Nov 22 2012
By: iJosephs_7 First Son 3 posts

PlayStation 3 Problem!! Error 8002F14E

6 replies 444 views Edited Nov 22, 2012

So today I bought a PlayStation 3 for $50.00. I bought it knowingly it does not work and comes up with the Error 8002F14E. I tried putting it to safe mode and the update that it comes up with the Error with keeps automatically starting, it doesn't come up with any dashboard or anything, now assuming so, the guy I bought it from did the troubleshoot on the screen (Press power button until it beeps, then unplug and repower on and the update will automatically restart). So, now I can't put it to safe mode because it consistently starts the update itself.. 

The PS3 is the older fat version, any ideas what I could do? Taking it apart is under consideration. Thanks for your time hope I get some insight to with this problem. 

Message 1 of 7 (444 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Re: PlayStation 3 Problem!! Error 8002F14E

Nov 22, 2012

Bump

Message 2 of 7 (437 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29177 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 22, 2012

iJosephs_7 wrote:

So today I bought a PlayStation 3 for $50.00. I bought it knowingly it does not work and comes up with the Error 8002F14E. I tried putting it to safe mode and the update that it comes up with the Error with keeps automatically starting, it doesn't come up with any dashboard or anything, now assuming so, the guy I bought it from did the troubleshoot on the screen (Press power button until it beeps, then unplug and repower on and the update will automatically restart). So, now I can't put it to safe mode because it consistently starts the update itself.. 

The PS3 is the older fat version, any ideas what I could do? Taking it apart is under consideration. Thanks for your time hope I get some insight to with this problem. 

Dump it and buy a brand new one.

I have a long standing rule when it comes to buying a car; never buy a car that doesn't start. That same rule applies to electronics. No matter how much of a bargain you think you're getting, you're just buying someone else's problem. If you open it, you're just opening a  proverbial can of worms. 

Message 3 of 7 (435 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Nov 22, 2012

Completely understandable, just looking for someone who knows how to fix it or knows what to do, I wanna fool around with it and see what I can do. 

Message 4 of 7 (430 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29177 posts

Nov 22, 2012

iJosephs_7 wrote:

Completely understandable, just looking for someone who knows how to fix it or knows what to do, I wanna fool around with it and see what I can do. 

Trust me, cut your losses. I know a lot of people implicitly trust whatever they read on message boards these days, but as Rodney Dangerfield once said, the guy giving you advice could be a maniac. Anything you see is going to be, at best, guess work. 

Message 5 of 7 (425 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1102 posts

Nov 22, 2012

Check u-tube. There are lots of video's on how to repair ps3's. If you're lucky you might find one with the same problem that you're experiencing. My original fat ps3 died about a year ago, but I just didn't want to go through the trouble of taking it apart, so i dished out the cash for a slim, but at the time I found lots of websites and u-tube video's that go through step by step taking it apart, repairing and putting it back together.

Message 6 of 7 (416 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
1 posts

Dec 29, 2012

Having the same issue a reacurring loop of system update. No way to  dashboard it or anything, i recently had it repaired for a yellow light by a 3rd party. Im going to try and take it back to them and see what they can do but i would be happy with just being able to dashboard. If anyone could could give a solution to my reaccuring update problem it would be Appriected

Message 7 of 7 (371 Views)
0 Likes