Aug 28 2013
By: EliteCombatZ Monster Hunter 39 posts

PlayStation 4 Pre Orders

14 replies 808 views Edited Aug 28, 2013

I cannot seem to find PlayStation 4 pre orders anywhere right now. I called Best Buy and GameStop, and they said they are not taking pre orders at the moment. I ask them if they are going to be taking pre orders any time soon and they say no. I call different Best Buy/GameStop locations and they say they are not going to be taking Pre Orders at all up till the release of the PS4. The thing that gets me confused is that why they would say they are not going to be taking any pre orders now and until the release of the PS4 if there are still 2 months left. Does anyone know when pre orders will be avaliable at all in the location of the Bay Area in California?

Message 1 of 15 (808 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
6033 posts

Re: PlayStation 4 Pre Orders

[ Edited ]
Aug 28, 2013

EliteCombatZ wrote:

I cannot seem to find PlayStation 4 pre orders anywhere right now. I called Best Buy and GameStop, and they said they are not taking pre orders at the moment. I ask them if they are going to be taking pre orders any time soon and they say no. I call different Best Buy/GameStop locations and they say they are not going to be taking Pre Orders at all up till the release of the PS4. The thing that gets me confused is that why they would say they are not going to be taking any pre orders now and until the release of the PS4 if there are still 2 months left. Does anyone know when pre orders will be avaliable at all in the location of the Bay Area in California?

Didn't see this thread huh....

http://x.co/ps4info

Here's a snip it of the bottom of the first post...

...AGAIN

Amazon (thanks positive emotion) |  Torys R US | UK | Gamestop | 

Walmart can't guarantee Release Day Delivery  | Best Buy

Sony tells UK stores to suspend preorders of PS4, afraid no PS4's will be able to be bought during H...

Over 1 Million Preorders worldwide!

1.5 Million Pre-orders for PS4 [only 700k for Xbox One] at Gamestop (thanks positive_emotion)

PS4 has pent-up demand (thanks positive_emotion)

Message 2 of 15 (802 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2157 posts

Aug 28, 2013

Walmart is doing them and check target

Atari, Nintendo, Sega Genesis, Nintendo 64, PS1, Sega Saturn, PS2, PSP, PS3, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo 3ds and PS4
Message 3 of 15 (800 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
316 posts

Aug 28, 2013
it means there supply demand has been met and they can't open up the flood gates and guarantee you a day one console unless sony increases the demand with more consoles manufactured and ready to be shipped. Did you try target and walmart? I am 4 hours from the bay outside of Sac. Its a small town full of xbots I believe but even there PS4 preorders are at a halt now.

Message 4 of 15 (793 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
809 posts

Aug 28, 2013

More pre-orders might open up in the future, all you have to do is wait. You could also go to a store on launch day, they usually have extra systems to sell then. If not then just wait, it's never a good idea to get a new console at launch anyways. Most of the games that are going to be released on PS4 will release on PS3 also so you could always get the PS3 version. 

My gaming history - NES, PS1, PS2, GBA SP, NDS, PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One
Message 5 of 15 (789 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
6033 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 28, 2013

peckdogg68 wrote:

Walmart is doing them and check target

Target has halted all PS4 pre-orders online and stores, some local stores MAAAAAY have preorders available but it's looking a bit bleak now.

http://www.target.com/s?searchTerm=ps4&category=0%7CAll%7Cmatchallpartial%7Call+categories&lnk=snav_...

Should we be looking at this as a good thing .... maybe not for the OP but as a whole - the PS4 is going to be in the millions!

Message 6 of 15 (786 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
39 posts

Aug 28, 2013

Yeah, I hope more pre orders come out soon. I dont plan on going to the launch day without a pre order receipt.

Message 7 of 15 (745 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4404 posts

Aug 28, 2013

@Elite: I live in the Bay Area too Smiley Happy

Try Walmart. They opened up pre-orders in store.

If you don't get to pre-order a PS4, don't panic. Just be persistant on launch day.

If you are willing to make some calls and drive out of town (if need be), you will have no problem finding a PS4 on day 1.

With the amount of Walmarts, Targets, Kmarts, Best Buys, Costcos, Sam's Clubs, Fry's Electronics, Sears, et cetera -- in the Bay Area, there shouldn't be too much of a hassle, if you act early and quickly.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 8 of 15 (737 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3578 posts

Aug 28, 2013

If you cannot make a pre-order and really want a launch day system your best option would be to drive to every store near you and see if they have any on the shelves. You can also drive 20+ miles if you're really up for it. Another option is to pre-order the standard edition off Amazon and wait whatever amount of days/weeks/months to receive it. I don't suggest buying one off ebay as you'll basically get rip-offed. Best of luck to you! Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 15 (725 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1846 posts

Aug 28, 2013

userusb wrote:

If you cannot make a pre-order and really want a launch day system your best option would be to drive to every store near you and see if they have any on the shelves. You can also drive 20+ miles if you're really up for it. Another option is to pre-order the standard edition off Amazon and wait whatever amount of days/weeks/months to receive it. I don't suggest buying one off ebay as you'll basically get rip-offed. Best of luck to you! Smiley Happy

The standard edition is no longer available on Amazon. Do your research.

Get your Portable ID!
Motorstorm 80GB Bundle w/ 320GB HDD
Message 10 of 15 (718 Views)
0 Likes