for mistake.

where are the ps mini.?? at least 1 per month to be sold

where are ps  one classic that  should be coverted to play on ps  vita and psp? at least 1 per to be sold

where is the free avi, 1 per mth to ps plus members

where  is  the free wall paper a month? at least 1 per month

Did  you guy change this for a free game each month in stead.? I understand you  introduce instant game collection but the ramfication of that   were not clear to the   fans.  Ps+ is  about  discounts to  the gamer,  to save money.. A free game is  agood thing but at same i  the old way  of ps+ was better.

i dont  know what else to say but  somethings need to  change. becuase  eu  blog  has more  dev in eu area..   WHich mean they will be getting  more deals than america will  get every week. The old format worked best becuase hey  it  spreaded  everything out into diffrent things to give/buy.. one thing  didnt hurt  everything.It also   brought sale in more areas.

I understand eu and  usa and jpn  canada ,brazil  psn stores are diffrent, so why change  the 1st way  on  how it was  formatted it to brillance? It was excuted within very good reasons to broaden sales in all areas of psn not just games.  THat my opinion on the matter

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 47 (186 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Jan 1, 2013

mcbuttz78 wrote:

i think "the nothing for me  vote thing" really doesnt help gather any information  to better things ,how so if that is case.. You choose nothing  how does that help. All it leads to is  exploit to hate on the ps brand and vote the psn  store down  since it has been on the store the  psn store  vote( ratings) have been down.

They need to go back to old format of psn + the 1st one. the instant game collection is nothing but  a headache,  free games is not what  ps+  is and  what  it should be about.  If they are going that direction the usa  psn  blog i going fall behind every other  single psn blog. That is not  way  cris and jeff ran the  ps blog.That is not standard they set forth for it.. Jeff siad  the blog was  good hands. hell i think he spoke  to soon.

sid,morgan, ray and the  new guys need to to tighten up,  i have never  seen so many errors on  games sales in my  5-6 yrs of  us psn blog.    The lack of feed back and etc is  normal to me. its alwys been that way. but thing that gets me the most is all the  errors.

Your giving folk ammo to complain .  Go look athe 1st  first few in  past months post they are aiming for mistake.

where are ps  one classic that  should be coverted to play on ps  vita and psp? at least 1 per to be sold

Did  you guy change this for a free game each month in stead.? I understand you  introduce instant game collection but the ramfication of that   were not clear to the   fans.  Ps+ is  about  discounts to  the gamer,  to save money.. A free game is  agood thing but at same i  the old way  of ps+ was better.

i dont  know what else to say but  somethings need to  change. becuase  eu  blog  has more  dev in eu area..   WHich mean they will be getting  more deals than america will  get every week. The old format worked best becuase hey  it  spreaded  everything out into diffrent things to give/buy.. one thing  didnt hurt  everything.It also   brought sale in more areas.

I understand eu and  usa and jpn  canada ,brazil  psn stores are diffrent, so why change  the 1st way  on  how it was  formatted it to brillance? It was excuted within very good reasons to broaden sales in all areas of psn not just games.  THat my opinion on the matter

Sony sent out a survey to certain PS+ members a year ago, and the feedback was that customers wanted PS3 & PSN games, not PSminis or PS1 games. I think few people are disappointed that the program has changed, and Sony has stated that subscription rates have skyrocketed since they made fundemental changes last June...

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 47 (175 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1244 posts

Jan 1, 2013

mcbuttz78 wrote:

i think "the nothing for me  vote thing" really doesnt help gather any information  to better things ,how so if that is case.. You choose nothing  how does that help.

If Sony uses the data it should help to let them know what kind of offerings PS+ subscribers appreciate, and which ones should be avoided.  I mentioned in another thread that in order for the poll to be more effective, Sony should only allow PS+ subscribers to vote.

re minis and PSOne titles, Logical Dolphin already said it - a previous survey indicated that most PS+ subscribers could care less about these types of games.  Or at least they didn't want these types of games counting against their monthly allocation, favoring full PS3 titles and a broader PSN selection.

Sony did put FF Tactics in the Vita instant game collection.  I expect PSOne and PSP titles to be offered up in the Vita instant game collection format.

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 47 (163 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6253 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 1, 2013

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

Sony sent out a survey to certain PS+ members a year ago, and the feedback was that customers wanted PS3 & PSN games, not PSminis or PS1 games. I think few people are disappointed that the program has changed, and Sony has stated that subscription rates have skyrocketed since they made fundemental changes last June...

let me such survey becuase  psn is small time devs and orginal games  for fans bases  to be created.  Let me see such survey. becuase i have not  heard of this or seen it.  Psn gaming format is for the small devepler to prosper which means going from making ps mini to  psn game to  making a full ps3 console debut. It build devs up.
ps+ is not a   free 3rd party  game give away program. It s about  discount  on games and   letting  small time devs  make profit with there games on psn . That includes minis oringinal psn games and the linkes. not  retail games in the store being given away for free . That is not is ps+ is about..  Who  ever  changed  the format need  sit downon and be drilled on how hard the playstaion gamer has worked to get sony to listen to them onthese matters of gamer saving money.   A free game help anyone  all it does is start genre  wars i "Of i dont like this game or etc etc.. i want this type of games".. its 70 million people man all with doffrent genre lies , who bone head idea was that , how did they  figure one game is going to appeal to  everyone beecause it sfree ?   for the sake of sale and profit?? How   so when it  has  neglected getting folk in wallpers  section. movie section. avi section. to buy

Mcbuttz78

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 47 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6253 posts

Jan 1, 2013

jcalvert wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

i think "the nothing for me  vote thing" really doesnt help gather any information  to better things ,how so if that is case.. You choose nothing  how does that help.

If Sony uses the data it should help to let them know what kind of offerings PS+ subscribers appreciate, and which ones should be avoided.  I mentioned in another thread that in order for the poll to be more effective, Sony should only allow PS+ subscribers to vote.

re minis and PSOne titles, Logical Dolphin already said it - a previous survey indicated that most PS+ subscribers could care less about these types of games.  Or at least they didn't want these types of games counting against their monthly allocation, favoring full PS3 titles and a broader PSN selection.

Sony did put FF Tactics in the Vita instant game collection.  I expect PSOne and PSP titles to be offered up in the Vita instant game collection format.

Well   i agree with your assesment , but the part i  feel un easy about is dividing gamers just becuase they dont have  ps+.. becuase ps+ was develop by gamers who just wanted discounts and good orginal titles  which in cludes mini and ps1 titles orginal psn games on a disocunt  "not free games by 3rd party". There was no ps+ to  be had in those times  and alot  of those  same guys  who fought  fo it dont have  ps today. it doenst make then any less of playstation fan to neglect  their  votes in the matter.

They have  been promising that for a very long time  psp gaming to the format or w/e  they are tlaking about. Alot  are tired of  hearing promises they want some action. Action gets things   done not  bold  promises.  A survey  dont make it right for  all 70 million playstaioners.

Mcbuttz78

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 47 (144 Views)
0 Likes