Nov 06 2012
By: GuRuAsaki2098 Uncharted Territory 1799 posts

PlayStation 3: Suggestions / Sugestable Ideas?

4 replies 102 views Edited Nov 6, 2012

I dunno where to put this... But... 

How come the PlayStation 3 doesn't have Support for Backing Up Saved Data for not just 1, but both... 

PS 1 & PS2 Games Stored on the Hard Drive, when it comes to an External Hard Drive? 

I understand the New PS3 Consoles cannot play these so called Older Gen Games, but that doesn't mean that the other Models can't either... 

I was wandering if this might be a Possible Update for Older Model PS3s in the Future? 

Again, i'm not asking for this, i'm suggesting this... But at the same time, i'm also asking why it isn't already an Option... 

Any Comments? 

P. S.: I have PS1 Memory Cards that I can back up Data with, however I don't have any PS2 Memory Cards, nor do I have enough Space to Back my own Data Up... Which is why i'm Storing my Data on my PS3, however I can't store it there, if it's not Back Up Supported... This is very bothersome for those said Games that require hrs, apon hrs of Game Play, & I for one hate having to start all over again, just because my Data is not Back Up Supported, Smiley Sad 

Is this not something Sony can look into? ~_~

Hey, Yo, Waaaaazzzzuuupp!!! .................................................................................................................

Playstation 4
Too much Networking, & Socializing, but yet not enough Gaming... ~_~
Not My Style!!!

Get Your Portable ID!
Message 1 of 5 (102 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28984 posts

Re: PlayStation 3: Suggestions / Sugestable Ideas?

[ Edited ]
Nov 6, 2012

What you're talking about has been discussed many, many, many, MANY times before. 

Message 2 of 5 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1799 posts

Nov 6, 2012

Thats not a very good answer, lOl... 

Whats that suppose to mean? 

Oky, it was discussed, now my question is, what about it?

Hey, Yo, Waaaaazzzzuuupp!!! .................................................................................................................

Playstation 4
Not My Style!!!

Get Your Portable ID!
Message 3 of 5 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Nov 6, 2012

What exactly are you trying to suggest?

Furiously Chaosing
Message 4 of 5 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1799 posts

Nov 10, 2012

My PS3 Broke last year, I backed up my Data right before it broke on an External HDD... But when I got a New PS3 in March, same everything as before... I restored my Data, but none of my PS1 or PS2 Saved Games were Restored, only the PS3 ones... 

That really ticked me off, because I hate having to Start all over again, every single time something like this happens... That is what I got an External HDD for in the first place, to ensure that it doesn't happen again, & yet now i'm finding out, that it's useless, Smiley Sad 

Nothing that I want Backed Up, is allowed to be backed up, my PS3 Games say Prohibited, my PS1 & PS2 Games aren't supported, What the heck is Back Up good for if you can't Back Up what you want with it, Smiley Sad 

-------- 

Basically, what i'm suggesting is to let them allow the Consoles that orignally supported PS 1 & PS 2 Games on them, to let the Owners Back Up their Internal Memory Cards for PS1 & PS2 Games using the Back Up Wizard that is Stored on yur PS3 for stuff such as this... 

No?

Playstation 4
Not My Style!!!

Get Your Portable ID!
Message 5 of 5 (65 Views)
0 Likes