MVP Support
5919 posts

Re: PlayStation App updated to v.1.60

[ Edited ]
Jan 31, 2014

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

PaperCarrier wrote:

It won't even find or wake up my PS4 if my PS4 is connected to the internet via Ethernet cord instead of WiFi, why is that? 

This is going to sound like an odd question, but, is the phone wirelessly connected to the same router that your PS4 is plugged into, and/or wirelessly connected to?  

More so, Did you pair your phone/tablet to your PS4 yet?

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5067

Unless you have a Vita, you can't turn on your PS4 with your mobile network (ie turn off your 4G/3G mobile network) or from other hotspots/wifi networks (only the Vita can do this via Remote Play). In order to access your PS4 for second screen, you must be on the same network/wifi/router. The Playstation App for phones/tablets usefulness away from the home is so you can see what your friends are doing, chat with them, or (now) watch their live feeds while also getting access to the PSN Store.

Message 21 of 23 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
255 posts

Jan 31, 2014
Upon messing around a bit, when I go to the store or my profile it is not accepting my username or password. They are both obviously correct. Anyone else having this issue?
Message 22 of 23 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2641 posts

Feb 1, 2014

da1writer wrote:

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

PaperCarrier wrote:

It won't even find or wake up my PS4 if my PS4 is connected to the internet via Ethernet cord instead of WiFi, why is that? 

This is going to sound like an odd question, but, is the phone wirelessly connected to the same router that your PS4 is plugged into, and/or wirelessly connected to?  

More so, Did you pair your phone/tablet to your PS4 yet?

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5067

Unless you have a Vita, you can't turn on your PS4 with your mobile network (ie turn off your 4G/3G mobile network) or from other hotspots/wifi networks (only the Vita can do this via Remote Play). In order to access your PS4 for second screen, you must be on the same network/wifi/router. The Playstation App for phones/tablets usefulness away from the home is so you can see what your friends are doing, chat with them, or (now) watch their live feeds while also getting access to the PSN Store.

I know that interacting with friends over PSN does not require connectivity with the PS4 but wasn't the app designed to interact with the PS4 remotely to have it download queud PlayStation Store purchases and possibly other things? 

Message 23 of 23 (155 Views)
0 Likes